grayson allen returning to duke | Syracusefan.com

grayson allen returning to duke

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
unbelievable. he'd have just finished his 2nd year in the nba if he went to cuse

@JonRothstein
Grayson Allen will return to Duke next season, per release.

Of course he is, if he played here he would have left after one year.

Of course he is, if he played here he would have left after one year.

Even you're smarter than that. He averaged 4 points as a freshman

He should have left last year, but he didn't for whatever reason and blew it.

Probably will tank again next year as well if he trips people and performs like he did this year.

Probably will tank again next year as well if he trips people and performs like he did this year.

I was half kidding.

Hey, if you can't cut it in the NBA, might as well pad the college stats. He could crack the top 10 of Duke scorers fairly easily

Even at 4 ppg, he was actually being talked about as a late first round pick after his play in helping Duke win the tournament during his freshman season.

Coach K is doing fist pumps...

"Yessssss!"

bitches-be-trippin_o_1206280.jpg

I'm okay with that. I like booing his ass, so to speak. :)

He still has some trips left in that foot.
Or..maybe he will attend anger management classes over the summer

Even at 4 ppg, he was actually being talked about as a late first round pick after his play in helping Duke win the tournament during his freshman season.

Last year he was. Don't remember any talk in 2016.

I wish fans would just shut up about the draft. It gets old. The projections are there all year to follow and people are surprised when certain people leave and certain people come back.

If we had Allen our fans would complain that he stinks. Dude barely shot better than Cooney last year and he was supposedly the worst starting guard in Syracuse history.

Pretty clear cut example that "come back and become a top 10 pick" doesn't always play out that way.

I don't believe that has anything remotely to do with why his draft stock has gone south.

Allen would have securely been a first round pick if he decided to come out, before he started tripping people and having tearful meltdowns. It has nothing to do with talent, athletic ability, or potential.

Combination of things destroyed his chances:
1. Tripping
2. Emotional/Mental stability
3. Injury

He's the classic case of missing your chance to trick the NBA into paying you. Seems doubtful that he'll ever get to tghe draft status he likely had after last year.

I don't believe that has anything remotely to do with why his draft stock has gone south.

Allen would have securely been a first round pick if he decided to come out, before he started tripping people and having tearful meltdowns. It has nothing to do with talent, athletic ability, or potential.

The kid is built like a brick sh!thouse. Physically he's fine. Mentally he's a moron.

Returning does and doesn't have to do with his stock dropping.

He could have ridden a wave. Surprise freshman contributor, and his play made the leap the NBA wanted to see from him his sophomore year. Sure, there were some warning signs, but the positives were there and they were real. He could have struck when the iron was hot.

But, he came back, didn't really show improvement as a player (red flag), showed himself to be a headcase (red flag) and was overshadowed by other talents on his team (not a red flag, but not something you want to see from a guy expected to take another leap).

He has none of those question marks to that extent if he leaves as a sophomore. And got a year older. What he did in that year wasn't good in the NBA's eyes and he's a little older now. He doesn't merit the same kind of stock evaluation now.

So, I do think coming back does and doesn't have to do with his stock dropping. He gave the NBA time to doubt him, and he behaved in ways that caused the NBA to doubt him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom