Guerrier at the two (defense) Dolezaj at the 3 on the same side. | Syracusefan.com

Guerrier at the two (defense) Dolezaj at the 3 on the same side.

oTTo113445

2nd String
This is that same type of game that pitt used to run.
#1. Spread the floor by hitting 3's.
#2. Dribble drive/ find the passing lane/ and get the dish pass into the low post.
#3. Anticipate where the offensive boards are going to go and box out a bit to get them (including the long bounces).
#4. getting to the line for 30 ft's should raise the fg% another 5%

Coach has done a very good job with this young team. They shot an average of 21% in 4 losses from the perimeter.
Last 2 games they have been on fire.

Now we need a defensive lineup to get stops. Hughes/Dolezaj/ and Buddy or Girard will give us enough looks to try to get some defensive stops at the same time.

My main point. We Got to have a physical long guard to cut the entry passes and slow down the drives, and Guerrier and Dolezaj would make us really long for ball/pass denial, and both are willing to take a charge and would get some steals. Edwards can give us 10 minutes now. Yes, Its a risk giving him ten, but not making a small defensive adjustment on a night like this does nothing to slow them down. We never got inside 8 in the second half.

Quincy's performance today would put him behind Goodine if I were coaching. Guy has no feel on how to play or at least hasn't show it yet.

Our best defensive lineup IMO is
Washington /Boeheim up top
Dolezaj/Edwards/Hughes back

I would love to see Hughes at the 2 and see if Braswell could play a little.

Hughes cant physical up at the two as good as Guerrier can. They will drive right by him. And Guerriers arms are longer. Quincy's outstretched arm alone will force them to forearm shiver. If not Guerrier then Dolezaj. Only reason I favor Quincy is physicality and outstretched arm strength.

Last edited:
Just asking, why not just put Hughes at the 2, Dolezaj at the 3, and Quincy at the 4 on defense?

imo. Hughes is no different then buddy up top. We did it a few minutes last game.
Want to go as long as we can on one side of the court. We needed that today. Not every game, but definitely today

Last edited:
Guerrier has shown nothing to deserve any playing time. He can’t catch simple interior passes and is totally lost on defense. Did I say he can’t shoot or finish at the rim too?

if i were merely coaching Q (and not teaching him how to play) i'd tell him you have 5 fouls make them count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom