Guerrier... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Guerrier...

I think he had been rebounding better and looking to score inside and not shoot too many 3s, but criticizing player after wins is better than piling on after loses IMO.

The truth of the matter is the criticism is bases on performance of the player and not the score of the game. What I would like to see is positive development of the player and I'm not seeing that.

For example the second offensive foul he had an easy pass for a dunk and didn't make it. We will player a lot of teams that a more physical than us and we will need him to play well and I don't believe it's a switch that you can just turn on and off.

I’m not taking issue with the fact that you’re critical. But it has to be fair and warranted, imo. He deserves criticism for his performance today. That’s fair and warranted.

It seems, though, that you’re marking this as part of a downward trend or the continuation of subpar play, which doesn’t seem warranted. There’s nothing that indicates this is anything but a blip on the radar. Good players have bad games. Sometimes great players have atrocious games.

Playing well isn’t a switch that you turn on and off? I don’t know what this means. Players try to play well whenever they step on the court; it’s a switch that’s always on. Sometimes you play well and sometimes you don’t, despite your best effort. Effort is the variable with an on/off switch and I haven’t seen any issues with his effort.

Steph Curry has air balled 3’s. LeBron James has missed uncontested dunks.

I’m not taking issue with the fact that you’re critical. But it has to be fair and warranted, imo. He deserves criticism for his performance today. That’s fair and warranted.

It seems, though, that you’re marking this as part of a downward trend or the continuation of subpar play, which doesn’t seem warranted. There’s nothing that indicates this is anything but a blip on the radar. Good players have bad games. Sometimes great players have atrocious games.

Playing well isn’t a switch that you turn on and off? I don’t know what this means. Players try to play well whenever they step on the court; it’s a switch that’s always on. Sometimes you play well and sometimes you don’t, despite your best effort. Effort is the variable with an on/off switch and I haven’t seen any issues with his effort.

Steph Curry has air balled 3’s. LeBron James has missed uncontested dunks.

Hughes is the only player that has played consistently well. This is the worst start to the season in the JB era so I don't understand the blip on the radar comment. We are still trying to right the ship and today was a good start, but there has been a lot of subpar play as record shows.

The switch comment is in regards to Guerrier being able to flip a switch against better teams I don't believe young players can do that. He is a developing player who needs to continue to show positive development. Today was not one of those days.

Hughes is the only player that has played consistently well. This is the worst start to the season in the JB era so I don't understand the blip on the radar comment. We are still trying to right the ship and today was a good start, but there has been a lot of subpar play as record shows.

The switch comment is in regards to Guerrier being able to flip a switch against better teams I don't believe young players can do that. He is a developing player who needs to continue to show positive development. Today was not one of those days.

I’m saying Guerrier’s poor play today was a blip on the radar. Why are you equating that with the team’s performance to date? Is anybody unaware that we’ve sucked?

He’s already played well (or at least not poorly) against P5 teams. Development is a, hopefully, upward sloping trend line with points above and below it. This game is a point below it. That’s not enough to say his development is stagnating or regressing.

I’m saying Guerrier’s poor play today was a blip on the radar. Why are you equating that with the team’s performance to date? Is anybody unaware that we’ve sucked?

He’s already played well (or at least not poorly) against P5 teams. Development is a, hopefully, upward sloping trend line with points above and below it. This game is a point below it. That’s not enough to say his development is stagnating or regressing.
I don't not agree that he has played well. I do not see an upward trend line with today being a blip. I see a young player who may need more than this season to get to where we need him to be to compete and win come January and February.

Last edited:
I don't not agree that he has played well. I do not see upward trend line with today being a blip. I see a young player who may need more than this season to get to where we need him to be to compete and win come January and February.

Ok, I think we've gone as far with this as we can. We disagree. He's going to play significant minutes against the big boys and has shown so far that he can handle that challenge, albeit inconsistently (which is to be expected from a frosh).

I regret that word usage because it has clearly become inflammatory, but all I'm saying is it may take him longer to develop than I or we may hope.

Giving our lack of depth we need Guerrier and/or Braswell to step up and play quality minutes for us to be successful.
I think it may be devil worship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom