Gross is ticked! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gross is ticked!

Perhaps Dr. Gross should say, "When we are part of the ACC we will not be scheduling games against current BIG EAST teams in our OOC schedules".

so...what does 'Cuse do about this. Put our peel between our legs and be juicy happy. First we sat back in '03 and watched as our invite to ACC was withdrawn; then now we cower because we are gentlemen and ladies; personally, i rather have us be described as the bastards and bitches...go F..k yourself BE and get on the suit with Pitt...if we are not in on that suit and Pitt wins it may be too late for us to get out in July '13. Wake-up 'Cuse!

That was no gaffe. DG wanted everyone to know exactly how he (SU) felt.
I think that it was no gaffe by DG. You are right. DG wanted everyone (including the media) to know where SU stands and is sick of us getting the shaft. Another reason we are leaving the BE. DG is not dumb. He knew that a cc: allwould end up in thehands of the media.

Just a guess...easiest solution, Pitt gets SU's opponent if as I theorized was scheduled that weekend in the Dome...we play Arkansas...the party that screwed up pays any contractual obligations to make this happen. If the BE screwed up if could be a big bill as we lost a potential home date...maybe it gets applied to the exit fee.

If the BE screwed up if could be a big bill as we lost a potential home date...maybe it gets applied to the exit fee.
Good thought - certainly a potential negotiating point. Even though it seems that SU has taken the high road during this entire process, this looks like the first shot across the bow. We seem to be ready to take the gloves off...

Maybe the AD is pushing for Big East to put in writing a guarantee we leave for 2013, an this is just the 1st salvo.

I think that it was no gaffe by DG. You are right. DG wanted everyone (including the media) to know where SU stands and is sick of us getting the shaft. Another reason we are leaving the BE. DG is not dumb. He knew that a cc: allwould end up in thehands of the media.

If SU was promised that it wasn't competing in the event then I can't figure out why he wouldn't just say that in his blast e-mail as opposed to making vague references to being overcommitted and furthering the perception that the school hates to play true road games.

Disagree - TGD is acting like a spoiled child.
Suing the conference to leave early is acting like a spoiled child. Sending an email expressing your displeasure but still saying you will play is making your point known and laying the ground work for a larger plan.

One thing TGD does well is plan for the future and see the end result he wants to achieve before he is there. He's never really been a whiner.

I think it means TGD is tired of SU getting bent over the barrel by the BE, and he's using this game as a chance to get a big F you in. And yes, the reply all was a bonehead move.

What would consist of not getting screwed by the BE? A home game vs. Kentucky?

It's a one road game - jesus christ.

What would consist of not getting screwed by the BE? A home game vs. Kentucky?

It's a one road game - jesus christ.

As others have suggested, it appears as though SU was not expecting to be scheduled. But beyond that, the BE has done SU no favors over the years with scheduling, giving SU more weekday home games, and weekend away games so that other teams can benefit from SU as a draw, because SU will still draw 25,000 during a weekday.

Disagree - TGD is acting like a spoiled child.
You are so right. The correct response should have been "Thank you sir. May I have another?"
TY Sir.jpg

Oh Lord

As others have suggested, it appears as though SU was not expecting to be scheduled. But beyond that, the BE has done SU no favors over the years with scheduling, giving SU more weekday home games, and weekend away games so that other teams can benefit from SU as a draw, because SU will still draw 25,000 during a weekday.

Yeah, that's what it's been. A multi-decade conspiracy to screw Syracuse culminating in an away game at Arkansas.

At least you guys are in the challenge as it's UConn, Pitt and Louisville's off years. Maybe one of the three will get the game, who knows?

We should stop acting like weasels and find a way to play the game...irrespective of the obligations and behaviors of other BE members or the conference execs.

And we do owe Arkansas a beating, don't we?

Yeah, that's what it's been. A multi-decade conspiracy to screw Syracuse culminating in an away game at Arkansas.

At least you guys are in the challenge as it's UConn, Pitt and Louisville's off years. Maybe one of the three will get the game, who knows?
Is it possible that the discussions prior to making the pairings had an oral agreement in place, with SU not playing, and Pitt getting a home game? (Pitt also has announced their displeasure with what the league offices/ESPN have brought forth.)

Let's see--Syracuse and Pitt not happy about something the Big East has done. Now there's a real coincidence.

Is it possible that the discussions prior to making the pairings had an oral agreement in place, with SU not playing, and Pitt getting a home game? (Pitt also has announced their displeasure with what the league offices/ESPN have brought forth.)

Let's see--Syracuse and Pitt not happy about something the Big East has done. Now there's a real coincidence.

If Syracuse had been left out of the SEC-Big East challenge do you really think this board wouldn't be up in arms about being left out and being screwed?

It's not a choice every year - it's simply who's turn it is to be left out.

You think it helps the BE to leave out Louisville, Pitt and UConn?

Why hasn't anyone been able to feret out what the conflict is yet? Waters has written multiple blog/articles about the situation, but still hasn't reported what the actual issue is. Seems like DG is willing to talk. I would like to see someone determine and report specifically what the conflict is.

It helps to leave out UConn as their APR is a disgrace to the league. At least you can cheer on your women's team in a post season tournament. Why don't you go buy yourself that new sweet shirt with the giant husky on it rather than wasting our time on here. ;)

If Syracuse had been left out of the SEC-Big East challenge do you really think this board wouldn't be up in arms about being left out and being screwed?

I believe L'ville asked to be left out

I don't think it was a conspiracy. A conspiracy is secretive. It was blatant. They just used Syracuse to boost attendance at other teams' stadiums, while giving SU more weekday home games. I'm sure it was viewed as being in the best interests of the Big East. You can believe me or not, frankly I don't care.

Louisville asked out. Pitt wanted in, and was surprised when they were skipped over. Don't know about UConn.

We should stop acting like weasels and find a way to play the game...irrespective of the obligations and behaviors of other BE members or the conference execs.

And we do owe Arkansas a beating, don't we?
I, too, hope they keep this game. For how many years have we as fans wanted an out-of-conference big six, semi-name opponent in a true away game setting. This will be a test.

A pre-December out of State, true away game, would really help shut up the schedule critics.

I fear the objections from Gross are all based on economics/money and maximizing the dollars out of his precious BBall cash cow. Any replacement game he has in mind would not be as much of a challenge but would probably bring in more money.

As a basketball fan, I would like to see SU take on this challenge instead of getting the better payout by playing Canisus at home.

I, too, hope they keep this game. For how many years have we as fans wanted an out-of-conference big six, semi-name opponent in a true away game setting. This will be a test.

A pre-December out of State, true away game, would really help shut up the schedule critics.

I fear the objections from Gross are all based on economics/money and maximizing the dollars out of his precious BBall cash cow. Any replacement game he has in mind would not be as much of a challenge but would probably bring in more money.

As a basketball fan, I would like to see SU take on this challenge instead of getting the better payout by playing Canisus at home.
Don't you understand that this has little to nothing to do with any "replacment game"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom