Gottlieb going to bat for us | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb going to bat for us

the other announcer mentioned Buffalo/MSG and how it's four home games. The way he said you could tell he was so pissed. I wonder if he says the same thing about Duke and/or UNC starting many a tourney with practical home games.

DG is smokin something... Right now, there's not many very good teams aside from Fla, Az, WSU, Virg, Wisky, and Nova

That said, our home games with BC & GT don't make for a back-loaded schedule... since they were half of our losses. Our 2nd string should've been able to beat those teams in the Dome. Still stings. The @Duke, @Virg are the only true back-loaded toughies... the rest are/were against NIT or sub-.500 teams. I'm sure the committee will factor in Grant's injury/absence, but we aren't exactly world-beaters (even with Grant healthy)the last 10+ games.
what second string?

He's know his stuff about the NCAA more than almost everybody in the media.. he is not making stuff up.

He has decent knowledge but he can't help himself- he's a and it has nothing to do with whether he's fair or unfair to SU.

bpo57 said:
He has decent knowledge but he can't help himself- he's a and it has nothing to do with whether he's fair or unfair to SU.

That's the point: I think he can help himself. He does it (acts like a ) on purpose because that's his program. Over sensitive SU fans can't deal with it. Don't like it? Fine, no issue with that. But completely wrong all the time? No, he's not.

44cuse

He's always been one of the more accurate talking heads out there...it's why nobody here likes him.

Concur. I do think he acted a bit like a crazy person on TV at times assessing us, but I also think he knew what he was doing - and probably found it funny. On the radio, etc...top notch with his analysis, even when discussing us.

Seth Davis pointing out how UVA beat us down in the second half when discussing halftime of UVA/Maryland.

Gottlieb jumped in and said it also helped that Jerami Grant didn't play and Tyler Ennis got his 4th foul early on. Goes on to say, UVA still isn't deserving of a 1 or 2 seed just yet due to the unbalanced schedule.

Seth Davis pointing out how UVA beat us down in the second half when discussing halftime of UVA/Maryland.

Gottlieb jumped in and said it also helped that Jerami Grant didn't play and Tyler Ennis got his 4th foul early on. Goes on to say, UVA still isn't deserving of a 1 or 2 seed just yet due to the unbalanced schedule.
Dougie does? Dougie does!