Greatest championship game sports year ever? | Syracusefan.com

Greatest championship game sports year ever?

Eric15

Living Legend
In the past 12 months...

-Last night's Super Bowl
-Nova wins at buzzer
-Clemson wins in last few seconds
-Cubs come back from 3-1 to win an extra innings thriller
-Cavs come back from 3-1 to win a Game 7 that was tied in the final minute

In the past 12 months...

-Last night's Super Bowl
-Nova wins at buzzer
-Clemson wins in last few seconds
-Cubs come back from 3-1 to win an extra innings thriller
-Cavs come back from 3-1 to win a Game 7 that was tied in the final minute

Hadn't thought of it but that's a really good point. I'm still partial to 2003 even though I'd have to look up what happened in the NFL, NBA and MLB that year.

I had the same thought this morning and was going to post the exact same sentiment tonight. 100% agree, one of the greatest 12 months in sports history.

Superbowl marred badly by preposterous NFL OT rules. Could've been the greatest sporting event in American history. As is, it was good but incomplete.
Normally I wouldn't agree with something like this but post season should be different.

Normally I wouldn't agree with something like this but post season should be different.
Post season should be different, agreed. That's why baseball's extra innings make so much more sense. Give both teams an equal chance. Common sense says Falcons should've had the chance to equalize (or better, with a 2-pt conversion.)

Superbowl marred badly by preposterous NFL OT rules.

What don't you like about the current NFL OT? I feel like it's a good compromise between college (which just takes forever) and the old NFL rules (which made it way too easy for the team that won the toss to win the game).

What don't you like about the current NFL OT? I feel like it's a good compromise between college (which just takes forever) and the old NFL rules (which made it way too easy for the team that won the toss to win the game).

Big thread about this on OT board. I'm surprised anyone thinks it is a good system. As I said there: OT is like a new game starting 0-0 and in this case the rules made it so the league MVP had the exact same participation and influence on the outcome as I did. I find that mind blowingly insane.

Two of those outcomes made me quite unhappy, but yeah, good point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom