Gross is ticked! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gross is ticked!

Too me it looks like SU Scheduling Buffonery

Or maybe there was already an understanding between Gross and someone in the BE office that SU wouldn't get picked to play, and knowing this, SU booked a home game for Sat Dec 1.

I think it means, "Coach Boeheim doesn't want to go to Fayetteville."

Whatever it means, I think we can all agree that this is a hilarious "reply all" gaffe by Mr. Daryl Gross.
Don't know whether the pun was intended or not.... but JB LIVES in Fayettevile. (All right, different Fayetteville; but still Fayetteville).

Don't know whether the pun was intended or not.... but JB LIVES in Fayettevile. (All right, different Fayetteville; but still Fayetteville).

Is there a Wegmans in Fayetteville, AR? :)

Or maybe there was already an understanding between Gross and someone in the BE office that SU wouldn't get picked to play, and knowing this, SU booked a home game for Sat Dec 1.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but I usually plan worse-case scenario in my business...I would've waited to commit to a team on Dec 1st (or had a back up contingency plan)...maybe Cuse can roll the game to Sunday afternoon (assuming they are playing a chump team).

No Wegman's in Fayetteville but I can stop at Albertson's in Dallas and bring over some Hoffman Snappy Grillers for the pregame tailgate.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but I usually plan worse-case scenario in my business...I would've waited to commit to a team on Dec 1st (or had a back up contingency plan)...maybe Cuse can roll the game to Sunday afternoon (assuming they are playing a chump team).

OK with me ... the Giants are playing Monday Night that weekend.

Playing one non-conference game at San Diego and one MSG game with Temple is overcommitted?

Since when did we become Rutgers football?
I have always thought JB schedules OOC's based on mileage - that trip to Cali pretty much exhausts his mileage budget. No room for a trip to Arkansas. ;)

Playing one non-conference game at San Diego and one MSG game with Temple is overcommitted?

Since when did we become Rutgers football?

Su planned another OOC then.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That game is a few weeks earlier (Vet's Day Weekend IIRC)

I understand the dates aren't the same, but you are limited in the number of games you can play. If there was an understanding that we wouldn't be included in the BE/SEC challenge and the game on the Carrier took us to our limit, it doesn't matter when it is played the addition of the BE/SEC challenge game would take us over that limit. I've always assumed that the opponents are lined up long in advance of the schedule release and the schedule release is only delayed so long because they need to move the chairs on the deck around to fill them into available dates once the priority games are scheduled.

They should be better than they were this past season.

For sure. I laugh at the people who say this is a gimme win. Anybody who knows basketball knows it's an intriguing matchup. A real test for our ballhandlers in a very hostile environment. It's not glamorous but I'd rather play them instead of Florida again or a depleted Vandy or Miss St. team.

Arkansas?? I drove through there for a week one day!!
Arkansas?? The home of the red neck jokes!!

My guess: One less home football game and this game putting us over the limit means (likely) one less home basketball game. Probably amounts to a fair amount of change lost.

My guess: One less home football game and this game putting us over the limit means (likely) one less home basketball game. Probably amounts to a fair amount of change lost.

Beer will have to increase to $7. :(

Whatever it means, I think we can all agree that this is a hilarious "reply all" gaffe by Mr. Daryl Gross.
That was no gaffe. DG wanted everyone to know exactly how he (SU) felt.

I'm kind of embarrassed - when did the Gavitt boy become the BE Commissioner?

I'm kind of embarrassed - when did the Gavitt boy become the BE Commissioner?

He didn't, or maybe that is your point. But the Big East website seems to think someone named Joseph A. Bailey, III is the interim commissioner. Personally I think his tenure will be shortlived because I don't believe he is related by blood to the Providence mafia.

So which games have been formally announced?
1. SDSU (N)
2. Temple (N)
3-5. 3 home games for the Gotham Classic
6. Arkansas (R)

So there should be 7 games left, correct? Who are they?

Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria)
6/1/12 7:35 PM
The Big is 'not planning a swap' of Pitt & Syracuse in the SEC/Big East Challenge, Big East source tells @SNYtv

Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria)
6/1/12 7:35 PM
The Big is 'not planning a swap' of Pitt & Syracuse in the SEC/Big East Challenge, Big East source tells @SNYtv

Maybe Cuse moves to Thursday night? I can't see Arkansas wanting to move a home game to MSG. Me thinks SU scheduled a decent midmajor opponent on Saturday night.

So which games have been formally announced?
1. SDSU (N)
2. Temple (N)
3-5. 3 home games for the Gotham Classic
6. Arkansas (R)

So there should be 7 games left, correct? Who are they?

3 of those probably are Colgate, Cornell and the best competition SUNY can offer.

I think it means TGD is tired of SU getting bent over the barrel by the BE, and he's using this game as a chance to get a big F you in. And yes, the reply all was a bonehead move.

yes...but does anyone at 'Cuse have the balls to say FU BE we are suing and we are gone by July '13?

Hopefully that was the case...me I would've had Cansius sp? on retainer lol just in case the BE messed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom