grayson allen returning to duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

grayson allen returning to duke

Part of me is surprised K wants him back. Clearly he's talented but I still feel that Duke underachieved last year given what they had. Injuries played a role of course, but I attribute their failure to dominate as they should have to Allen's drama and poor leadership.

He is too slow for the NBA and wont be able to out physical players. Role player at best

Yes, Grayson Allen is an easily dislikable player.

All the same, I'm glad to see basketball players staying in college. I hope we see more of it. The game has really suffered through this one-and-done era.

Combination of things destroyed his chances:
1. Tripping
2. Emotional/Mental stability
3. Injury

He's the classic case of missing your chance to trick the NBA into paying you. Seems doubtful that he'll ever get to tghe draft status he likely had after last year.

Mental maturity and stability in high level amateur and professional sports is an interesting topic, especially given this morning's Aaron Hernandez suicide shocker. This is tangential to basketball and Grayson Allen, but I read that the Pats signed Hernandez in the fourth round of the draft when interest in him unexpectedly dried up due to behavioral and emotional issues. Urban Meyer had let it be known that whoever drafted Hernandez should be prepared to keep a tight leash and close eye on him- thin that was entirely appropriate, even commendable. One of the draft reports on Hernandez noted he was highly intelligent and had a natural tendency to apply that intelligence to trying to "game" any system he found himself within. Belichick spoke with Meyer before deciding to draft and sign Hernandez and was well aware of the situation. That said, Allen is no Hernandez, but in light of what was said here about Allen and his mental and emotional state of mind effecting his draft potential, thought this real life dramatic current events example was interesting & pertinent.

Yes, Grayson Allen is an easily dislikable player.

All the same, I'm glad to see basketball players staying in college. I hope we see more of it. The game has really suffered through this one-and-done era.

I'd take him as a transfer. Maybe his intensity would rub off

He would have flamed out in the NBA like Laettner- doosh 1.0; Greyson- doosh 2.0

I'd take him as a transfer. Maybe his intensity would rub off
On the football team perhaps.

He picked the wrong sport if he likes to make the opposition hit the ground.

And I'm not suggesting he should play football for us. Greg Paulus merely flopped a lot on the basketball court. He didn't try to take the other PG down with him with a well placed foot!

Pretty clear cut example that "come back and become a top 10 pick" doesn't always play out that way.
Yeah, he could have made a couple hundred grand playing in the D-League the last couple years and next. Woo Hoo! I guess at least then no one would be talking about him or care if he trips people during games. But he wouldn't be starving! And I'm sure the ladies are just as fine and plentiful in the suburbs of Peoria or Grand Rapids as they are in on campus in Durham.

Yeah, he could have made a couple hundred grand playing in the D-League the last couple years and next. Woo Hoo! I guess at least then no one would be talking about him or care if he trips people during games. But he wouldn't be starving! And I'm sure the ladies are just as fine and plentiful in the suburbs of Peoria or Grand Rapids as they are in on campus in Durham.

Well he would have been a millionaire as he was a projected first rounder last year.

We're talking about different things.

i'm glad he's back. more entertaining. gives us the conference #1 darth vader to boo and hiss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom