Grant Dropped G'town Student | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Grant Dropped G'town Student

If a Syracuse student got laid out by Lubick or Starks, I would LOVE to see how the reactions would be in this thread... He's a thug, suspend him, etc etc

My guess (not stepping out on a limb) is they wouldn't be the same.

No way. Grant belonged on the floor. The kid didn't.

I can see JB fighting this if the conference wants to discipline him. I don't see SU doing anything. They never did anything to the guy who punched Zavackas in 2003.

I thought this board was almost uniformly in support of court storming.:noidea:

If a Syracuse student got laid out by Lubick or Starks, I would LOVE to see how the reactions would be in this thread... He's a thug, suspend him, etc etc

Meh, it depends on the context. If there was minimal provocation then JG should sit for at least the BET.

Hold the presses. Are you saying a fan base would have a different reaction depending on who was hit? Holy smokes.

Meh, it depends on the context. If there was minimal provocation then JG should sit for at least the BET.
He should sit one game and thats the MOST he should get. You don't run up in someones face and expect nothing to happen.

I have nothing against JS, but the team was better when he was gone.

JS's return coincided with Grant's loss of confidence.

Hmmm, wonder why that is...

if we ever stormed the court against shitty G'town, I would be pissed at our students and hope they get punched

if grant got fed up and transferred i wouldnt blame him- i hope to hell he stays but he earned the right to play big minutes with js back and was collecting splinters instead.

Duh. Your attempts to be contrarian are pretty weak.

JS's return coincided with Grant's loss of confidence.

Hmmm, wonder why that is...

I try not to be too critical of JB because I can't imagine what it would be like if people who knew nothing about my job whined about every tactical decision I make in the course of a day, but he has (to say the least) not handed that well. JG looked great against ND. Now he can't hold on to the damn ball. That's not all Grant's fault.

I try not to be too critical of JB because I can't imagine what it would be like if people who knew nothing about my job whined about every tactical decision I make in the course of a day, but he has (to say the least) not handed that well. JG looked great against ND. Now he can't hold on to the damn ball. That's not all Grant's fault.
Well, I'm not sure about the "people who knew nothing about my job." Plenty of people know a lot about basketball and coaching. I think that makes it fair game to critique what he's doing, because some of it just does not make sense.

Sad that he was even in the proximity of a student. Could you imagine fans on the court at the end of an NBA game

Nobody has answered---Did this actually happen? Who saw it firsthand?

no way this happened, twitter would be all over something like this

Grants 6'8 the guy rushing is probably 5'7. That means he puts his arm out to push away to get to the lockeroom and probably hits the guy around the neck or head. I see nothing bad with that worthy of even being yelled at let alone suspended for half a game.

If its bad language and a punch its a different story. It would be he lost his cool after a emotional game. Not even the opposing players get in peoples faces like that after a game. They know better.

Grant will be starting next year. He'll be fine.
Not sure about that, but I think at worst he'll be Kris Joseph as a sophomore in terms of playing time and the kind of role he plays. I wouldn't be surprised if our starting front line next year was Fair, Rak, and Coleman.

Well, I'm not sure about the "people who knew nothing about my job." Plenty of people know a lot about basketball and coaching. I think that makes it fair game to critique what he's doing, because some of it just does not make sense.
Yeah but if grant were getting big minutes and we were still losing that'd be the reason why. Jb goes with his best guys for a reason...they're just not good right now. I mean Southey is like 1 for last 20

no way you can deal a suspension here. dude had no business being on the court. if anybody's at fault then georgetown should take the hit. jerami didn't climb up into the stands. the bleachers came at him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom