Grayson Allen | Syracusefan.com

Grayson Allen

My brother said he scored 47 points last night. May have been an exaggeration.

No doubt, he would have turned pro after his freshman year at SU.
Most likely.

He also should have turned pro after his sophomore year at Duke. His stock has not improved in the last two years. He's been a very good player, and has his good shooting nights(like last night), but really very similar player to what he was as a sophomore. Now he's got his age and tripgate(haha) going against him in next years draft!

Most likely.

He also should have turned pro after his sophomore year at Duke. His stock has not improved in the last two years. He's been a very good player, and has his good shooting nights(like last night), but really very similar player to what he was as a sophomore. Now he's got his age and tripgate(haha) going against him in next years draft!
The tripping seems to be a compulsion for him, so let’s see if he’s mastered it. If he has, perhaps this extra year will have been worth it for him. Do the pros want to take someone who plays dirty and is out of control? (That may be a naive question.)

For 35 years, I have liked many Duke players (as many of you know, we came from Duke). But I do not like Grayson AT ALL.

I'm sure he'll be suspended "indefinitely" again.
I have a co-worker who is a huge Duke fan(especially Grayson, think only Duke fans actually like him), and we were talking about the UCLA players in China and she said jokingly, "I'm sure they'll only get like a one game suspension!" My reply was "it will have to be more than that...a one game suspension is used for tripping people on multiple occasions!" Needless to say, she didn't find it funny!

He has hurt himself with the tripping obsession. When he just plays he's a great player. It will be interesting whether he can have the discipline to change and let his talent alone be the story rather than his behavior because everyone will be watching.

No comment on the thug move by that guy (Carter?) elbowing the MSU player in the face on the way back up court.

Why he wasn't charged with a Flagrant #2 and thrown out is a mystery to me. How much more flagrant could it possibly be.

I'm not one to believe that any team gets a pass on stuff like that. But that call has me re-thinking my position.

No comment on the thug move by that guy (Carter?) elbowing the MSU player in the face on the way back up court.

Why he wasn't charged with a Flagrant #2 and thrown out is a mystery to me. How much more flagrant could it possibly be.

I'm not one to believe that any team gets a pass on stuff like that. But that call has me re-thinking my position.

Not to even be called at the least a flagrant 1 really highlights the favoritism shown Duke that people complain about. I find it funny that some people excuse it by saying that Carter and the MSU guy's feet may have gotten tangled and Carter may have thought he was being tripped so he just threw the elbow. So it's okay to throw an elbow if a player thinks an opponent fouled him?

He lost a lot of NBA money, but I doubt that's his future anyway.

Just to reitterate, cant express enough how much i look forward to watch Duke blow it against us at home.

Doesn't matter much anyway since Mommy and Daddy give him all the candy and toys he wants.

His future is the basement. With the best video games parents can provide.

upload_2017-11-15_22-47-44.png

The one thing I will say about Grayson Allen is that there are people I don't like and there are people who I enjoy not liking. Grayson is the second one.

I heard that Carter was hanging out with Gerald Henderson all summer and thought nothing of it. This was bound to happen.

The one thing I will say about Grayson Allen is that there are people I don't like and there are people who I enjoy not liking. Grayson is the second one.
It does make basketball more fun to have someone to unilaterally dislike. Kind of in the Wo-blow floor slapping way.

The tripping seems to be a compulsion for him, so let’s see if he’s mastered it. If he has, perhaps this extra year will have been worth it for him. Do the pros want to take someone who plays dirty and is out of control? (That may be a naive question.)

For 35 years, I have liked many Duke players (as many of you know, we came from Duke). But I do not like Grayson AT ALL.
I respect your opinion. Could you name a few guys for me that you have liked. After Bilas I can't think of anyone.

I respect your opinion. Could you name a few guys for me that you have liked. After Bilas I can't think of anyone.

Personally I liked Grant Hill, Elton Brand, and Jabari Parker.

Christian Laettner (yes! Sorry), Bobby Hurley, Grant Hill, Carlos Boozer, Brian Davis, J.J. (Sorry), Dawkins, Ferry . . . . Geez, I liked a lot. I can’t remember Bilas.

I don’t particularly like Coach K, although I mostly respect him. In the last couple years, he has gone a step too far (“Amazing,” chiding that one player in the tournament and then lying about it).

I lived in Durham and my hubby was at Duke for 12 years and we followed them and rooted for them after we moved up here in 84. I started following the Orange in Spring 87. It took me a while to get completely hooked but now I am ALL IN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom