Ha ha uconn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ha ha uconn

Who cares who they play when we lost to them lol. Their competition is not ACC quality yet we couldn’t even beat them.
afaiac, that was a pre-season exhibition

Didn’t they beat us? Not sure what’s so funny.

The fact they have little hope for the future, spend their winter playing Tulsa, East Carolina, South Florida, Tulane and a host of misfits.

The fact that not one team from their conference is ranked.

The fact that they now have exactly two more chances all season to gain a top tier win (Nova and FSU) while we have 8 games against Top 25 teams.

The fact if they lose to both FSU and Nova they are done with their season with the only chance to win their mid major conference tournament.

The fact they have had back to back losing seasons while playing that gross schedule.

These are things I find funny. Losing to them in early November without our PG takes away a tiny bit of that fun but the other factors far outweigh any sadness I might feel

Cuse!

So, your prediction is we go 0-18 in conference?
how did you come up with that? Because i responded to someone saying the quality of opponents UConn plays is not even ACC caliber yet we lost..

Hey, the light bulb just went on! These UConn / Rutgers / Georgetown / Penn State disrespect threads have nothing to do with earned bragging rights. They don't even have (or need) any rational basis. They're just kids talking smack on the schoolyard.

Thank you. I don't understand why there was even a need for a thread about them here.
I just tuned into the football forum and saw there's a current and long-running (since 2013) Rutgers thread on the front page, with almost 8,000 posts.

To borrow from 'Tywin Lannister' — the lion doesn't concern itself with the sheep.

I just tuned into the football forum and saw there's a current and long-running (since 2013) Rutgers thread on the front page, with almost 8,000 posts.

To borrow from 'Tywin Lannister' — the lion doesn't concern itself with the sheep.

They write the checks...and we cash them.

I really don't get why SU fans concern themselves with UCONN or any other program, I am concerned about SU! SU fans live in glass houses and throw huge stones...lol

Bad thread.

OP they get to play Nova at MSG this year after beating us there. I'd take an OOC home game against Zona over any of the crap Boeheim has given us in the Dome the last decade name someone better we have brought in out of conference? B1G ACC Challenge does not count nor do ex Big East teams.

We have yet to play well vs an ex Big East team not one game against them Georgetown or Nova have we shown up. Last year when we won we still looked terrible against a team so bad they had to cancel their OOC tournament.

Their league isn't that bad and their OOC schedule is very good getting Arizona to travel to your arena isn't easy they have the same rep we do about playing road OOC games. I think they are a bubble team who doesn't get in and .500 in the AAC when its said and done but this thread is a joke.

Last edited:
You can summarize what most have said in this thread by remembering what Marsh's feelings were about UConn..

Im not going to make many friends with this statement, but at this point im rooting for UConn. If they have a bad season the loss turns into a bad loss which can come back to bite us. Bad losses really hurt come NCAA tournament time. I also would feel a little better knowing that we lost to decent team. It is what it is at this point so try and make the best of the current situation.

I mean Arizona has good players and coaches still. This isn’t a surprise. Randolph is a potent scorer. Chase Jeter is playing well. Brandon Williams is a very good FR PG. It isn’t a typical loaded lineup but good enough to get some quality wins and UConn is pretty good.

Bad thread.

OP they get to play Nova at MSG this year after beating us there. I'd take an OOC home game against Zona over any of the crap Boeheim has given us in the Dome the last decade name someone better we have brought in out of conference? B1G ACC Challenge does not count nor do ex Big East teams.

We have yet to play well vs an ex Big East team not one game against them Georgetown or Nova have we shown up. Last year when we won we still looked terrible against a team so bad they had to cancel their OOC tournament.

Their league isn't that bad and their OOC schedule is very good getting Arizona to travel to your arena isn't easy they have the same rep we do about playing road OOC games. I think they are a bubble team who doesn't get in and .500 in the AAC when its said and done but this thread is a joke.

We beat Nova by 20 in 2013 after we left the Big East.

No P5 play OOC games on the road.

I was trash talking to a typical friendly UConn fan as I left MSG. We won back in September 2011 when we left them behind. Losing a basketball game in a long season doesn’t mean anything,

Wait.

So winning is conference affiliation?

Man I hate storrz too but that is a pretty sad statement about our hoops program.

Wait.

So winning is conference affiliation?

Man I hate storrz too but that is a pretty sad statement about our hoops program.

Is going to the Sweet 16 last year while they have had two losing seasons in a row a sad statement about our program?

And yes, being in the ACC is winning. They'd give anything to be where we are.

Bad thread.

We played really well against uconn in the Bahamas in 2015-16. We beat them pretty easily last year at MSG as well. Someone already pointed out that we beat nova easily in 2013. Before calling this thread a joke, maybe get some of your facts in order.

Their league sucks. No one in the country cares about it. I have nothing against Cincinnati or Memphis, but I'd hate for them to be the only "name" league games we get every year.

So many white knights for uconn. That's the only reason this thread is turned into a joke.

Is going to the Sweet 16 last year while they have had two losing seasons in a row a sad statement about our program?

And yes, being in the ACC is winning. They'd give anything to be where we are.

And we'd give anything (at least I would) to win 4 titles in last 20 years. Conference affiliation be damned. they have 2 titles this decade. Same as Duke same as Nova.

Now please dont put me in a position to defend those mouthbreathers again. I feel dirty, but need to make the point that there is plenty to bang on them for. Banging on them for conference crap and using it has a feather in our cap looks and feels weak to me. Neither has anything to do with Basketball performance (their failure there, and our success there) It seems like a reach.

I really don't get why SU fans concern themselves with UCONN or any other program, I am concerned about SU! SU fans live in glass houses and throw huge stones...lol

Sports is about rivalries. It's fun "hating" your rivals. And sports schadenfreude is awesome because it's irrelevant. No one normal lives and dies by the results of sporting events. They can give you a great high or ruin a weekend, but realistically they don't have real world consequences. I "hate" uconn and georgetown and enjoy when they lose. And for uconn I doubly get to enjoy their conference road games in Tulsa and wherever ECU is.

FFS if this board would stop posting about Duke and UConn everyone would be better off.

And we'd give anything (at least I would) to win 4 titles in last 20 years. Conference affiliation be damned. they have 2 titles this decade. Same as Duke same as Nova.

Now please dont put me in a position to defend those mouthbreathers again. I feel dirty, but need to make the point that there is plenty to bang on them for. Banging on them for conference crap and using it has a feather in our cap looks and feels weak to me. Neither has anything to do with Basketball performance (their failure there, and our success there) It seems like a reach.

I'd rather be in the ACC and have hope for the future. And no one is forcing you to defend them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom