great ride home | Syracusefan.com

great ride home

upperdeck

Living Legend
only took 3 hrs.. an hour to get from the dome to manley, 45 min from manley to the stop light. then suddenly they routes us on a detour to some side streets since it seemed 81 was closed and its a good thing we had cell phones to figure out where we were going to find 81 again.. crawled down 81 with a million tractor trailers..

You are the Fan of Fans! (As so many of our fans are.) My daughter and I walked 1.3 miles on sidewalks that weren't shoveled, requiring us to put out our arms on either side as if we were walking a tightrope. Then a slick ride back to my house where suddenly the snow began falling like a waterfall, and then my daughter had to get home to Liverpool via 81, going 35 mph the whole way.

IT WAS WORTH IT!

Took us 2.5 hours to get from the Dome back to Sherrill last night. was the worst ride home from the Dome ever. Like upperdeck said was an hour from the Dome to Manley, and 90 minutes on the great NYS thruway...

It was as good as a ride at an amusement park. I stopped in Club 44 for a drink after the game, had to run down the hill to the garage because they close an hour after the game ends. I must have looked liked a Yeti trying to navigate my way down the snow covered stairs.

My father picked me up from work in East Syracuse, so he had to drive me back there after the game. That trip wasn't too bad, but the drive down the Thruway to Liverpool was brutal. At one point, traffic going east was almost completely stopped behind a bus and a tractor trailer; the line of vehicles seemed a quarter mile long.

I can't imagine how crappy the drive was for those living outside of the city.

A huge thank you to all the Orange fans that made their way to and from the Dome last night, in fact to all games. Living down here in the heart of NC makes it difficult to make more than a game or two at the Dome every couple of years. Syracuse fans are the greatest and supporting this year's self-imposed ban team is absolutely critical. They are giving their best and so should the fans.

only took 3 hrs.. an hour to get from the dome to manley, 45 min from manley to the stop light. then suddenly they routes us on a detour to some side streets since it seemed 81 was closed and its a good thing we had cell phones to figure out where we were going to find 81 again.. crawled down 81 with a million tractor trailers..

#hardnosed

I was at Universal Studios a week ago and flashed on this thought - some people are scared to get on certain rides yet will get behind the wheel of a car in horrendous weather conditions, driving along with other folks in their 2,500 pound potential death machines.

On route 57 driving home from SU-Louisville game. Exciting game, a great ending with an equally exciting drive and thankfully a slow great ending getting home too. Love my Subaru.

upload_2015-2-19_12-35-26.png

I must have got out of the Dome just in time to beat the real nasty stuff. Was a little slick on 690 but I was able to do 60 or so on the Thruway back to Exit 33. Was home in North Rome by 10:15.

*ducks*

I must have got out of the Dome just in time to beat the real nasty stuff. Was a little slick on 690 but I was able to do 60 or so on the Thruway back to Exit 33. Was home in North Rome by 10:15.

*ducks*

Yeah you were driving away from the snow fortunately

I did the whole Manley shuttle thing and I was back home by 10 PM, but the way it was coming down, I feel bad for anyone who was still on the road at 10:15.

Some of you must park in the worst places. I was at my car by 9:20 at the bottom of University and home on Tipp Hill by 9:35.

*ducks*

You really did just beat the bad stuff. I was in the swath of folks waiting for a shuttle that then was stuck in traffic. Didn't get to Manley until 10. Couldn't see a thing on 481 all the way to exit 34A of the Thruway and then stopped at each exit all the way back to 31 in Utica to clean off the ice caked onto the wipers. Those were some of the worst driving conditions I've ever faced. Game ended at 9... home at 12:15 in Utica. Not a fun drive.

But we won. So... worth it!

81 south was strewn with sideways tractor trailers that couldn't make it up the hills, especially near LaFayette and Tully. It was nasty and near white out but fairly clear after that. Nerve-wracking as I had the entire family, but less nerve-wracking than when the kids bring friends- being responsible for someone else's kids always makes conditions like that seem more harrowing.

More nerve wracking was the thought of the after-party I missed that Marsh01 and his, um, "special friends" invited me to. I can't imagine the difficult "driving" conditions and thrilling "rides" they were planning when I fled their conversation.

Not that there's anything wrong with it...

STO gets 1st prize. He drove himself,his daughter and son up from Binghamton. After game,as we walked back down to car, moron DCuse realized his car keys were lost. STO drives moron home to North Syracuse with bad wiper blades and turns around and drives home to Binghamton refusing invite to stay night because daughter had Dr. Appointment in morning she couldn't miss.