Great game, great fans, rough weather (long) | Syracusefan.com

Great game, great fans, rough weather (long)

Rocco

Watching you.
The wife and I had an absolute blast down in NYC. Met up with many other Cuse fans and partied all weekend. I'm just beginning to shake off my wet brain. It was that good.

Great recap by sutomcat, so I will just add a few things:

That game was a true joy to watch. First off, I truly dislike WVU fans as many, if not all, of them are derelicts. They are obnoxious and somehow think that Syracuse is an inferior school. Most of them looked like they were from Sempronius. Glad to see SU wipe the floor with them. They were loud beforehand in the bars, but once the game began, they shut right up. Couldn't quite understand what they were saying as many of them have no teeth, and it was just moonshined mumble. Many of them left in the 3rd qtr. Sellouts.

images

As for the SU fans that made it to the game, BRAVO! Battling the brutal conditions, SU fans were vocal and there were thousands of high fives being tossed around. Tomcat said it was 5:1 SU:WVU fans, but I think it was a little closer. I'm going with 2:1 SU:WVU. WVU fans were mainly behind their bench and to the right of the Jumbotron, and SU fans were behind SU's bench and to the left (sec. 235-238) of the Jumbotron. I was in 236, and there were about 10 WVU fans sitting behind us who were heckled the entire game. Kept calling Nassib "the next Ryan Fitzpatrick" and that Geno was the "guaranteed #1 pick". LOL. Some overserved SU fans sitting a few rows back started the good old "Innnnnn-cest, innnnnn-cest, innnnnnn-cest" chants, and then followed that one up with "She's got a dick, she's got a dick" aimed at the WVU fans. A little brutal, but it shut the obnoxious WVU fans right up. I have a video that I will try to post when Gulley broke off the 67-yd TD run. Shows how wild the crowd was in sections 235-238. Awesome.

uspw_6886504_crop_exact.jpg

Beers were cheap, just kidding. Didn't stop us though, we were there ready to rock. The more cups we stacked up (college happy hour-style), the less our bones shook. ;)

pinstripe30s-3-web.jpg

So impressed with the OL. Domination. Going to really miss Pugh. Kid is special.

With that win, Marrone is an even .500 in 4 years (25-25, 2-0 Bowls).

If you're Ebo, why wouldn't you want to come play in that blitz-friendly, harrassing Syracuse D?

It is rather clear how much better of a coach Marrone is than Phil Collins, I mean Dana Holgorsen. Holgorsen is also just an ass. He looks like he just got off a 3 week bender every time I see him. Marrone made adjustments, Holgorsen wasn't willing/able to. Our players also wanted it more than them. Kudos to the staff and the players for being so incredibly prepared.

deba5980da9321dd4fb99dcd93073afa.jpg

We need to continue that rivalry every year. The fans truly dislike each other, and there is too much of a storied history to not continue it. Maybe it could be rekindled in a few years, but I have a feeling that Oliver "DBag" Luck will be against it. He doesn't want to be embarrassed anymore. The Schwartzwalder Trophy is safely in Syracuse, NY until further notice. :)

All in all, as others have already said, the 2012 season has been a very emotional one, but it showed what Syracuse Football can be. Huge improvements throughout the program, now we just need the fans to come to the party. We played a difficult schedule, and we were always competitive and stayed in games. A few games could have gone the other way, but we still finished off 8-5 and beat the piss out of a long-time rival WFVU. There is good momentum going in the program right now. We are going to miss many players, especially Ryan, Alec, ShamWow and Pugh, but there is alot to be excited about. I have never looked this forward to spring ball in all of my years.

Happy New Year's my fellow Cuse nuts. Onward and upward in 2013!

12292012.PinstripeBowl.AR1960.jpg

After watching the replay, if Holgy Bear spent half as much time coaching his team as he did whining to the refs they might have made some adjustments. I would also like to take credit for the "where's your Heisman?!" chant that began in 225. What an amazing day

I actually had a WV fan yell to me that orange is "an ugly color" and we looked like we were all "about to go hunting or something." Meanwhile, literally half of the WV fans at the game were ACTUALLY wearing hunting gear. So funny.

I actually had a WV fan yell to me that orange is "an ugly color" and we looked like we were all "about to go hunting or something." Meanwhile, literally half of the WV fans at the game were ACTUALLY wearing hunting gear. So funny.
On the subway, some WVU fan tried to convince bnoro and I that at least the Big XII still had the Heisman winner since Geno didn't win it. He proceeded to argue with us for 10 minutes that A&M was still a Big XII team. They're a bright group all around.

On the subway, some WVU fan tried to convince bnoro and I that at least the Big XII still had the Heisman winner since Geno didn't win it. He proceeded to argue with us for 10 minutes that A&M was still a Big XII team. They're a bright group all around.

So if Texas A&M is a Big XII team, then WVU is still a Big East team by their logic, right? couchburn

WVU and Rutgers are two sides of the same coin, they can only play one way. If WVU's offense combined with Rutgers D, they would be playing for the NC, but that's not the way it works and they aren't complete teams.

The wife and I had an absolute blast down in NYC. Met up with many other Cuse fans and partied all weekend. I'm just beginning to shake off my wet brain. It was that good.

Great recap by sutomcat, so I will just add a few things:

That game was a true joy to watch. First off, I truly dislike WVU fans as many, if not all, of them are derelicts. They are obnoxious and somehow think that Syracuse is an inferior school. Most of them looked like they were from Sempronius. Glad to see SU wipe the floor with them. They were loud beforehand in the bars, but once the game began, they shut right up. Couldn't quite understand what they were saying as many of them have no teeth, and it was just moonshined mumble. Many of them left in the 3rd qtr. Sellouts.

images

As for the SU fans that made it to the game, BRAVO! Battling the brutal conditions, SU fans were vocal and there were thousands of high fives being tossed around. Tomcat said it was 5:1 SU:WVU fans, but I think it was a little closer. I'm going with 2:1 SU:WVU. WVU fans were mainly behind their bench and to the right of the Jumbotron, and SU fans were behind SU's bench and to the left (sec. 235-238) of the Jumbotron. I was in 236, and there were about 10 WVU fans sitting behind us who were heckled the entire game. Kept calling Nassib "the next Ryan Fitzpatrick" and that Geno was the "guaranteed #1 pick". LOL. Some overserved SU fans sitting a few rows back started the good old "Innnnnn-cest, innnnnn-cest, innnnnnn-cest" chants, and then followed that one up with "She's got a dick, she's got a dick" aimed at the WVU fans. A little brutal, but it shut the obnoxious WVU fans right up. I have a video that I will try to post when Gulley broke off the 67-yd TD run. Shows how wild the crowd was in sections 235-238. Awesome.

uspw_6886504_crop_exact.jpg

Beers were cheap, just kidding. Didn't stop us though, we were there ready to rock. The more cups we stacked up (college happy hour-style), the less our bones shook. ;)

pinstripe30s-3-web.jpg

So impressed with the OL. Domination. Going to really miss Pugh. Kid is special.

With that win, Marrone is an even .500 in 4 years (25-25, 2-0 Bowls).

If you're Ebo, why wouldn't you want to come play in that blitz-friendly, harrassing Syracuse D?

It is rather clear how much better of a coach Marrone is than Phil Collins, I mean Dana Holgorsen. Holgorsen is also just an ass. He looks like he just got off a 3 week bender every time I see him. Marrone made adjustments, Holgorsen wasn't willing/able to. Our players also wanted it more than them. Kudos to the staff and the players for being so incredibly prepared.

deba5980da9321dd4fb99dcd93073afa.jpg

We need to continue that rivalry every year. The fans truly dislike each other, and there is too much of a storied history to not continue it. Maybe it could be rekindled in a few years, but I have a feeling that Oliver "DBag" Luck will be against it. He doesn't want to be embarrassed anymore. The Schwartzwalder Trophy is safely in Syracuse, NY until further notice. :)

All in all, as others have already said, the 2012 season has been a very emotional one, but it showed what Syracuse Football can be. Huge improvements throughout the program, now we just need the fans to come to the party. We played a difficult schedule, and we were always competitive and stayed in games. A few games could have gone the other way, but we still finished off 8-5 and beat the piss out of a long-time rival WFVU. There is good momentum going in the program right now. We are going to miss many players, especially Ryan, Alec, ShamWow and Pugh, but there is alot to be excited about. I have never looked this forward to spring ball in all of my years.

Happy New Year's my fellow Cuse nuts. Onward and upward in 2013!

12292012.PinstripeBowl.AR1960.jpg

Nice post. Thanks!

WVU and Rutgers are two sides of the same coin, they can only play one way. If WVU's offense combined with Rutgers D, they would be playing for the NC, but that's not the way it works and they aren't complete teams.

Imagine if WV had those two tall rutty receivers to go with Austin and Bennett? I'm sure those two would have loved a qb that threw to them instead of the other team.

Anybody know how to post a video off your phone?

Do you know how to post a video...to facebook?

I can't wait to see what you have on your phone...try emailing it to yourself and sometimes your charger can do it if you have a usb thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom