Gopher fans | Syracusefan.com

Gopher fans

Well the Minnesota Gophers ARE one of those elite programs that strike fear into anybody in their way so I can’t blame them for being disappointed. It’s a shame they couldn’t have found a way to disregard the whole system and create the Mega Matchup of Georgia vs. Minnesota. Can you imagine the ratings for the #1 Bulldogs against the Goliath that is Minnesota Gophers football.

Coyle’s AD there still I assume.

You’d think they’re Ohio state with all their arrogance

What's funniest about this is that they've forgotten that we beat them back in 2012.

This is the same dipshiz arrogance they displayed back then.

Well, 10 years is the charm. It's been a decade, so they need a reminder about their place in college football.

I don't completely agree with their takes, but they seem mostly reasonable under the circumstances. This place would be far worse if we ended up at Fenway.

Also, they don't really seem to value the "like" feature. Maybe tee1222 should get an account over there and spread some Holiday cheer?!

GophersOpenMouthStruggleFace.gif

I have no clue why they think they’re above the pinstripe. Their best win was 6-6 Wisconsin lol

They beat 6 teams with losing records, 6-6 Wisconsin, 6-6 New Mexico St

Each of the 3 teams with at least 8 wins they played beat them by double figures. They lost at home to 7-5 Iowa as their other loss

By resume Syracuse deserved a better bowl than Minnesota did as Syracuse’s resume is far better

Lol newsflash to them...

They have exactly two wins vs Bowl teams all year that includes New Mexico St(6-6) and Wisconsin (6-6) vs our 4.

They also have wins vs..

Northwestern (1-11)
Nebraska (4-8)
Western Illinois (0-11)
Colorado (1-11)
Rutgers(4-8)
Mich St(5-7)

And they are whining lol. Real knowledgeable bunch.

Edit - sorry money you beat me to it.

I have no clue why they think they’re above the pinstripe. Their best win was 6-6 Wisconsin lol

They beat 6 teams with losing records, 6-6 Wisconsin, 6-6 New Mexico St

Each of the 3 teams with at least 8 wins they played beat them by double figures. They lost at home to 7-5 Iowa as their other loss

By resume Syracuse deserved a better bowl than Minnesota did as Syracuse’s resume is far better

When we stomp their a_____ maybe they’ll get it. Not likely but we should give them a proper beat down.

Lol newsflash to them...

They have exactly two wins vs Bowl teams all year that includes New Mexico St(6-6) and Wisconsin (6-6) vs our 4.

They also have wins vs..

Northwestern (1-11)
Nebraska (4-8)
Western Illinois (0-11)
Colorado (1-11)
Rutgers(4-8)
Mich St(5-7)

And they are whining lol. Real knowledgeable bunch.

Edit - sorry money you beat me to it.

Cortland played a tougher schedule.

Minnesota of course plays in the crappy B1G division. The one with no teams in the top 25. The one most agree is the worst division in any P5 league.

While we played in a division that had 4 teams in the top 25 most of the year. Sometimes 5. Six teams spent time in the top 25. Wake, UL and Syracuse eventually fell out after playing so many games against ranked teams.

UM didn’t play either of the 2 best teams in the conference (OSU and UM) and they had a cross over game against all time bad opponent Rutgers. Nice.

They also played an exceptionally weak OOC schedule. New Mexico State, an awful Colorado team and something called Western Illiinois. We played 3 bowl teams out of conference.

Only played one team in the top 25, (Penn State), who, of course, destroyed them.

The only common opponent is Purdue, who we beat and who beat Minnesota.

If we had a chance to play against that slate of cupcakes, we would likely have 10 wins. Good chance we would have 11. How does anyone rational think they deserve a good bowl when your team loses to every decent team it plays? They have zero good wins. Their best win was over a 6-6 UW team. They didn’t beat a single team with a winning record. Ugh.

Hard to understand how anyone could favor this team against Syracuse.

Gophers fan coming in peace! I promise to just make two posts tonight and then only respond to questions if you have them. I hate message board trolls. Just wanted to say congrats on your season and bowl selection and shed a little light on why Gophers fans are a little ornery about this placement, lol.
  1. You're right that Minnesota's resume wasn't really impressive this year, but for the 3rd time in 4 years they were 1 win away from playing the B1G Championship game...so a lot of fans are super disappointed and getting placed in NYC (which is perceived by most B1G fans as barely a notch above the Detroit game) is just the cherry on top.
  2. Minnesota has a long history of getting screwed in bowl placement. I don't think that happened this year at all -- the Pinstripe is about right and SU is a good opponent -- but I could write you all a novel about the times MN has gotten passed over -- including last year when 7-5 PSU (with a losing conference record) and both Iowa and Purdue (who MN beat head to head) went to better bowls. It happens about every year...so our automatic reaction at bowl selection time is outrage, lol.
  3. Some people would've liked an opponent MN hasn't played in a long time (or ever) rather than Syracuse who we've seen 3 times in recent memory. I know it's been a while since the last matchup, but we haven't played Pitt, Duke, or Wake Forest in the modern era that I'm aware of, and we last played NC St when Phillip Rivers was the QB lol.
So yeah, I don't think our disappointment has anything to do with Syracuse or our perceived chances of winning the game. Good luck. Great (and active) board you have here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom