Happy Anniversary!

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Share your pics and memories

2003 NC dogpile.jpg

boeheim-in-hat-440x330.jpg

Carmelo and Hak.jpg

Carmelo number 1.jpg

Note: the slightest hint of negativity in this thread will be met with swift and terrible retribution.

And by swift and terrible, I mean the posts will be deleted. There's about a million other threads for that.

Such an awesome time, my first year out of college in Arlington, VA. I watched every game except for the championship at Crystal City Sports Pub. I probably woke up my entire 10 story building from my 1st floor apartment when the buzzer sounded and we won the 'ship.

I wanted to go to New Orleans but was still a poor kid with minimal vacation time in my first year of my new job. Promised myself I'd make it to the Final Four anytime they made it again. Went to Atlanta and Houston and hopefully, more to come!

syracuse-university-carmelo-anthony-2003-ncaa-national-april-16-2003-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
syracuses-carmelo-anthony-2003-ncaa-national-championship-april-14-2003-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve told the story before, but what the hell...I was holding my son through the whole game. It was exactly one week before his first birthday. Throughout the season, I would feed him, burp him and then hold him for the first half and put him down at halftime. But, we were playing so well, I didn’t want to jinx it. So, I calmly watched as he slept in my arms. When it was over, I just kept holding him with a big smile.

There are 14 (15 now) posts in this thread. About the greatest day in Syracuse Basketball history.

There are 242 posts in a thread about Woody Newton entering the transfer portal. A player that barely played for us and has already been replaced.

This Board has changed...

I miss the old days.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

That came Friday night into Saturday, I recall

you might be right. I was in New Orleans and got a call from my wife saying we lost power so she was heading down to her mothers in cortland to watch the game. Can’t remember if it was the semis or finals.

I was in DC and there was nothing better then after the game walking through Georgetown and getting dirty looks, and loving every moment of it!!

wasn’t there an ice storm? I thought a lot of people in the area lost power.
Weather was definitely bad out. I remember driving up from Rochester to watch it inside the Dome and it was nasty out. May have started as rain then transitioned into sleet and then snow.

There are 14 (15 now) posts in this thread. About the greatest day in Syracuse Basketball history.

There are 242 posts in a thread about Woody Newton entering the transfer portal. A player that barely played for us and has already been replaced.

This Board has changed...

I miss the old days.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
It hasn’t been a day yet though. And you can’t really compare the topics. Anyway. What a day this was 18 years ago.

I wish some footage would emerge of the championship celebration at the Dome. There were 25,000 people there - I find it hard to believe that there’s not a recording out there that can be put on YouTube?

I wish some footage would emerge of the championship celebration at the Dome. There were 25,000 people there - I find it hard to believe that there’s not a recording out there that can be put on YouTube?

ive seen it someplace. Only a 30 second snippet though. May have been a TV station.