Haha, Goodman... | Syracusefan.com

Haha, Goodman...

cspades99

2nd String
So I've gotten in the habit of looking at dubious Twitter accounts the day after these wins.

Goodman was giving a live play by play of both UNC and ND games. Cuse? He tweeted once. And that tweet suggested Lydon should have at least gotten a technical for Sabonis openly flopping on the "take down."

Sabonis is obviously as skilled a player as there is in the country, but that play was embarrassing. Goodman latching on to only that screams of an "expert" with an agenda.

Why is everyone so mad?

So I've gotten in the habit of looking at dubious Twitter accounts the day after these wins.

Goodman was giving a live play by play of both UNC and ND games. Cuse? He tweeted once. And that tweet suggested Lydon should have at least gotten a technical for Sabonis openly flopping on the "take down."

Sabonis is obviously as skilled a player as there is in the country, but that play was embarrassing. Goodman latching on to only that screams of an "expert" with an agenda.

Why is everyone so mad?
How about the guy undercutting,TRob

Why is everyone so mad?

I know, Sabonis is actually laughing during the flop. Lame. It was a foul though, but that kid is full of drama. lol

Why is everyone so mad?

Because they probably didn't get into Newhouse, but all of their bosses did.

I found out last night that sabonis is a very very good player. But he's a whiney biotch too. He cries every play.
As I watched him last night all I could think of is if I could root for him if he was on my favorite NBA team.

That all three announcers were dumbfounded by?

"He was over the back!" Yeah, of the smaller guy who moved under an airborne giant. That will never not be a foul.

Luckily I was ranting and raving and yelling and cheering loud enough throughout the game that the announcers could barely be heard. But I did catch them dumbfounded at that. Soon as I saw Reggie Miller, I knew I had no interest in listening to the announcers. Reggie is one of the worst.

Why is everyone so mad?
If you remember, after Lydon's throw down of Sabonis (Tyler did foul him, but Sabonis embellished), the refs went to the monitor to see if it warranted a flagrant foul. I wonder if, subconsciously, the zebras saw the flop-nature of Sabonis' fall and the laugh afterwards? Might that have somehow, in the deep recesses of a ref's mind, allowed a few "play-ons" the final minutes of the game? We did body up Sabonis quite a bit. He did not miss many shots in the second half, just enough, but perhaps this semi-flop played into the equation? We'll never know.

If you remember, after Lydon's throw down of Sabonis (Tyler did foul him, but Sabonis embellished), the refs went to the monitor to see if it warranted a flagrant foul. I wonder if, subconsciously, the zebras saw the flop-nature of Sabonis' fall and the laugh afterwards? Might that have somehow, in the deep recesses of a ref's mind, allowed a few "play-ons" the final minutes of the game? We did body up Sabonis quite a bit. He did not miss many shots in the second half, just enough, but perhaps this semi-flop played into the equation? We'll never know.
Are refs that deep????

I think the fact that Sabonis outweighs Lydon by 40 lbs made the refs realize it was a flop. Any player in America that truly gets thrown with enough force to send them flying to the ground and rolling 12 feet across the floor is jumping up and screaming at the opposing player, and both parties have to be separated. Kind if gives it away when he's smiling and laughing and patting the floor like he did something correct by flopping.

I found out last night that sabonis is a very very good player. But he's a whiney biotch too. He cries every play.

The last time we fouled him he was mauled and he clearly was pissed...but it cost him at the line as he missed...you have to let crap go and get focused. That one point was huge for us.

Yeah...the flop he took against Lydon was pure gamesmanship...kudos to him but we got the last laugh.

The last time we fouled him he was mauled and he clearly was pissed...but it cost him at the line as he missed...you have to let crap go and get focused. That one point was huge for us.

Yeah...the flop he took against Lydon was pure gamesmanship...kudos to him but we got the last laugh.

An admission, I had to smile on that play. I figured the guys realized if Sabonis was going to pull a dramatic flop like that after being fouled they might as well make it more realistic. Of course it took 2 of our guys to give it the appropriate dramatic realism. ;)

Yup. I celebrated that hard foul wildly, and was loving it even more when I saw how he was pissed. Very good foul. Saved us a point.