Gottlieb got me last Night | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb got me last Night

RoysRunts

All Conference
I broke one of my rules and turned the sound on last night for the KState/Mizzou Game. I thought I was old enough not to fall for it, but I was weak :bang:. 1st Doug say's Mizzou deserves a #1 seed (Which he must say to bolster his previous point as to why Syracuse dosen't) O.K. I bit :eek: shame on me:mad:. But then as the Game moves along he points out as Mizzou is getting pounded It's so tough to win in the conference when each team has played you and knows your tendancies, How good KState is ,Waiters isn't as good as etc, etc I have to admit Doug sure knows how to play the Anti SU Card . I will not break the Audio rule again.couchburn

Doug is a complete fool i will be surprised if he is on air in another year or so

Notice i did not start this thread,

but thanks for pointing it out to all of us, Gottlieb needs to be called out

look up definition of douche in dictionary see a picture of Doug Gottlieb

Not a big fan of Gottlieb period, but especially as a color commentator. He calls games like a politician...dancing around any basketball-related question so he doesn't sound too stupid. I know a bull****er when I see one.

Like I have stated in the past until Doug Gottleib has a say in how we are seeded his statements hold as much weight as Zach Tomaselli.

Personally I love his radio show. I don't always agree with him on everything but then again I don't think I have thin skin as a fan.
I love his radio show. People need to pay attention and actually listen to what he says. He bashes every program. Every one but for some reason our fans only seem to listen when he talks about Syracuse.

I love his radio show. People need to pay attention and actually listen to what he says. He bashes every program. Every one but for some reason our fans only seem to listen when he talks about Syracuse.

first of all for you to say the word love and the name gottlieb as a syracuse fan,

when it comes to gottlieb the feeling is mutual of syracuse fans on gottlieb and there is a reason for that

At least he's talking about us.

What's the old saying "the only thing worse about being talked about is not being talked about"

Personally I love his radio show. I don't always agree with him on everything but then again I don't think I have thin skin as a fan.

I think his radio show is good as well. I think for whatever reason he tends to make more outlandish statements when he's on TV and since most people just hear those he comes off a bit more like a tool than he really is. You would think it would be the other way around tbh. I don't know, either way, he's usually a very good listen on the radio.

first of all for you to say the word love and the name gottlieb as a syracuse fan,

when it comes to gottlieb the feeling is mutual of syracuse fans on gottlieb and there is a reason for that

No I just am not as thinskinned as some people on this board are. One person says a bad thing about syracuse and he is condemned to hell. Seth Davis has said just as many negative things about Syracuse yet noone ever rags on him. You need to get over this obsession towards him.

I like his radio show as well! I think he likes messing with the SU fans a bit especially when people get all worked up over his 1 or 2 negative comments out of 20. Gottlieb is one of the better analyst at ESPN in my opinion. Until the monopoly which is ESPN gets a challenger, we are basically stuck with whoever ESPN puts in front of our face.
BTW, I'm curious if anyone on the board has lived anywhere else in the world? I feel like the American culture is to complain about EVERYTHING especially sports. Is it like this throughout the world or is it just us spoiled Americans?

Dammit. I was sleeping and the newly installed Gottlieb Alert horn in my community failed to go off. So now I'm only digesting this latest indignation once its already old news.:(

I will now take more proactive measures to ensure prompt and adequate exposure to all Doug-centric slights, including:
1. Calling the Emergency Broadcast System for tests in case they need to break into my regularly scheduled programming on non-sports stations
2. Reaching out to the Vatican to see if they will send smoke signals whenever a new halftime or post-game segment airs
3. Seeing if Papa Johns can combine their daily pizza special text message with a blurb or two about the goings on in Bristol.

I promise to be more responsible in the future.

My favorite Dougie moment last night was the massively obvious flop by Alex English, when he had no shot at a rebound. They showed a replay that was a pathetic acting job, and Douglas say " wow so smart.. what a smart play"

Give me a freaking break dude. Doug sucks the snot end of any Big 12 chick splitter. His act is sad and I largely ignore him.

BTW, I'm curious if anyone on the board has lived anywhere else in the world? I feel like the American culture is to complain about EVERYTHING especially sports. Is it like this throughout the world or is it just us spoiled Americans?

Go to Europe if you want to hear people complain. Btw, among Americans, NYStaters and Ohioans are the top complainers. It's not nearly as widespread elsewhere in the country.

Doug is a complete fool i will be surprised if he is on air in another year or so
I'm sure ESPN hates having a guy who generates endless discussions among college basketball fans.

My favorite Dougie moment last night was the massively obvious flop by Alex English, when he had no shot at a rebound. They showed a replay that was a pathetic acting job, and Douglas say " wow so smart.. what a smart play"

Give me a freaking break dude. Doug sucks the snot end of any Big 12 chick splitter. His act is sad and I largely ignore him.

Wasn't it a smart play since he had no chance at th e board and he drew a foul?

Wasn't it a smart play since he had no chance at th e board and he drew a foul?

Smart or deceptive? are they one and the same now?

Also do you think Douglas would say that had Dion or Fab done the same?

I like Doug Gottlieb for the most part. I feel he is objective when he talks about SU -- his natural tendency is to be more negative rather then positive, for basically everybody.

And I really hate announcers that I perceive as lacking objectivity (Dykes, Patrick) and or common sense (at times Dykes, every word stated by Mike Patrick) -

Listen, of someone flops or embellishes a foul, that's part of the game! I'm not sure how many people here have actually played organized ball other than a youth league but I have to tell you, in the heat of the battle you flop or pretend you got fouled, you roll with it! It's all part of the game! I think it was a smart play too!