Greatest Crow Chef SU Player of all time | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Greatest Crow Chef SU Player of all time

I will argue to the end of my days that Rak’s leash was far too short his sophomore and junior years. He did not play poorly or bust. I’d argue he was hardly given and opportunity to succeed due to depth of talent around him that made platooning him out for BMK so much easier.

I've actually always thought that also. When he got minutes, he showed flashes of what he could do

Arinze went from unknown recruit to part-time starter with many wondering if he was a good fit at SU* to his injury cost us a national title. He's had a cup of tea in the NBA and continues on the outskirts of the league. I don't think anyone would have predicted that following his graduation.

* His lack of length in the middle of the zone was an issue.

I've actually always thought that also. When he got minutes, he showed flashes of what he could do

The harshest reactions ive received on this forum was when I said I thought rak should get 2 mins for every 1 minute BMK got. Of course people here took it as an attack against BMK. I just thought Rak was criminally underused and we did not have point guards who looked to open the post outside of looking for Grant.

The harshest reactions ive received on this forum was when I said I thought rak should get 2 mins for every 1 minute BMK got. Of course people here took it as an attack against BMK. I just thought Rak was criminally underused and we did not have point guards who looked to open the post outside of looking for Grant.

I can’t believe you would have thought Rak should have been 2-1. That has to be one of the dumbest things I ever heard. Obviously you didn’t like BMK and were nothing more than a hater.

I can’t believe you would have thought Rak should have been 2-1. That has to be one of the dumbest things I ever heard. Obviously you didn’t like BMK and were nothing more than a hater.
The echoes still haunt me ^

I interpret "eating crow" as people basically saying "this guy will never be good." Andy played very limited minutes his freshman year, but was contributing a lot by his sophomore year. Was there frustration with Andy early on? Maybe there was, but I just don't remember it at all.

I interpret "eating crow" as people basically saying "this guy will never be good." Andy played very limited minutes his freshman year, but was contributing a lot by his sophomore year. Was there frustration with Andy early on? Maybe there was, but I just don't remember it at all.

Yeah - I never expected much from him, as a "legacy recruit" who wasn't highly touted, at all.
So there was only very pleasant surprise when he ended up doing so well over his career.

The only player I recall being terribly frustrated with who made me eat crow was Lazarus Simms. He dribbled too high early in his career. Once he got his ball handling under control he was a good field general. This is the only player I've seen who has completely changed the way I think about him.

I will give Cooney an amazing steal at the end of the UVA game as a pleasant game sealing surprise. Also as a "sometimes crow" feeder -- Paul Harris. Wanted to throw out some troll meat as well.

Ugh. I’ve posted about this before, but I’ll take my lumps again(I deserve it).

I wrote a freak out post about how Rautins was playing too much and how Mookie Jones should be getting his minutes. I downplayed Rautins as some lightly recruited local kid that wasn’t really Syracuse level, and touted Mookie’s Downstate high school exploits and big time recruit status.

In my defense Rautins wasn’t playing that well at the time, but man. I jumped the gun on that one and was happy to eat crow. Rautins became one of my all time favorite players.

Ugh. I’ve posted about this before, but I’ll take my lumps again(I deserve it).

I wrote a freak out post about how Rautins was playing too much and how Mookie Jones should be getting his minutes. I downplayed Rautins as some lightly recruited local kid that wasn’t really Syracuse level, and touted Mookie’s Downstate high school exploits and big time recruit status.

In my defense Rautins wasn’t playing that well at the time, but man. I jumped the gun on that one and was happy to eat crow. Rautins became one of my all time favorite players.

Also, I believe one of my knocks on Rautins at the time was saying that all he could do is shoot. And I just assumed Mookie would bring more to the table overall.

As it worked out, Rautins developed into a very good defender, ball handler, and passer and Mookie never showed that he could do anything besides shoot. Lol.

Fab Melo [RIP]

Even his very premature(Boeheim word!) death didnt stop the hatred on here. I wont give any detail, but many of you will remember the shock of it all. Sad that you didnt get 1 like(before me).

The last Cuse player to throw down a 360 dunk. Some of you dont care, but I do. Bleeping awesome!!

Sherm, the General, was a low expectation consolation pick who played sparingly as a frosh backup to the Pearl. He then went on to break the all-time NCAA assist record!!! The hike was the prelude to Hak's block in terms of plays never to be forgotten.

That hike even outdoes the 360 for me. Seriously, has anyone on any team done anything remotely similar in the decades since? (maybe they have, but Im guessing it was rather unique...longer than even a long snapper, and done on one take!). Epic, such love for the General. It's a shame they dont have him instead of Shaq on the General auto insurance commercials(not sure if they have that in NY).

His passing is why many of us thought he would be a good even with all the drama of his frosh and soph seasons. He really had to dial it back this past year because there was literally no one else to pass to besides Battle and Oshae.

The thing about passing is we notice it most when a guard blazes a pass to a big in the middle or someone cutting to the basket. Frank really had neither of those options last year.

Great point! Remember all the options The General had to throw alley oops to. Rony, DC, Stevie...what does Frank have that's even in that neighborhood?

Some of his no look passess are pretty and get replays... It will be interesting to see what Boeheim does at the PG position this season, and if we get to see Frank blossom and become self-actualized...when you have Boeheim's Army guys already calling Carey an NBA talent. JB has a good "problem" for a change. I just wish that were the case in the front court...or even having one stud at each position down low would be enough, you know? It's been too long for me. Hopefully one of the mopes they pick up and post down low actually makes someone eat crow. Sadly, I think for some reason theyre getting far too much slack...it's puzzling to me. It didnt help that I just watched AO and Warrick who at 36 can play better than the mopes they pick up now.

Not sure if Bernie's departure had as big of an effect as some thing, but it's certainly plausible.

Who rose the most from the LOWEST depths in the opinions of many? Undoubtedly Bernie Fine.

I believe it was Josh Pace who Boeheim said was the most underated player of all time at Syracuse. I'm not sure he exactly fits on this list, but I'm making sure he gets mentioned for what JB said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom