Gross is ticked! | Syracusefan.com

Gross is ticked!

I can see the headlines already, "Syracuse ducking out of non conference road date, Video at 11"

"The Big East is entering its final year of its TV agreement with ESPN, and the makeup of the conference will change in a year, too, with the possible departures of Pitt and Syracuse and the arrivals of Temple, Memphis, Central Florida, SMU and Houston."

Ha!

Its way past time for the university to stand up and fight this conference in court and in the press. The BE is on life support and someone must pull the plug zBt delaying it gives the decaying body control the situation when it needs to be drained and buried. Not just speaking metaphorically.:confused:

It really sounded from the article like we didn't want a game and Pitt did and the Big East was told as much by both athletic departments. The Big East then turns around and shoves it in both their faces by giving Cuse a game and not Pitt. Seems to me like the conference is just trying to get back at the schools.

Kudos TGD.
Why cudos...so far 'Cuse has sat on its fat ass and not done anything (that we know of except kiss the BE hand) in trying to get out. It is NOW time to say f..ku BE we are heading out in July '13 and the suit is on the way. Please 'Cuse become proactive in this rather than sitting by and possibly getting screwed over.

Playing one non-conference game at San Diego and one MSG game with Temple is overcommitted?

Since when did we become Rutgers football?

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if they make you play it send GMac as coach and the walk ons.

Pitt was promised a home game.

We were scheduled an away at Arkansas...

I don't know that they want an away game when they were promised a home game.

Whatever happens, I think it's time for Cuse and Pitt to work in tandem to muscle there way out of the Big East asap...

I take TGD's response to 'all' as salvo #1 on being proactive in that regard...

I assume over committed means we already have scheduled the maximum number of games or that between those already scheduled and those we traditionally schedule we would be at the maximum? Anyone know?

I assume over committed means we already have scheduled the maximum number of games or that between those already scheduled and those we traditionally schedule we would be at the maximum? Anyone know?

Just a wild guess here...

Since only 12 BE schools get to participate, and since SU is leaving the conference anyways, maybe Gross told the BE that SU would be happy to sit this one out ... and the BE scheduled us anyways. Maybe we're double booked on the 30th?

Just a wild guess here...

Since only 12 BE schools get to participate, and since SU is leaving the conference anyways, maybe Gross told the BE that SU would be happy to sit this one out ... and the BE scheduled us anyways. Maybe we're double booked on the 30th?

Too me it looks like SU Scheduling Buffonery assuming your not right and they didn't communicate that to the BE.

You know with the rumor we were going to play at Mizzou...why is this game even an issue? Cuse should have left those dates vacant and enuf free days around them for scheduling purposes...then if Cuse was not scheduled there are hmmm only about 50 low Div 1 schools within 8-10 hours driving time out there that would jump at the chance to play Cuse for a nice paycheck and chance for LeMoyne Greatness.

Too me it looks like SU Scheduling Buffonery

You know with the rumor we were going to play at Mizzou...why is this game even an issue? Cuse should have left those dates vacant and enuf free days around them for scheduling purposes...then if Cuse was not scheduled there are hmmm only about 50 low Div 1 schools within 8-10 hours driving time out there that would jump at the chance to play Cuse for a nice paycheck and chance for LeMoyne Greatness.

Could the slot for the Missou or Big Least / SEC challenge game have been committed to the game on the Carrier against San Diego State. That one seemed like it came out of nowhere.

Given the date..between 2 major holidays, and the travel, I wouldn't be surprised if JB was not happy with the travel and said something about it.

I wouldn't blame him.

Mostly it's probably a culmination of things and SU just getting fed up with dealing with the BE and the way we've been treated lately.

I think our long history with the BE and the cache that we've added to this conference over the years deserves better treatment...but I'm biased.

I think it means, "Coach Boeheim doesn't want to go to Fayetteville."

Whatever it means, I think we can all agree that this is a hilarious "reply all" gaffe by Mr. Daryl Gross.

Could the slot for the Missou or Big Least / SEC challenge game have been committed to the game on the Carrier against San Diego State. That one seemed like it came out of nowhere.
That game is a few weeks earlier (Vet's Day Weekend IIRC)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom