Ha ha uconn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ha ha uconn

It seems to bother you so much. I'm pretty sure you have complained about these threads before. If not, apologies.

Just trying to make your life a little less stressful. :)
I think the posters have a point. It makes us look really small when we mock a team that beats us when we play them. We can hate UConn and Rutgers all we want, but losing to them makes our mockery ring hollow. Let's just be cool - like a major college should be with an inferior it has trouble with.

I don't understand. Did Texas then mock Redford? Did Nova then mock Furman? If so, they'd be equally ridiculous. Yes, we play in a better conference. And we are a mid-pack finisher in that conference, and only recently won a league tournament game. I was recently reminded that it has been only a few years since UConn won a national championship, out of that 'crappy conference.'

Yeah, i get it—wanting to bask in the misery of a rival, but come on. Some of this type of trash talk is just dumb.

Give it a rest dad. Are you going to swing over to the Michigan board later and tell them not to make fun of Ohio St. Perhaps you could swing by the Alabama board and tell them to lighten up on Auburn. Give it a rest and let the boys have some fun at the expense of a hated rival.

They could beat us 10 times in a row and i’ll still laugh at them. I’ll never understand the white knighting some people do for freaking UConn of all teams.
I’ll never understand mocking a team that you couldn’t even beat in the same season. For all the shiit that they are they torched us from deep. That did the talking for me.

Each & every time I see UConn mentioned on this board, regardless of context, my initial thought will be the same:

“I really wish we had beaten them.”

Go pick up a pie from Joe’s* and some Saranac and it’s all good, W’boro.

*also, maybe wings.

Honestly the fact that it triggers some posters here makes me enjoy it more so keep knightin’ White knights.

I was trash talking to a typical friendly UConn fan as I left MSG. We won back in September 2011 when we left them behind. Losing a basketball game in a long season doesn’t mean anything,

It seems to bother you so much. I'm pretty sure you have complained about these threads before. If not, apologies.

Just trying to make your life a little less stressful. :)
You're overreacting to my reaction. There's no stress. It's conversation.
And i reiterate: mocking a team that just beat you sorta seems to exercise the transitive relation. In a sense, you're just mocking yourself. Team A beats Team B. Team B's fans say Team A sucks. That kinda means Team B sucks more. But, hey, whatever. Soak in your own illogic. You're likely just giving UConn lurkers all the LOLz they can stand. :)

just wondering if you guys call the guy that just beat you up a coward as well? Or wouldn’t give a guy a ride that needs one who just changed your tire with your spare because you couldn’t do it. Makes as much sense as this thread.

just wondering if you guys call the guy that just beat you up a coward as well? Or wouldn’t give a guy a ride that needs one who just changed your tire with your spare because you couldn’t do it. Makes as much sense as this thread.

I’ve never been beaten up, and I’ve known how to change a tire for as long as I can remember.

Can’t relate. Need a better analogy here...

I’ve never been beaten up, and I’ve known how to change a tire for as long as I can remember.

Can’t relate. Need a better analogy here...
You don’t have to of been to understand the premise.

Sanctions behind us, let’s see what happens now. And again, I’d be shocked if Akok ever plays for them.
Seems like we are always either under investigation .. under sanction...or just out of sanctions

Ok- i was kinda with you for a while there, but this post threw me for a loop.
Look...I think some folks’ real point is that no matter what, UConn, as a hated rival, will always be a subject of derision. Rationally or irrationally, that’s the way it is.
We can lose to them 50 times in a row, and we will continue to mock them. Period.
Attempting to add an air of logic to the equation is a fruitless effort. Let. It. Go.
JMHO

Sounds like you are a bit sensitive about uconn. Not sure why but to each his own. We lost at less than full strength and that happens to everyone. Doesn’t change the fact they are in a pitiful conference and just blew one of their only chances to get a quality win. They can celebrate their early November win while enjoying the NIT. I’ll laugh when they screw up, just like I’ll laugh when Georgetown sucks (always). You can keep the higher ground and pat every one the back if that keeps you happy.

Cuse!

That’s a good reason.
Take all your reasons for hating (and replying frequently to) these threads. Then reverse them.

Like I said, put them on ignore. Save yourself the angst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom