H&H with any team, who ya got? | Syracusefan.com

H&H with any team, who ya got?

JrodCuse

All Conference
This is assuming it'll be our 1 "hard" OOC opponent when we're back to a solid level of competing in all of our games. I'd love to see us do a H&H with Stanford. I think that would be a cool East/West matchup between two private schools. PAC12 vs ACC. We would also love to have the level of success that Stanford has sustained, and I'm sure we wouldn't mind as fans being the Stanford of the East.

Who ya got?

This is assuming it'll be our 1 "hard" OOC opponent when we're back to a solid level of competing in all of our games. I'd love to see us do a H&H with Stanford. I think that would be a cool East/West matchup between two private schools. PAC12 vs ACC. We would also love to have the level of success that Stanford has sustained, and I'm sure we wouldn't mind as fans being the Stanford of the East.

Who ya got?
Alabama. Texas A&M. UCLA.

You think about all the teams we've played against, even if not in H&H, since I started watching football in about 1980. Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Florida State (before the ACC), Texas, Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Washington, U$C.

I'm not as interested in Cal or Stanford, or anyone else in the Pac-12.

For exposure and recruiting in order.
Ped state: One of our oldest rivalries. Pretty easy trip. Huge exposure and in a key recruiting area.
Maryland: see above
Michigan State: strong ties great exposure emerging area for recruiting.

for hard opponents maryland or psu for easier opponents and recruiting, rutgers. all three would be good for recruiting.

KANSAS. Football *and* hoops.

'name' program that we would likely beat in football, and an absolute marquee matchup for hoops.

Everybody suggesting Top 25 (or Top 10 - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?) opponents for football is ON CRACK. :bang:
And even Dino would say so.

We need to find the worst/easiest D1 teams to play. Need to schedule wins, instead of scheduling losses. Oh Lord

For our one marquee non-conference game per year, I think it's smart to schedule an opponent that will (a) excite our fanbase and thus increase season ticket sales (b) travel thousands of fans to the Dome and (c) not be a virtually automatic loss like an Alabama.

I think the team that fits this profile the best is Nebraska. They haven't been to a BCS-level bowl since 2001. They are a friendly and respectful fanbase who would easily bring 5K to the dome. It would fire up our fans, and we could absolutely beat them.

for hard opponents maryland or psu for easier opponents and recruiting, rutgers. all three would be good for recruiting.

Maryland has won more than 7 games only twice in the past decade. I would be fine playing Maryland since it's a short drive from my house, but are they really considered "hard?"

Who ya got?
Penn St, West Virginia

Because I only think about this in terms of places I want to visit for a long weekend, I'll go with Colorado, Texas, and Memphis.

Penn St, West Virginia

Yeah, because scheduling Top 10 or Top 20 OOC opponents is pure genius. :rolleyes:
Ped State finished 2016 ranked 7/7.
The Couch Burners finished 2016 ranked 17/18.

Might as well just go full-ret@rd and schedule Bama and tOSU while we're at it.
Who cares about going to a bowl game?
Clearly - NOT US. :bang:
Being the body-bag in a buy game is way more fun. :crazy:

Everybody suggesting Top 25 (or Top 10 - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?) opponents for football is ON CRACK. :bang:

Hits Blunt 25042017122511.jpg

KANSAS. Football *and* hoops.

'name' program that we would likely beat in football, and an absolute marquee matchup for hoops.

We need to find the worst/easiest D1 teams to play. Need to schedule wins, instead of scheduling losses. Oh Lord

This isn't to schedule for next year when we're still "sucking". This is for in a dream scenario where we're cranking out top 25 seasons again with Babers and we have 1 marquee OOC matchup a season. Who would you want that team to be?

This isn't to schedule for next year when we're still "sucking". This is for in a dream scenario where we're cranking out top 25 seasons again with Babers and we have 1 marquee OOC matchup a season. Who would you want that team to be?

You either schedule to get to a bowl or you schedule to get to the playoffs. Going undefeated in the P5 gets you in (unless you're in the Big12). My question - is the ACC Atlantic + Championship game enough for a 1 loss Syracuse team to get in without a name p5 opponent in the OOC?

I don't know. So I think you skip the Penn States/Michigans in favor of a mediocre regional p5 like Maryland or WVU. Obviously Rutgers would be fun to destroy and net some recruiting wins - but I think it's likely that the playoff committee won't ever see them as a good win when looking at playoff contention.

If we're really, really close to being the best team and one of our division mates goes from very good to crapping the bed - and we need to add a marquee OOC give me Penn State.

Hawaii. Dino gets a homecoming, I can easily talk my wife into going out there as an excuse to have a vacation/see a game, plus on the year we travel I think we get to book an additional home game to offset costs. That means we line up a punching bag.