Grasso taking a leave of absence from Bryant | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Grasso taking a leave of absence from Bryant

If I'm reading correctly, this happened after he went on leave, so it is on top of other problems.

"The incident took place on Sunday, October 1 — two days after Grasso went on leave"
Yupp. Guy is unbelievable.

If I'm reading correctly, this happened after he went on leave, so it is on top of other problems.

"The incident took place on Sunday, October 1 — two days after Grasso went on leave"
He was arrested on October 1st but doesn’t say when incident took place

It specifically says the incident took place on October 1
Ok I stand corrected then, I read a article that said he was arrested on the 1st but no mention of incident

Ok I stand corrected then, I read a article that said he was arrested on the 1st but no mention of incident

Hmmm or the article writer of this one could have gotten his info wrong... either way the Grasso disaster saga is slowly unfolding it appears...

Okay, Grasso is 43 years old. Married and a father. If he is having an affair with say an 18 year old frosh, is that reason enough for termination? While I think more is involved here, and boy has the University kept mum about this, I think it is. Now, let's change the woman a bit, a 23 year old grad student? I think if that is it, and there are none of those other things I talked about, I think he survives. His job anyway. Maybe not his life. What do you guys think?
I think he's definitely NOT going to survive his life.

So if he's fired, and violations occurred, does he vacate wins and therefore JB gets 1 loss removed? Or even awarded a win?

Ngapa Reaction GIF
WTFC

Don't know if there is any truth to it but saw a post by someone who claims to be at Bryant that the issue has to do with "him being a huge fan of the Bryant female student body just saying..."

Last edited:
My guess is his lawyer could find numerous cases where other employees with similar clauses dated a student with no repercussions. Which is why I don’t think those clauses mean a whole lot in the end - and if that’s all the university is going on this will not end well for them.

And I’m honestly not sure why you think a coach hooking up with a student is such a travesty. I’ve spent my career working in large industrial facilities employee thousands of people - often in towns of roughly 40,000 people. And we always had “office romances” where someone in accounting was dating someone in engineering, where they had no workplace contact. It was really easy to meet at a gym, go out to dinner, and discover you happened to both work at the largest employer (by far) in town. Didn’t stop people from proceeding (nor should it have).

So you’d need to spell out exactly why a coach chatting up a girl at the gym, going to dinner and continuing his pursuit when he finds out she’s a student he’d never have any workplace contact with is such a huge issue. It can’t be “power dynamic” because as noted he has no specific power in that situation. If it’s just general power, you might want to think through the consequences of that - can a single Senator date a female resident if his state, because he has greater general power than a head coach?

Unless there’s more details to this case that you’re aware of, this feels like you have some weird personal hang-up that you want to see vigorously enforced on the world.

The fact that you don't see the difference between office romances between employees and faculty-student dynamics in an academic setting is pretty staggering.

The fact that you don't see the difference between office romances between employees and faculty-student dynamics in an academic setting is pretty staggering.
I get the faculty-student thing.. But at many places it goes beyond that. Say you start working at a campus after graduating at 23 and you to go a bar and meet someone who is 22 and then you find out one is a student.. That a no no on many campuses. Now its fine if its the college across the road but not your own.

But if you are a 30 yr faculty in engineering and meet up with a 22 yr old arts major thats not allowed.. Thats a stretch on why it matters.. You meet up with them 6 months later when they graduate its ok though.

We played a ton of co-ed volleyball/softball leagues out of college.. Am I supposed to ask everyone on the first meet up, raise your hand if you go to school where I work.

Remember that episode of the Office when Andy and Jim were visiting the high school who received paper with an obscene watermark and Andy saw the girl he was dating and only then realized she was a high school student?

That's all I've got on this.

I get the faculty-student thing.. But at many places it goes beyond that. Say you start working at a campus after graduating at 23 and you to go a bar and meet someone who is 22 and then you find out one is a student.. That a no no on many campuses. Now its fine if its the college across the road but not your own.

But if you are a 30 yr faculty in engineering and meet up with a 22 yr old arts major thats not allowed.. Thats a stretch on why it matters.. You meet up with them 6 months later when they graduate its ok though.

We played a ton of co-ed volleyball/softball leagues out of college.. Am I supposed to ask everyone on the first meet up, raise your hand if you go to school where I work.

No, but after you find out they are a student you should follow your employer's rules accordingly or, if you disagree with their rules, you can quit.

The problem isn't really the 23-year-old TA chasing undergrads. The problem is the 43-year-old, married dude with the most highly visible job on campus chasing undergrads. Hypothetically, imagine there's stuff floating around on social media of this dude hooking up with 18-21 year olds, and then imagine explaining to prospective parents and donors why you don't think there's any reason to fire him.

"I hope your daughter picks Bryant, Sir. Coach LOVES redheads."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom