Gun to my head predictions... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gun to my head predictions...

I don't get it, everyone that has a decent year for us lately leaves early! Is this happening all over college bball or is it just us? I understand Kentucky and schools that are getting top 10 players every year, but our guys are in the next tier and lower, yet still leaving and getting drafted.

I don't get it, everyone that has a decent year for us lately leaves early! Is this happening all over college bball or is it just us? I understand Kentucky and schools that are getting top 10 players every year, but our guys are in the next tier and lower, yet still leaving and getting drafted.

The whole thing is a joke, it would be nice to get someone who actually wants to be here.

What part of $$$ don't you understand.

Flynn: 1st round pick
Ennis: 1st round pick
Johnson: 1st round pick
McCullough: 1st round pick
Fab: 1st round pick
MCW: 1st round pick
Dion: 1st round pick

Malachi returns: 10%
Yurtseven commits: 85%
Mystery situation evolves: 15%
T Thompson wears Orange: 75%
Q Green wears Orange: 75%
Diallo reclassifies: 1%
Diallo wears Orange: 30%

Remember Mali's tweet a few weeks ago right after the NCAA's when he told everyone to chill out, basically saying it's my decision, back off. Shortly afterwards I was told by someone inside the program who absolutely would know that the tweet was far more serious than maybe it seemed. He is said not to have liked all the fan noise around him about will he stay or will he go, especially right after the tournament, and that apparently is something of a factor. Whether it's true, I don't know or how much of a factor or anything else. Or even if the tweet was really him.

I know JB's thing is don't go unless you can contribute in some way right away and that much of it is the luck of the draw not in draft position but what team picks you. It's not just the 12 guys you're playing behind it's also the three guys on the bench in suits. Not saying I'm accurate here but did Mali put together two good halves in a game this year? I know he had a few spectacular halves but was there a full game? Not saying, just don't know.

Remember Mali's tweet a few weeks ago right after the NCAA's when he told everyone to chill out, basically saying it's my decision, back off. Shortly afterwards I was told by someone inside the program who absolutely would know that the tweet was far more serious than maybe it seemed. He is said not to have liked all the fan noise around him about will he stay or will he go, especially right after the tournament, and that apparently is something of a factor. Whether it's true, I don't know or how much of a factor or anything else. Or even if the tweet was really him.

SMH. If true, that's just incredible immaturity. You don't let some morons on twitter have any effect whatsoever on a major, life-altering decision. Like, not even 0.0000001%.

SMH. If true, that's just incredible immaturity. You don't let some morons on twitter have any effect whatsoever on a major, life-altering decision. Like, not even 0.0000001%.

I really hope that isn't the case, because he is in for a rude awakening, if he can't handle a little scrutiny.

He had about 10 tweets where it was obvious he did not appreciate the commentary.

Amen. Kid better grow thicker skin for the pros. He's gonna hear a lot more as his career continues.

I wouldn't appreciate the commentary either. But you can't base even a fraction of your decision on stuff like that.

Obviously not but hes what 19 or 20.

christmas-story.jpg

I think I might go a tad higher but not much. It doesn't look good for him coming back.

Why is it such a longshot, before the combine has even started? I could understand if he had a great combine, but what happens if he doesn't?

Why is it such a longshot, before the combine has even started? I could understand if he had a great combine, but what happens if he doesn't?

That's because you're thinking about it logically. Mali's already has his mental bags packed, therefore the information he gets at the combine likely won't matter.

Because he wants to go.

That's because you're thinking about it logically. Mali's already made the decision to go, therefore the information he gets likely won't matter.

Disappointing, if true.

Yup. Which is why the prospect of giving guys who just may be that immature(I hope he's not) millions of dollars is always frightening.
Or that they are one injury away from no career. I think the current system begs for these 19 year old kids to take the money now. It would take a big set of cajones to leave a million bucks on the table. And unless the system changes that forces these kids to stay 2 or 3 years in school, schools like Syracuse are going to continue to lose kids. One thing to your point, is change how you pay the kids. If I remember correctly, the way the ABA was able to compete with the NBA was because they offered big contracts through annuities and paid them out over 20 years or so. I know the union would never go for this, but force these kids to take their pay over a ten or twenty year period (Ask Bobby Bonilla about his great deal). Then you wouldn't have so many go bankrupt.

Yup I think he struggles in the combine and does not get drafted in the first round. He may decide 2nd round is ok and enter in to the draft. That would be a mistake imo.