Halftime Adjustment was AWFUL | Syracusefan.com

Halftime Adjustment was AWFUL

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Knew EXACTLY what would happen when coming out of the half they said we were going to pack the paint and take away their paint scoring.

TEAMS DON'T BEAT US WITH THE 2 BALL.

retro44 said:
Our HOF coach is just to stubborn to accept change

It was just a matter of time before Virginia started making 3s.

It was just a matter of time before Virginia started making 3s.

Agreed. Clinic by them today.

Did they take a bad shot? Almost everything was open.

retro44 said:
Our HOF coach is just to stubborn to accept change

HOF coaches can so what they want.

Unfortunately, we got outscored by 20 in the 2nd half.

Hard to adjust to having grant not available. This board is full of lunatics after a loss.

It happens well before the loss.

Hard to adjust to having grant not available. This board is full of lunatics after a loss.
It's not just this game. It's an observation that teams can't beat us unless they go off from 3. When the announcers reported our adjustment, I know exactly what would happen. UVA drills some threes, gets confidence and pulls away.

I don't think we lose this game if Grant is 100% healthy. The whole dynamic changes, he's made for these games. However, I was content giving the 2's, it got out of hand when we packed it in and gave up 3s.

It's not just this game. It's an observation that teams can't beat us unless they go off from 3. When the announcers reported our adjustment, I know exactly what would happen. UVA drills some threes, gets confidence and pulls away.

I don't think we lose this game if Grant is 100% healthy. The whole dynamic changes, he's made for these games. However, I was content giving the 2's, it got out of hand when we packed it in and gave up 3s.
UVa went unconscious shooting in the last 9 minutes, by my count they were 8 of 12, 4 of them 3's
we were 4 of 17 I believe during that same stretch

yup they come out of the woodwork when you drop 3 of 4...

We were in good shape until the refs screwed us over, giving ennis his 4th foul. That completely changed the game.

We were in good shape until the refs screwed us over, giving ennis his 4th foul. That completely changed the game.
As if we weren't short handed enough with Grant unable to play in the 2nd half and Keita still not 100%.

Damn straight Jake - this was the biggest difference and it's not something a coach can adjust to - can't replace him. And you have to give Virginia a lot of credit - they played great in the 2nd half and have now won 18 in a row at home in conference play or something like that.

UVA was stellar in their game plan. I can't remember a team that did better against the zone in recent memory; not Duke, GTown, UConn, Pitt, Ville, etc. All 5 players on UVA knew what they were doing and where to go with the ball. Bennet did a superb job.

Just have to hope the teams we see in March won't be that competent against the zone.

How were our 1st half adjustments when we took the lead after UVA took a big lead and demonstrated a great passing game that got the point blank shots? I don't know if Grant would have won us the game but dear lord, how do OUR OWN F****** FANS discount his absence? If we won and virginia was missing a player of his importance in the 2nd half, I guarantee there would be threads discounting the win.

I thought everyone of Ennis's fouls was legit and warranted. He looked like Kris Joseph getting on those drives where he got called for charges.

I thought everyone of Ennis's fouls was legit and warranted. He looked like Kris Joseph getting on those drives where he got called for charges.
Disagree. I think his second, where he was called for a block in the open court as he was being run over by an out-of-control Cav, was a bad call.

This board is full lunatics after a win. This board is full of lunatics in the offseason.

44cuse

Agreed. Clinic by them today.

Did they take a bad shot? Almost everything was open.

That's the thing. They take good shots. Our iso junk was contested by them on the other end. A couple times CJ and Ennis made tough shots like that but that will not cut it against good defensive. Grant certainly would've helped on the boards at least but I think tonight UVA wins this one anyways with Grant playing 30 minutes.

he was protecting roc because he knew keita in the middle would mean lots of paint stuff for tobey McGuire before he went back to spiderman

One his fourth foul, the ball clearly left his hand before any contact was made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom