Greg Robinson didn't do much for Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Greg Robinson didn't do much for Syracuse

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
But he did bring in Nassib, Sales, Lemon and Pugh.

I'd venture to guess that we're not where we are now without any one of those four.

What's that saying about a blind squirrel ...acorn?

But he did bring in Nassib, Sales, Lemon and Pugh.

I'd venture to guess that we're not where we are now without any one of those four.
Lemon and Pugh committed in 2009 which was Morrone's first class. Many of them were holdover verbals (Lemon for sure) from GRob.

DM purged a bunch of other verbals as well. Since DM had the final say over who signed...I think both Lemon and Pugh should be credited to HCDM.

Carter, Smith, Hogue, the ones you mention as well as others had a lot to do with 2010 too. Next season really starts a new era.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Lemon and Pugh committed in 2009 which was Morrone's first class. Many of them were holdover verbals (Lemon for sure) from GRob.

DM purged a bunch of other verbals as well. Since DM had the final say over who signed...I think both Lemon and Pugh should be credited to HCDM.
Eh. The guys that committed under Robinson are Robinson's guys. They were among our first verbals that class. Shamarko and Sharpe that committed in the same class but under Marrone, those are Marrone's guys. they were among our last verbals that class.

HCDM had complete discretion to either sign Lemon or not. He chose to sign him on LOI day, so he's a Marrone recruit.
Did Pugh even commit before Doug was here?

Edit: According to our old site, Lemon, Pugh and Andy Phillips were commited under GROB and their offers were honored by HCDM.

GROB believed way too much in the ability of players to strive for self-improvement on their own. He didn't crack the whip because he didn't own a whip!

GROB didn't show flashes, nor did he have enough want to. Robinson just never caught fire and snowballed like we hoped.

Eh. The guys that committed under Robinson are Robinson's guys. They were among our first verbals that class. Shamarko and Sharpe that committed in the same class but under Marrone, those are Marrone's guys. they were among our last verbals that class.
There were a few that gave verbals to GRob that Marrone rescinded. Ray Rice "committed" to Coach P. Was he a Coach P recruit or a Schiano recruit? Marrone basically said no commitments made by GRob were valid until he said so. He liked Pugh and Lemon and offered them. They signed to play for Marrone.

There were a few that gave verbals to GRob that Marrone rescinded. Ray Rice "committed" to Coach P. Was he a Coach P recruit or a Schiano recruit? Marrone basically said no commitments made by GRob were valid until he said so. He liked Pugh and Lemon and offered them. They signed to play for Marrone.
Yeah. I'm not changing my mind on this.

Listen, Lemon and Pugh could self-identify as Marrone recruits and I would tell them they're wrong.

Alec was recruited by Desmond Robinson. When Desmond was let go, Alec was thinking of leaving Su. Desmond convinced him and his family to stay.

He got them in the door, or to the doorstep, but the current staff and the players themselves deserve the lion's share of the credit for where they ended up.

He got them in the door, or to the doorstep, but the current staff and the players themselves deserve the lion's share of the credit for where they ended up.
Agree. Just annoyed when someone makes a blanket statement "they signed to play for Marrone", when they don't know the facts.

In response to the thread title OitG, I give you this...

Kenny at his finest

Gump had to get fired to give Syracuse a win to be proud of. He will always have still been on the sidelines for Baily's dash and Dantley to Davis and Art Jones wreaking havoc on the Irish line.

All things considered though, Greg Robinson.

Time to move on and enjoy this season and the future.

Agree. Just annoyed when someone makes a blanket statement "they signed to play for Marrone", when they don't know the facts.
Fact: When Lemon signed on the dotted line. Marrone was the coach. That fact annoys you?

Alec was recruited by Desmond Robinson. When Desmond was let go, Alec was thinking of leaving Su. Desmond convinced him and his family to stay.
And Marrone and his staff never spoke to Lemon at all I bet :)

Randy Trivers. Who was retained for 1 season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom