GOT Megathread (Spoiler Free Edition) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GOT Megathread (Spoiler Free Edition)

Thankfully he won't be up against the buzzsaw that is Cranston for best actor. I think Tyrion qualifies as a supporting character.
The best actor Emmy is firmly ensconced in Cranston's Keep. Dinklage is indeed supporting.

The best actor Emmy is firmly ensconced in Cranston's Keep. Dinklage is indeed supporting.
Don't be so sure about Cranston. Matt McConaughey has something pretty strong to say about that.

I would actually give Matty Mc better odds than Cranston. Flashy role, movie star on an HBO series, reigning Oscar winner...not to mention he's legitimately amazing in True Detective. I would he a little surprised if Cranston beats him honestly.

Don't be so sure about Cranston. Matt McConaughey has something pretty strong to say about that.

I would actually give Matty Mc better odds than Cranston. Flashy role, movie star on an HBO series, reigning Oscar winner...not to mention he's legitimately amazing in True Detective. I would he a little surprised if Cranston beats him honestly.
Oh, I'm not sure at all WRT Cranston. Just wanted to make the near-homophonic pun "Cranston's Keep". Not that Walt would ever have given Jr. up to the ABQ White Walkers.

The other place a discuss GOT with is really, really strict about spoilers. You can't discuss things from the episode previews or the season trailer. It's kind of funny watching people speculate about who is going to fight next week. I never thought a second long clip of two people fighting from the season trailer could make me feel like a book reader, but well, here we are.

The other place a discuss GOT with is really, really strict about spoilers. You can't discuss things from the episode previews or the season trailer. It's kind of funny watching people speculate about who is going to fight next week. I never thought a second long clip of two people fighting from the season trailer could make me feel like a book reader, but well, here we are.
Having Oberyn jumping around with a spear was a pretty big giveaway. Though, I'm not sure the scene from last night's episode gave justice to the reveal as the books did. Going to be a long two weeks :(

Having Oberyn jumping around with a spear was a pretty big giveaway. Though, I'm not sure the scene from last night's episode gave justice to the reveal as the books did. Going to be a long two weeks :(

Why is it off the air next week?

Why is it off the air next week?
Memorial Day Weekend. I believe "Blackwater" aired on the Sunday of that weekend two years ago to some abysmal ratings. They made the skip last year before the Red Wedding, and are smartly doing it the same this year, as well.

10405242_4129610016236_5484261939647677931_n.jpg

Had a friend post this on facebook. I have finished A storm of swords. I have started up A Feast for Crows now. I'm a bit addicted. The books are amazing.

Yeah, for sure. My only gripe with the reveal was Cersai picks Mountain, and Tyrion who is usually a step ahead of everyone gets all pouty because Jaime and Bronn won't/can't champion him. Gee, if ONLY there was someone around the knew how to fight and would be up for fighting The Mountain. It's not like there isn't a guy who has been talking about wanting to kill him since his first scene in the show...

Someone needs to make a YouTube video of Oberyn doing in things in slow motion to the song "Hero" by Enrique Iglesis.

Memorial Day Weekend. I believe "Blackwater" aired on the Sunday of that weekend two years ago to some abysmal ratings. They made the skip last year before the Red Wedding, and are smartly doing it the same this year, as well.
I don't doubt that that's the reason, but I wonder why HBO cares about single episode ratings when they have no advertisers and will repeat the episode all week long? Seems that cumulative views would be a better measuring stick for them. The show has a massive cult following and no one is going to miss out on it even if they're not available for the initial airing.

I don't doubt that that's the reason, but I wonder why HBO cares about single episode ratings when they have no advertisers and will repeat the episode all week long? Seems that cumulative views would be a better measuring stick for them. The show has a massive cult following and no one is going to miss out on it even if they're not available for the initial airing.

In a way though, it adds to the buzz. It's just a week, where most of us will be busy anyways, and we are all craving our fix.

Without giving anything away, more will happen in the next three episodes than have happened in the previous 7, so it's a perfect spot to have a break.

Is it a safe guess the Hound's bite becomes infected and is his undoing? Id be disappointed if that's his ending considering how many other people have received much graver wounds and lived.

Interesting to see where the Hound and Arya end up in the next episode, based on the preview photographs from the episode. This was part of the Hound's original plan, but it never came into fruition.

That was the most gruesome thing I think I have ever seen.

Unrelated - Sansa descending the stairs...YOWZA. When the hell did Sophie Turner shift from "pretty girl" to "extremely hot woman" exactly?

Hey, she's legal now, I can say that.

That was the most gruesome thing I think I have ever seen.

Unrelated - Sansa descending the stairs...YOWZA. When the hell did Sophie Turner shift from "pretty girl" to "extremely hot woman" exactly?

Hey, she's legal now, I can say that.
Been waiting years to say that haven't you. I kid, i kid.

But yeah that episode really...gave me a headache.

Episode blew my mind. Much more gruesome than the book depicted. Just the brilliance of Pascal's portrayal of Oberyn. That's the thing with some of these characters. They're written to be loved, and in their moment of glory, poof. Next two weeks will make for some amazing television.

I seriously have no idea how they will fit all the stuff into Episode 10 that I assume they still have to show us. The last stuff from book three, of course, plus whatever they have left for Bran and Dany. (Episode 9 looks to be all at Castle Black)

(And I am bizarrely obsessed with whether/how they will do the tail end of Book 3 on-screen)

(And I am bizarrely obsessed with whether/how they will do the tail end of Book 3 on-screen)

IMO - If they do it right, it will be amazing. Twitter will be blowing up.

I seriously have no idea how they will fit all the stuff into Episode 10 that I assume they still have to show us. The last stuff from book three, of course, plus whatever they have left for Bran and Dany. (Episode 9 looks to be all at Castle Black)
I don't think we'll see any more of Bran, maybe just travelling with a quick scenery shot of something significant in the distance to end their scene. He wasn't the focus at all this season, just had the little Craster side story added in to keep him in the loop.

Dany's story is also basically told for the season, no time to add the upcoming stuff. I do expect that we'll see one more clip of the dragons to further establish that they are getting out of control. Then the next season can begin a little further ahead.

There's enough going on in Kings Landing and the Vale to fill the last episode with plenty of Holy Moley! moments.

The showrunners did mention that there is a sequence in the finale that will have the highest cost-per-second of screen time. There are crazily a few options there.

The showrunners did mention that there is a sequence in the finale that will have the highest cost-per-second of screen time. There are crazily a few options there.
Highest cost-per-second?

I don't know the story well enough to speculate about what that could be, but I'm certainly curious. The only thing I'm absolutely CERTAIN will happen (well, hopefully) is (inviso-text, aka white colored text: Lady Stoneheart.

The cost-per-second...could that be, maybe, a scene with Bran and company encountering Coldhands? I'm not sure why that would be the most expensive but the effects for that could be substantial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom