GOT Megathread (Spoiler Free Edition) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

GOT Megathread (Spoiler Free Edition)

Speculation is that high cost per second is chaining the dragons after kid is killed

Also regarding Bran, ctors were cast for three eyed crow and aapparently a child of forest too

Speculation is that high cost per second is chaining the dragons after kid is killed

Also regarding Bran, ctors were cast for three eyed crow and aapparently a child of forest too
I'm not sure that the timing is at all lining up for the event folks are speculating... certain people haven't even been introduced yet; I just can't see it rushing along that fast.

The first casting you mention... that character's story line is really interesting. Quite a bit about him in the Dunk & Egg prequel novellas.

I was surprised to see in the previews that they are going to continue Jon's story next week. I figured that dedicating the entire episode to Castle Black would end that arc for the season. Are they adding any time for the finale? It's going to be a choppy mess with all of the locations/situations that they need to tie up. I suspect that we aren't going to get all of the events that readers are expecting, especially if they try to cram everything into an hour (actually 50 or so minutes).

I was surprised to see in the previews that they are going to continue Jon's story next week. I figured that dedicating the entire episode to Castle Black would end that arc for the season. Are they adding any time for the finale? It's going to be a choppy mess with all of the locations/situations that they need to tie up. I suspect that we aren't going to get all of the events that readers are expecting, especially if they try to cram everything into an hour (actually 50 or so minutes).

Believe the finale is going the around 62ish minutes, or I think that's what I read. I think we see the following next week... (I've put it in white text for those who don't want spoilers). Your last warning... SPOILERS AHEAD..

-Stannis getting to the wall
-Arya setting sail for Bravos
-Tyrion's escape and encounters with Tywin & Shae
-Lady Stonehart
-Danerys chaining her Dragons
-Qyburn and some interaction with The Mountian

Nonetheless, it's going to be a great season finale.

At this point, I don't see how they can possibly cram everything into the finale that we SHOULD be seeing. As JackBauer44 pointed out there are a TON of huge plot points left to cover, which makes me think they'll push about half of them to next season. If I had to guess, the final scene will be either Lady Stoneheart or Tyrion killing Tywin and fleeing for Essos.

At this point, I don't see how they can possibly cram everything into the finale that we SHOULD be seeing. As JackBauer44 pointed out there are a TON of huge plot points left to cover, which makes me think they'll push about half of them to next season. If I had to guess, the final scene will be either Lady Stoneheart or Tyrion killing Tywin and fleeing for Essos.

I feel like it has to be LS. If they want a cliffhanger series finale like I've read they do - That will get people talking.

That'd make for the biggest ending, I completely agree with you.

If you watched the final trailer, we can definitely see Tyrion carrying a crossbow to a door, Brienne and the Hound confronting, Jon in mance's tent, Stannis' troops arriving, and Bran reaching Bloodraven, or at least getting to his location.

Last edited:
Holy crap, the giant who the Night's Watch faced down in the tunnel was played by none other than Neil Fingleton, the greatest McDonald's AA bust of all-time, who originally went to UNC before transferring to Holy Cross.

This is not a joke. Grantland posted this info today.

Holy crap, the giant who the Night's Watch faced down in the tunnel was played by none other than Neil Fingleton, the greatest McDonald's AA bust of all-time, who originally went to UNC before transferring to Holy Cross.

This is not a joke. Grantland posted this info today.

Game of Thrones is so fantastical it even made that dude menacing.

I feel like it has to be LS. If they want a cliffhanger series finale like I've read they do - That will get people talking.

More like bitching. I find myself hoping the character gets written out of the tv version of the story. Easily imo one of the worst characters in the whole story.

More like bitching. I find myself hoping the character gets written out of the tv version of the story. Easily imo one of the worst characters in the whole story.
So. Annoying. I didn't think it was possible for the show character to be more annoying than the book version (goes for another character in the same family) but BY FAR...

The thing about..."it"... is that it is a completely different character after its "transformation". And has motives that will put a little hope into the Stark loyalists.

The thing about..."it"... is that it is a completely different character after its "transformation". And has motives that will put a little hope into the Stark loyalists.

Going to channel my inner Hound here, 'Once a c--t, always a c--t.'

Well, apparently Lannister's don't sh-- gold :cool:

with how whitewashed Tyrion has been on the show, I'm happy this scene finally occurred. He isn't just some funny little man, he's seriously disturbed by the way he's been treated his whole life and we've finally seen his breaking point.

Loved what they did in this episode. A bit frustrated with that they left out...
Not sure if you mean portions of scenes that we saw (e.g., why Tyrion was wandering around in the secret passageways) or entire scenes that were left out (not gonna say it, even though everyone else is everywhere). I'll assume the latter and disagree somewhat. The story going forward slows down quite a bit and next season would look even duller in comparison if yet another surprise was sprung now. Most of the big moments will require characters that we haven't met yet - may as well save a shocker with a known character in case the new cast doesn't catch on as well.

Yes, I referred to uhh the epilogue of Book 3 (although I thought maybe that would be skipped and we'd wind up with the event in Book 4 that involves that person, if that makes sense in an extremely vague way)

I can understand leaving it out for now, but now it is all over the place (EW.com pissed me off, they had a fan-made drawing and everything) so the element of insane shock may be wasted...

As much as that character kind of sucks, why include the BWB in the show? Why send Brienne and Pod a la the books? It would completely change a lot of motivations (Brienne and Jaime specifically)
I think we'll get that character next year. Deny deny deny, and then let it be a surprise. Season 5 spoilers ahead (book deviation, too):

It sounds as if Jaime is going to take the role of Ser Balon Swann/Ser Arys Oakheart and travel to Dorne next season, which COMPLETELY changes everything. No siege of Riverrun, no parley with the Blackfish, no reintroduction of newly pious Lancel at Darry. And it sounds as if he'll fight with one of the Sandsnakes. Interesting. Not sure where they're going with this.

I loved the end of book twist for ASOS, so I was kinda mad it wasn't included. Am hoping it makes it into Season 5, BUT I also could see why, from a long-term perspective, they may leave it out, given uhhh what happens at end of Book 5 and that a certain someone may have to "kiss" a certain someone else in Book 6 and you can only play that card so many times.

Spoiler text (Season 5, Books/The Winds of Winter):

I think we've3 got the battle for Winterfell next year. Which is interesting, and was pushed back from A Dance With Dragons to The Winds of Winter. Needless to say, the fact that they've scouted Iceland for it, where they do much of their northern filming, tells us it'll be included and we've officially moved into REAL SPOILER territory. Also, I heard that (read that) they've decided on Spain for some of Dorne, namely the Water Gardens, and a bull-fighting arena. You have to assume that's going to be where they film Daznak's Pit. Finally, some dragon riding action! Should be interesting. Write, George, write!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom