Great Gottlieb article | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Great Gottlieb article

Why did you put quotation marks around his victims? That they were victims of his stealing wasn't in dispute. And the amount they were compensated may or may not have been fair.

So, the courts don't decide what's fair?

He stole, he admits it.

Nevermind. I should have known better. Stubborn has a picture of you next to it in the dictionary.

Doug is very knowledgeable about college basketball. However, he lets his personal feelings interfere with his takes. And that is not the sign of a guy good at his job. His take that we shouldn't have made the tournament because we lost to St John's was dumb. And he isn't dumb.
I think you might be misinformed of his job description. His job is to get people to watch or listen. That's it. He knows his stuff and he knows how to push people's buttons so they call in or write him to complain. He's doing exactly what the network wants him to do IMO. Personally I miss the days when he was riling us up. It was fun. Sometimes it helps to remember it's an entertainment-driven industry.

So, the courts don't decide what's fair?

He stole, he admits it.

Nevermind. I should have known better. Stubborn has a picture of you next to it in the dictionary.
lol yeah. stubborn. I will leave it to you to be open minded. And once again, I didn't respond to you. You interjected yourself in to this conversation. And because I don't agree with you, I'm stubborn. I feel pretty good about being stubborn on the last two subjects over the last couple of days.

Please share one shred of evidence.
??? Are you saying that he freely admits that he is not telling the truth about any subject he talks about on college basketball?

He didn't need to write this article. Young kids make stupid mistakes. We all have. He needs to write an article explaining why a grown man behaves like such a troll.

I wish I knew how to upload the emoticon of the guy eating popcorn.

Oh well. Back to grabbing wallets...

I look a lot younger than that. But probably don't move any faster. Last fight I won was in the 5th grade.
That was during the Wilson administration right dash.

let's review, I wrote my opinion. elimuneelson wrote that I must be insecure. HOF Celuck said that I was condemning a man for life. I didn't mention Celuck in my post. And realorange than chipped in with he feels sorry for the people in my life who don't meet my narrow expectations. I guess expecting people to not steal is unreasonable on my part. once again, I didn't write to realorange first. hey, they can feel free to take a shot at me. I don't care. But they will be responded to.

Well, it is pretty bizarre that anyone who makes a poor choice in their life is then rendered completely irredeemable and a scumbag for life by you. I assume you take the same stance on MCW?

??? Are you saying that he freely admits that he is not telling the truth about any subject he talks about on college basketball?

No, I'm saying he never claimed he was fair and unbiased.

Last edited:
Well, it is pretty bizarre that anyone who makes a poor choice in their life is then rendered completely irredeemable and a scumbag for life by you. I assume you take the same stance on MCW?
I never said he was irredeemable. Find any post I have ever made that says that. I said being a thief is low. I think some here that have things in their own past feel as though I am judging them. I believe in redemption. I hope he has found it. But I find with doug that he is a mean spirited person. And that is what I find so disgusting about him.

I think you might be misinformed of his job description. His job is to get people to watch or listen. That's it. He knows his stuff and he knows how to push people's buttons so they call in or write him to complain. He's doing exactly what the network wants him to do IMO. Personally I miss the days when he was riling us up. It was fun. Sometimes it helps to remember it's an entertainment-driven industry.

Only one way to fix that...become relevant again. Get back to being a Top 10-15 team and Dougie won't let us down. ;):)

You guys fail to mention that "credit cards" are street slang for kidneys.

At least it must be, based on the visceral reaction towards a college student stealing.
It's funny, take the college student out of it and have it be just some kid the same age, and see what happens to that kid. I would agree that the rage wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't such a dick

I wish I knew how to upload the emoticon of the guy eating popcorn.

Oh well. Back to grabbing wallets...

giphy.gif

It's funny, take the college student out of it and have it be just some kid the same age, and see what happens to that kid. I would agree that the rage wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't such a dick

Again, read the article. It likely would have turned out exactly the way it did for Doug. Instead of getting the college hoops player treatment, he actually went through the justice system. They tried to just get him out of dodge, but the kids he stole from were rightly upset about that, and blew the whistle. So he had to come back and face the judge. The difference is likely that he (his dad) could afford to pay off the court fees and retribution.

Again, read the article. It likely would have turned out exactly the way it did for Doug. Instead of getting the college hoops player treatment, he actually went through the justice system. They tried to just get him out of dodge, but the kids he stole from were rightly upset about that, and blew the whistle. So he had to come back and face the judge. The difference is likely that he (his dad) could afford to pay off the court fees and retribution.
My comment was more about our justice system than Doug in this case.

I can't stand MCW. But it is because of a different matter.

I respect you as a poster, but the last 48 hours seems to have a ton of unbridled negativity from you. Not the ‘Gottlieb sucks’ type, but the ‘Gottlieb should burn in hell with child molesters and rapists’ type. Not sure why, but you have escalated things pretty quickly in all the threads with people who disagree with you, and with the sides split down the middle on opinions it makes it hard to read, much less participate. But here goes...:)
  1. Gottlieb stole from fellow students and was punished. Has he done it again? Not that I’m aware of. In my opinion it shouldn’t be the first line of defense when he rags on SU.
  2. And he does rag on SU. Maybe because he still resents JB, but mostly because it’s good theatre and good for his career. If I was a sports commentator I know I would sneak in Gtown or Uconn cuts.
  3. If you listen to him covering non SU topics he’s actually pretty good. One mans opinion.
  4. My only gripe - I feel he wrote the article to rebrand himself and help his career. Self serving but lots of public figures do it to help their careers when they’re in a slump.
Hope this is a short term thing for you, and that all is well.

I respect you as a poster, but the last 48 hours seems to have a ton of unbridled negativity from you. Not the ‘Gottlieb sucks’ type, but the ‘Gottlieb should burn in hell with child molesters and rapists’ type. Not sure why, but you have escalated things pretty quickly in all the threads with people who disagree with you, and with the sides split down the middle on opinions it makes it hard to read, much less participate. But here goes...:)
  1. Gottlieb stole from fellow students and was punished. Has he done it again? Not that I’m aware of. In my opinion it shouldn’t the first line of defense when he rags on SU.
  2. And he does rag on SU. Maybe because he still resents JB, but mostly because it’s good theatre and good for his career. If I was a sports commentator I know I would sneak in Gtown or Uconn cuts.
  3. If you listen to him covering non SU topics he’s actually pretty good. One mans opinion.
  4. My only gripe - I feel he wrote the article to rebrand himself and help his career. Self serving but lots of public figures do it to help their careers when they’re in a slump.
Hope this is a short term thing for you, and that all is well.
things are great for me. I have had posters not just disagree with me, which I love, but attack me. I don't put up with that. And I never will. As I pointed out in another thread, a poster was critical of me for being too pro jb just the other day. And yesterday people were mad at me because I was critical of JB at his press conference. I thought jb's press conference was disgraceful. Keep things in house. I have never said anything like Doug should burn in hell or anything like that. I just don't respect him.

things are great for me. I have had posters not just disagree with me, which I love, but attack me. I don't put up with that. And I never will. As I pointed out in another thread, a poster was critical of me for being too pro jb just the other day. And yesterday people were mad at me because I was critical of JB at his press conference. I thought jb's press conference was disgraceful. Keep things in house. I have never said anything like Doug should burn in hell or anything like that. I just don't respect him.

And I thought his press conference, taken in context of being immediately after a hard fought game and the large amount of negative questions by the local media, was fine. No reason to take the gloves off like on the OT Forum. ;)

What makes you believe 3 is close to being true? Why does he need to provide fair unbiased analysis? During games, probably. During his radio show, no that's not true at all. He's paid to have opinions, not be an analyst.

I don't listen to his radio show. Why would anybody?

I'm speaking of the times he comes on tv around/during NCAAT time. In those instances, he is being presented as a basketball analyst and it's the expectation that he would attempt to provide unbiased evaluations. You know, like a professional. He repeatedly does not do that, then he acts like a jacka$$ when called out on it, then he cries when people insult him for acting that way. Vicious cycle.

And I thought his press conference, taken in context of being immediately after a hard fought game and the large amount of negative questions by the local media, was fine. No reason to take the gloves off like on the OT Forum. ;)
Negative questions by the media? I didn't get that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom