H&H with any team, who ya got? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

H&H with any team, who ya got?

Explain how??

Are Fla St, Clemson, Louisville & Miami etc...not enough and/or below your standards for game attendance and tv viewing??
Not what I meant...I was indicating that to having any excitement of Rutgers on the schedule. I'm sure I am older then you but I remember the days of SU winning games like 70 - 14. This was always one of the games that I could leave at halftime and watch the rest at Tully's while drinking better beer. I just don't get all the excitement that the younger fans have with Rutgers but I guess when you live through years of SU being on the same level as them...well you get the point. By the way, I'm a season ticket holder and go to all of the home games even though I live in Charlotte. I'm pretty excited because I just moved from Wilmington and now can get a direct flight to Syracuse and be there in 1.5 hrs. Much better then the 11hr drive I was making every home game.

We clearly go to different dining establishments.

Was heartened to read Wildhack's take on our schedule today, which pretty much blows this whole thread up.

What? Where was this posted? I would love to read that.

Not what I meant...I was indicating that to having any excitement of Rutgers on the schedule. I'm sure I am older then you but I remember the days of SU winning games like 70 - 14. This was always one of the games that I could leave at halftime and watch the rest at Tully's while drinking better beer. I just don't get all the excitement that the younger fans have with Rutgers but I guess when you live through years of SU being on the same level as them...well you get the point. By the way, I'm a season ticket holder and go to all of the home games even though I live in Charlotte. I'm pretty excited because I just moved from Wilmington and now can get a direct flight to Syracuse and be there in 1.5 hrs. Much better then the 11hr drive I was making every home game.
to be clear on my end...the excitement for jersey st has nothing to do with seeing them as a formidable or exciting foe, but as a winnable game, one that is also close to school, a great area for alumni...and in a major recruiting area.

bees said that for every home game, he will pick up somebodys air fare, id ask him how to throw your name in the lottery...

What? Where was this posted? I would love to read that.

What did John Wildhack say about the Carrier Dome, football schedule on radio appearance?

On football scheduling: Dino and I, we're in lock step on this. You start with your conference schedule and we have eight challenging games each year. Arguably, the division we play in is the best in college football. Then you've got the crossover game. Then some years, as in 2018, you've got a ninth game against Notre Dame. I think knowing what we have in terms of quality and depth is we want to build an attractive non-conference schedule that, at the same time, frankly, we want to give our coaching staff and our team an opportunity to have success and to win games. This is not like the days of the old Big East. ACC Football in 2017 is night and day from where we were four or five years ago. We all need to understand that and schedule in a way that, yeah, we want to schedule good teams. We're playing high-quality, nationally-ranked teams each year. I think your non-conference needs to be reflective and take into account the annual challenges you have within the conference.

to be clear on my end...the excitement for jersey st has nothing to do with seeing them as a formidable or exciting foe, but as a winnable game, one that is also close to school, a great area for alumni like me...and in a major recruiting area.

bees said that for every home game, he will pick up somebodys air fare, id ask him how to throw your name in the lottery...
Fixed it for you ;)

to be clear on my end...the excitement for jersey st has nothing to do with seeing them as a formidable or exciting foe, but as a winnable game, one that is also close to school, a great area for alumni...and in a major recruiting area.

I see your point. You view the game like it use to be in the 80's. I can agree with that. Anyway, are you serious about Bees?