Grant and Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Grant and Ennis

Libero2

Hall of Fame
Lets face it, both had fairly lackluster moments in this game.

Grant was pretty much irrelevant today 4 points, and none of his trademark energy plays.

Ennis was horrific shooting the ball until the final 5 minutes when he got to the basket at will and finished (finally). You want to talk about a blackhole (that Cj has been accused of quite a bit this last month) Ennis was 4/15 before his last couple minutes and he finished 7/21 for 19 points. Then he has that awful TO and those last two shots left a lot to be desired in the final 1:30, which at minimum will leave an awful taste in his mouth as the season ends.

So, the season is over officially. Are they back? are they gone? Neither's season exactly ended on a high note today.

My opinion is both should come back for their own development, but I have no idea what either is thinking. Hopefully we get at least 1 back. If they both come back, the will make Cuse one of the preseason favorite.

Neither are ready for the NBA. If Grant goes after this game, he's crazy. He has much to work on, midrange jumper, a counter to his spin move, upper body strength. Ennis needs to work on his outside shot and his handle. Boeheim is pretty unselfish with having kids move on if they are ready but he should tell both to stay. And I'm not just saying that b/c I want them to.

7/21 is down right chamberlainesque for this team.

Tyler was hampered by a serious lack of offensive ability by his mates.

I don't know, Grant wasn't used at all today.

CJ finally looked to be regaining some mojo, then never saw the ball again. I'd MUCH rather have him taking that one jumper than Ennis to be honest.

If the barometet is you leave if in the lottery, are either there honestly?

While I agree it should also be pointed out the rest of the team was 14/34 (41.176%) and 0/5 from 3 for 34 points

Ennis was 7/21 (33%) and 0/5 from 3 for 19 points

numbers don't exactly bare out that nobody else was effective, for most of the game Ennis taking and forcing shots he didn't have was a big problem today. In the last 5 minutes he finally got to the rim with consistency and made some plays and got to the line as well. But the majority of this game he was atrocious offensively and was part of the problem not the solution.

If the barometet is you leave if in the lottery, are either there honestly?
Thats why I started the thread, are they really there? Even after this past month? Especially after today?

Tyler is far enough along that he is gone. However, while Grant is crazy athletic, the kid can jump and that leads to some pretty spectacular dunk shots, his game needs a lot more work because a single spin move around the basket with little else from five feet out is not going to cut it in the league. Grant is back.

grant lost his mojo once he injured his back. his outside shot was coming along and then it went to crap once he got hurt. he was afraid to shoot after that. im not worried about him.

Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball 1m
Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant were asked whether they will stay another year. Both said they had not thought about it, had no timetable.

Thats why I started the thread, are they really there? Even after this past month? Especially after today?
I don't think so...there aren't 14 better prospects on the planet? If that is the case we don't lose to Dayton

Well, the 76ers aren't drafting a PG and they have two lottery picks, Smart, Exum, and Lavine ahead of him at PG, throw in Randle, Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Vonleh, Hood and Harris getting drafted high I don't think there is room for Ennis in the lottery.

Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant were asked whether they will stay another year. Both said they had not thought about it, had no timetable.

I still think that line (although the universal tag line) is a joke. There is no chance these guys haven't thought about pros vs. staying in school. A final decision probably has not been made, but they have definitely thought about it.

At this point i just dont see either one making it in the pros. Ennis and his game does not transfer well into the NBA. He is too weak and he will be eaten alive by many that he has to play against. Can you imagine Dwaiters against Ennis. He would put up 25 on him every game. Grant needs another year same thing like throwing a sheep to the wolves. Sure he is athletic but who cares they all are. He is not even close to being ready. If they both go they both bust they need another year and im not sure that Ennis ever makes it.

At this point i just dont see either one making it in the pros. Ennis and his game does not transfer well into the NBA. He is too weak and he will be eaten alive by many that he has to play against. Can you imagine Dwaiters against Ennis. He would put up 25 on him every game. Grant needs another year same thing like throwing a sheep to the wolves. Sure he is athletic but who cares they all are. He is not even close to being ready. If they both go they both bust they need another year and im not sure that Ennis ever makes it.

I could deal with 4 years of Tyler Ennis as SUs starting PG if the NBA never really comes calling

grant lost his mojo once he injured his back. his outside shot was coming along and then it went to crap once he got hurt. he was afraid to shoot after that. im not worried about him.

This... he was out of sorts in this game but the back looked in worse shape than in previous games... hit the deck in first half and grimaced in pain. Looked in rough shape after that...

What !? --no more talk on the SyracuseFan about Christmas going Pro as we have heard since his freshman year!

This just means that both have it on their minds and will consider it very carefully as the time comes to commit one way or the other.

If it were me and I know I'm getting selected in the first round, I'm gone. "Money talks, bs walks." But I've said this before and most here seem to believe that either their opinion matters whether a player is ready or not, or that somehow the player can become more ready by staying. I'm of the opinion, if a player knows they are going to be selected in the first round, take the money and roll the dice on whether the player will stick in the NBA. Staying in college may or may not be beneficial. (Just ask Marcus Smart if he should have left to go to the NBA after last season or not. Also, everyone likes to point to Dontae Greene as the poster child for shoulda stayed. I'm of the opinion had he stayed, the NBA may have seen more clearly his weaknesses and he may have never seen any NBA dollars by not being drafted in the first round.)

This just means that both have it on their minds and will consider it very carefully as the time comes to commit one way or the other.

If it were me and I know I'm getting selected in the first round, I'm gone. "Money talks, bs walks." But I've said this before and most here seem to believe that either their opinion matters whether a player is ready or not, or that somehow the player can become more ready by staying. I'm of the opinion, if a player knows they are going to be selected in the first round, take the money and roll the dice on whether the player will stick in the NBA. Staying in college may or may not be beneficial. (Just ask Marcus Smart if he should have left to go to the NBA after last season or not. Also, everyone likes to point to Dontae Greene as the poster child for shoulda stayed. I'm of the opinion had he stayed, the NBA may have seen more clearly his weaknesses and he may have never seen any NBA dollars by not being drafted in the first round.)

I hear this argument all the time. I guess my thought are dependent on the goals of the kid.

Is his goal to have an NBA career? Or is his goal to make money right now? An actual career = a whole heck of a lot more money than being a first round pick does.

So which is better? Leaving and being a first round pick that spends a few years in the DL before being done, or a guy who stays in college to improve his game? If you stay in college you could improve yourself and become a better player who has a chance to stick in the NBA and make a lot of money, or you could stay exactly the same and the NBA may sour on you altogether.

Which gamble should you take? If it's me, i'm going big (or going home) stay and improve in hopes of being able to prove I am ready to be an NBA'er who can play for years and earn tons of cash. I figure I can always join the NBADL next year anyways.

But that's me, I can see why kids go for it, they want/need the money and get it, then use it and often times are out of the league and broke anyways in 2 years.

Both players have glaring weaknesses, and at this point I cannot imagine them declaring one way or the other until they find out who is going, and who is staying. That has to factor in. If, for instance, Jabari Parker comes back (against all odds) or Aaron Gordon comes back, I would imagine Grant would be more likely to leave because he vaults up two more spots. If they both go, both would be picked ahead of Grant, for example.

I have to think both are about 50/50, honestly. Losing in the round of 32 has to leave a sour taste with such tremendous potential.

The thing is, this year's draft is pretty loaded, even if people like Wiggins and Embiid and Marcus Smart didn't pan out as well as projected. 2015 draft won't be so deep.

I still think that line (although the universal tag line) is a joke. There is no chance these guys haven't thought about pros vs. staying in school. A final decision probably has not been made, but they have definitely thought about it.
Complete agree that it's a PC canned response. They've both thought about it plenty. It's like asking a 20 year old college guy if he's thought about s e x.

I think our biggest hope for keeping them is how stacked this years class will be. Neither of them have a chance to be top 5, and I think it would be shocking if either were picked in the top 12.

This is one of the few classes where staying, even when your stock is high, might end up making you more money in the long run.They'll be drafted higher next year since the class won't be as top heavy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom