Class of 2017 - Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington

Where do you come up this scenario??

If he wanted SU he has an offer now. He also has other great D1 offers. Clearly he is trying to attract other offers, and he said as much in the article on Syracuse.com

So what else can anyone take from that? If he wanted SU he already has an offer. He wants a bigger offer, I'm assuming along the lines ok UK or Duke.

Really not that hard to figure out.

If he wanted SU he has an offer now. He also has other great D1 offers. Clearly he is trying to attract other offers, and he said as much in the article on Syracuse.com

So what else can anyone take from that? If he wanted SU he already has an offer. He wants a bigger offer, I'm assuming along the lines ok UK or Duke.

Really not that hard to figure out.
I don't think you read the article to well. He's looking at going to Prep School to get stronger and better. He really wasn't even considering going to college out of high school last year, however the way things had transpired throughout the year there is and still possibly he may go to college this fall. BTW SU is a big offer IMHO.

I don't think you read the article to well. He's looking at going to Prep School to get stronger and better. He really wasn't even considering going to college out of high school last year, however the way things had transpired throughout the year there is and still possibly he may go to college this fall. BTW SU is a big offer IMHO.

To get bigger and stronger for what?

So he can attract more offers... something more than SU.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to be wrong. I just think if he want d SU he'd come now, and have vastly superior opportunities to develop physically. We can agree to disagree. I stated my opinion, nothing more nothing less, same as you.

I appreciate this, but when was the last NY player of the year that was so unprepared to play college ball that he had to prep? Especially in the modern era of "right now if not sooner."

I genuinely don't understand how some people read that article and think he's definitely not coming here and wants a Duke or UK offer. Everything in that article was pretty simply written out. He wants to further develop and take his time with the recruiting process, so he's going to prep, and he's excited for potentially playing for Boeheim.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to be wrong. I just think if he want d SU he'd come now, and have vastly superior opportunities to develop physically. We can agree to disagree. I stated my opinion, nothing more nothing less, same as you.
He isn't ready to pick a school because there is no reason for him to pick it now. All of those offers will be there next year.

I genuinely don't understand how some people read that article and think he's definitely not coming here and wants a Duke or UK offer. Everything in that article was pretty simply written out. He wants to further develop and take his time with the recruiting process, so he's going to prep, and he's excited for potentially playing for Boeheim.
Glad some people get it where others it went over there head.

While I understand hameir being young for his age and still needs to grow and develop into his body etc..wouldn't a year under a program like cuse with a far superior coaching staff, facilities, training program etc be far better in the long run for someone like him vs doing a year of prep school for basically the same reason...makes me think he wants to obtain a "few" more good offers possibly...but that's just opinion so who really knows

Kids a great player but weighs 180. I think he's making a good decision. He's built like BJ at the same age.
Exactly and he will also get a chance to play exclusively on the wing. Wright will have a year to continue to develop his perimeter skills. He will be a more complete player when he gets to college. Tyler Lydon used the same path. IMO the idea is to get to college ready to go.

And that's not to say I don't think he will come to cuse..if anything I think we are probably one of the favorites..just wonder why kids think a extra year of prep vs spending maybe a extra year in college before trying to go pro or even staying in school all 4 years is such a bad thing...I feel like they would learn more and benefit more from being at cuse vs a year at Brewster or wherever

I just want to point out that this is the exact equivalent of jumping to the NBA if you are a first round pick. He is currently a college equivalent of a lottery pick with his offer list. There is zero reason not to go. Maybe his original plan was to prep but while I understand his young age and need for development, there is something very not normal going on if he preps. By not normal I mean 95% of all players in his situation in the past have not prepped. Maybe he just likes high school! LOL

He doesn't have to be doing that to get more offers. He could just feel he's literally not ready for the physically and mental toughness of the college level and wants to get up to that. He also mentions that he was immature through the process and never really paid much attention to it so he needs more time. You don't have to be negative 24/7 nobody wants that go talk negative to yoruself if that's all you're gonna say. You don't know what the kid wants or feels.

If he goes to a big time college and isn't ready physically he won't play much at all. Perhaps he wants to play while developing his game and body.aybe the kid has a mature long term outlook on life or has a support system telling him he doesn't need to rush. Sure these days that's weird but for us that's probably good.

I have to say, kudos to Boeheim. I figured this would go one of two ways: either he was going to continue to be a lame duck on the recruiting trail and continue to exhibit lame behavior, or Hopkins departure was going to light a fire under his a$$. Looks like it is the latter.

Like what I've seen the past week. Need to keep it up.

Forgive my ignorance: Just wondering what the dates are for the "dead" period in terms of contacting a high school basketball player? The reason I ask is that I watched JB today wait for a good 25-30 minutes after Albany Academy's win at the Glens Falls Civic Center, obviously waiting for Hameir Wright. (JB did, as the photo obviously shows, speak with Head Coach Brian Fruscio.) However, when Wright did finally make his way off the court after milling with all the well-wishers, autograph-seekers, et al, JB and Wright briefly made eye contact, and then Wright disappeared down the tunnel, heading for the locker room. That was it. No spoken words at all. At that point, JB left the building, apparently heading back to Syracuse. So did JB patiently wait there for a half-hour just to literally have "FaceTime" with Wright? Anyone know for sure?

Wow Wright's team killed Walton by 30! Haven't found a box score yet to see how many he ended up with.

Wow Wright's team killed Walton by 30! Haven't found a box score yet to see how many he ended up with.
Only had 16 points and 9 rebounds. Got in early foul trouble, sat most of the 2nd quarter. Then sat down for much of the 4th quarter when the outcome wasn't in doubt. Not quite as effective or efficient as yesterday, but still impressive - enough so to earn the Class MVP Award.

The game wasn't that close. Albany Academy lead by 40+ until the scrubs let Walton close to 30 in the final minutes.

Kids a great player but weighs 180. I think he's making a good decision. He's built like BJ at the same age.
Exactly the correlation I was thinking of as well.