Grant Dropped G'town Student | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Grant Dropped G'town Student

no way you can deal a suspension here. dude had no business being on the court. if anybody's at fault then georgetown should take the hit. jerami didn't climb up into the stands. the bleachers came at him.
I tend to agree. It's Georgetown's responsibility to protect the players, coaches, and other team officials and representatives...of BOTH teams.

Why are folks making such a big deal out of something we don't know ever happened, let alone the circumstances if anything even did. It's chaos all around on stormings. We are so far down in the weeds here. But, oh well, what else is there to talk about after another crappy SU performance?

Not sure about that, but I think at worst he'll be Kris Joseph as a sophomore in terms of playing time and the kind of role he plays. I wouldn't be surprised if our starting front line next year was Fair, Rak, and Coleman.

Rak wont be here.

Yeah but if grant were getting big minutes and we were still losing that'd be the reason why. Jb goes with his best guys for a reason...they're just not good right now. I mean Southey is like 1 for last 20

Maybe JS isn't one of he best 5? Other than shooting wide-open 3s and finishing on the break (fast break? What is a fast break?), what does JS bring to the table?

Where will he be?

whatever school wants him as a transfer. this is by no means anything other than my opinion, but he will be gone. I dont blame him. There is no way he starts over Grant or CJ, and a junior who has started a ton will not want to go back to the bench. On top of that, we never get him the ball. I feel for the kid...

Maybe JS isn't one of he best 5? Other than shooting wide-open 3s and finishing on the break (fast break? What is a fast break?), what does JS bring to the table?
Beans?

Well, he's second on the team in scoring. So I'd say that he is one of the best 5.

If you mean what did he bring to the table TODAY, then I wouldn't disagree. But let's not pretend that he isn't a major weapon that needs to be accounted for by opposing defenses, even despite today's putrid showing.

JS has brought nothing to the table other than a handful of games. He cant rebound and gets toasted in the zone. I am all for giving Grant even playing time. If we had ANYTHING resembling a third guard, I would be all for sitting Triche at this point too. Those two have just lost all confidence.

Those two have just lost all confidence.
They have certainly not lost any confidence. They continue to jack up shots. They are failing to properly execute. Southerland's taking low percentage shots and Triche has the yips.

whatever school wants him as a transfer. this is by no means anything other than my opinion, but he will be gone. I dont blame him. There is no way he starts over Grant or CJ, and a junior who has started a ton will not want to go back to the bench. On top of that, we never get him the ball. I feel for the kid...

You do understand hy he rarely gets the ball right? Also no way he leaves and sits for a year to play elsewhere for a lessor program.

Well, he's second on the team in scoring. So I'd say that he is one of the best 5.

If you mean what did he bring to the table TODAY, then I wouldn't disagree. But let's not pretend that he isn't a major weapon that needs to be accounted for by opposing defenses, even despite today's putrid showing.

When he's on, he needs to be accounted for. When he's not, he's easy to defend - you know he's not going to drive the ball, crash the boards or finish down low.

Plus, you could make the argument that his deficiencies on the defensive end, including rebounding, cost us nearly as many points as he scores.

JS is a lost between a first-4th scoring option you never know what you will get.

He can be really on, half on, or really off from deep.
some days hes good for 6-10 points inside off jumpshots transition and offensive boards. Other days hes lucky to get 2.

Grant hasn't had offense the last 8 games. It looks like Defenses have cued in on his midrange game and were able to stop it unlike freshmen Fair. James is the obvious choice.

When he's on, he needs to be accounted for. When he's not, he's easy to defend - you know he's not going to drive the ball, crash the boards or finish down low.

Plus, you could make the argument that his deficiencies on the defensive end, including rebounding, cost us nearly as many points as he scores.

You could.

But I don't think you can make an intellectually honest argument that he isn't one of the top 5 performers on this team.

So this was BS about Grant, I guess? Would have been the only positive coming out of this game.

You could.

But I don't think you can make an intellectually honest argument that he isn't one of the top 5 performers on this team.

Not sure about that...but you could easily make an argument that JS is the 3rd best Forward on the team. Easily.

Look at the Roland Ratings. Look at who was on the floor for the 4 biggest wins. Look at the lineup +/-

Yes, he scores alot in our blowout wins against Depaul thus he has a good scoring avg.

So this was BS about Grant, I guess? Would have been the only positive coming out of this game.
If he did it I can't see where...the camera didn't show it

If this actually happened, the timing is interesting since the whole Coach K thing happened and then Mike and Mike were talking about how eventually someone, player, coach, or fan, is going to get hurt.
Phil Mushnick's been writing a lot about the topic in NY Post.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/eye_storm_X0Uze6OPA2sT3kPzhW4pcI

I expect a new rule in place for next season.

And I will resist all temptation to say that the forearm was the most fight we showed all day.

Not sure about that...but you could easily make an argument that JS is the 3rd best Forward on the team. Easily.

Look at the Roland Ratings. Look at who was on the floor for the 4 biggest wins. Look at the lineup +/-

Yes, he scores alot in our blowout wins against Depaul thus he has a good scoring avg.

No argument there--he DOES do better against inferior opponents [and he isn't the only one on this squad]. Even so, I don't buy what you're selling.

Fair is arguably the best player on the team. MCW is either #2 or #1 [depending on your point of view]. Then who?

Rak? Grant? Triche? I have a difficult time putting any of those three ahead of Southerland, let alone all three to round out the top 5.

Certainly not Coleman, Keita, or Cooney.

In the interest of disclosure, my top 5 is probably:

Fair

MCW

Southerland

Triche

Rak

Or Grant in that #5 slot. Who the F knows at this point. Doesn't really matter. All that matters is we're playing our worst [5-7 in last 12] heading into the most important time of the year.

I wish this A) really happened and B) there was video. It would make up for having to watch this abomination of a basketball game.

No argument there--he DOES do better against inferior opponents [and he isn't the only one on this squad]. Even so, I don't buy what you're selling.

Fair is arguably the best player on the team. MCW is either #2 or #1 [depending on your point of view]. Then who?

Rak? Grant? Triche? I have a difficult time putting any of those three ahead of Southerland, let alone all three to round out the top 5.

Certainly not Coleman, Keita, or Cooney.

In the interest of disclosure, my top 5 is probably:

Fair

MCW

Southerland

Triche

Rak

Or Grant in that #5 slot. Who the F knows at this point. Doesn't really matter. All that matters is we're playing our worst [5-7 in last 12] heading into the most important time of the year.
Rak is better than Triche.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom