Guerrier has gone from All-ACC to D3 player | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Guerrier has gone from All-ACC to D3 player

1000x true. But he is the whipping boy for the board along with Joe. The problem is everywhere on this team. When we have real good teams, we have a guy at every position that actual plays that position. On this team, only Buddy plays his position. In my mind, Joe is a #2 Griff, sorry jb, has to be a #2, QG really should be a #3 and Marek is either a #3 or a #4. How can you expect to win like that unless you shoot out of your butt. And that is what happened in the first half. Griff made the difference in the first half. He couldn't in the second half and no one else stepped up to do what he did in the first half.
And nobody is playing Coach. JB playing first year assistant role.

Is that the coaches job to game plan for.
If all it takes to shut one of our players down is to actually not be lazy and prepare your team.
Then our coaches should be ready to counter that.

Instead we are the most predictable team in the nation and never adapt.
Except to press when we are down.
I don't think that the coach tells a player a specific move to make other than maybe fake a shot then drive. Not fake, go left , spin to the left, drive. If that is all Q can do, that's as much his fault as coach's.

His game would improve if he just had a decent left hand. Teams have really exploited his inability to go left.
He's got a decent left hand imo. He might start off to the right of the paint but he's shown he can finish with his left off the spin.

Nobody is blaming Buddy. Nobody is mad at Buddy. It's the other Boeheim that causes the headaches for Buddy...
This needs to pinned to the top of the board.

What I'm tried with is everbody blaming everything on Buddy. He is not the center of all the woes. Plus if that was close to being true it is still on Guerrier to man up! Sulking NEVER helps anyone.
Buddy Boeheim starting & averaging over 30 mins per game: 1 & out his freshman year, no post season last year, miss this year, and going to miss the next 2 years. We have had 2 guards transfer, with no replacements. No guards coming in this year. If we had guard who could get him the ball... .So yes, guard play matters. We have now turned into a mediocre program & brand and will continue to as long as the Boeheims are on the floor and the coach's seat.

Buddy Boeheim starting & averaging over 30 mins per game: 1 & out his freshman year, no post season last year, miss this year, and going to miss the next 2 years. We have had 2 guards transfer, with no replacements. No guards coming in this year. If we had guard who could get him the ball... .So yes, guard play matters. We have now turned into a mediocre program & brand and will continue to as long as the Boeheims are on the floor and the coach's seat.
Every bit of this is true (well, except it was 3 guards that transferred out haha, I kid). This here is the issue. Jim has not had an answer for 6 years now. Things are spiraling out of control and he just shrugs his shoulders and throws his own players under the bus. It's never Jim. It's always the players HE RECRUITED. No answer when Ennis left (and still no answer at PG). No answer since Rak left at Center. JAB plays a 175 Slovakian 35 MPG at center in the ACC. There is not justification for what Jim has done to this program. The once-proud program he built, is being flushed by him. Oh, but don't worry...Benny Williams will save the program. He will certainly help answer the question marks at center and PG since he plays *checks notes* neither of those positions.

i like Q. i thought he was a great get. unfortunately he and several others are being asked to punch above their weight class. Q and marek would be a very serviceable forward tandem.

He doesn't have the lift he had when he was playing earlier this year. I think he's hurt again. He looks the same as late last year. He was attacking the rim like an animal, now he wants to lay everything in. He is not going up strong. Could be the same nagging injury. There is no way its because of the competition level. That's not in his makeup.

He doesn't have the lift he had when he was playing earlier this year. I think he's hurt again. He looks the same as late last year. He was attacking the rim like an animal, now he wants to lay everything in. He is not going up strong. Could be the same nagging injury. There is no way its because of the competition level. That's not in his makeup.

There was a thread after a game or two this year saying he had no lift. So now he has even less lift? As you all get more and more mad at the team, will his lift go negative?

From what I saw tonight Quincy was a beast at times even though he missed some puppies. He gritted it out at the end which showed some heart. Don't know the numbers yet, but I think he did fairly well on the rebounds considering what he was playing against.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom