Hard to believe the season is really over | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hard to believe the season is really over

You can't realistically believe any of this matters, right?

You and Kirbivore should start your own web site based on perceived conference conspiracy theories.

You'd probably get a bunch of non-Duke/Kansas/UCLA/Alabama fans flocking there.
There'd be plenty of Duke/Kansas/UCLA/Alabama fans there, too.

Dino going for 2 in the second quarter cost the team a point. That played a factor In that loss.

The officials make bad calls throughout all games.
This is a seriously mentally crazy take that officials have it out for us.
Please don’t go full Alex Jones on the board. You can joke about this but officials aren’t actively trying to screw us.
He has a plan!

Watching the selection show last night, it really sunk in.

In some ways, the season went by in a blur. In others, it was one of the most frustrating basketball seasons I can remember.

Between the way the football season ended [post VT], posting the first losing record in hoops in 50+ years, and the rough start to the lax season, its been a rough 5 months to be an SU fan.

It's just so odd to be faced with a situation where there are no games left, during a time of year I usually look forward to the most from a sports perspective.

I don't really care about the lax stuff, but I'm fine with it being over. This season dragged on, it seemed.

Let me know when there is an update to either 1) the roster and 2) that ironclad plan.

Otherwise, it's NBA time!

Last edited:
Pretty good plan if you ask me.
1 - allege conspiracy
2 - ??
3 - profit handsomely
So I'm on the right track? Can we sell an Orange supplement? Orange Snakeoil, cures sports fan depression.

Transitions in life are the hardest to deal with. We're in that kind of scenario. I've been a happy SU fan for much of my life. I still am but transition is tough. The end of the Boeheim era has been approaching for a while and I've hoped it would be graceful, ending with another final four run. It doesn't look like that is to be.

I for one was happy to see JB have a chance to coach his kids. That was a big deal but didn't play out as scripted. There was much to enjoy in this season, but not the record. Best wishes to JB and the team. As tough as it's been as a fan, it's much tougher for those that worked every day to compete and make a season of it. Thanks to them and all of you that cheered them on. LGO!!

Good post. What mattered this year was the poor use of our bench, Benny not doing well for many reasons, injuries and JB not having his best year coaching.
This is the worst season other than the probation seasons i have experienced.
It seems like the worst season including probation seasons. Even during probation seasons we seemed to win a game against a ranked team now and then. One year we won the Big East tournament. This is the worst year under JB (which says just as much about how successful he's been as it does about how far we've fallen).

1 - allege conspiracy
2 - ??
3 - profit handsomely
Living in Ct., I wonder why this a-hole is brought up on a basketball forum? Maybe on a dirt bag forum, sure.

Our recruiting is nowhere near the level of what it used to be since the move to the ACC. Several reasons for that not just one. But the reason the program has fallen out of the top 25, into every season with double digit loses and hoping we sneak into the tourney is one thing -- lack of talent. Pure and simple. Having one good player on the team in a given year isn't enough. Unless the talent is upgraded don't expect the recent results to improve.
And no, this recruiting class is not great. It's more quantity of mediocrity over quality.

SU lax plays at UVA and UVA taunts our goalie twice and no call. Why. I never feel like the ACC is treating SU as a full partner. maybe I'm wrong.
There is no maybe.

Hard to believe the season is really over​

"I hope you're with me
I hope you're with me when it's over "

maxresdefault.jpg

yes that's LOVERBOY and man is it ever over...

Living in Ct., I wonder why this a-hole is brought up on a basketball forum? Maybe on a dirt bag forum, sure.
I will try and summarize to help your understanding - Alsacs was accusing CousCuse of being a conspiracy theorist and using the aforementioned Mr. Jones as an example, who is perhaps the most renowned conspiracy theorist on the planet. I merely alluded to the profitability of CousCuse's theories. My condolences for you living in Connecticut. Just so you know, there are other states.

THAT'S Mike Reno?!?!?

He looks like he ate the rest of the band.

Gonna hafta change the name of the band...

to BlubberBoy, amirite? :p

Truly don't want Mike to get anybody to Turn Me Loose.
Guess he just doesn't know When It's Over at the all-you-can-eat buffet.

1 - allege conspiracy
2 - ??
3 - profit handsomely
Phase 1 - Collect Underpants
Phase 2 - ?
Phase 3 - Profit

Attachments

• 1_nGZiPP-rIcW6_BOZuji9pw.jpeg
    1_nGZiPP-rIcW6_BOZuji9pw.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 66
Gonna hafta change the name of the band...

to BlubberBoy, amirite? :p

Truly don't want Mike to get anybody to Turn Me Loose.
Guess he just doesn't know When It's Over at the all-you-can-eat buffet.

So you're saying that he's got to do it fry way, or no way at all?

Watching the selection show last night, it really sunk in.

In some ways, the season went by in a blur. In others, it was one of the most frustrating basketball seasons I can remember.

Between the way the football season ended [post VT], posting the first losing record in hoops in 50+ years, and the rough start to the lax season, its been a rough 5 months to be an SU fan.

It's just so odd to be faced with a situation where there are no games left, during a time of year I usually look forward to the most from a sports perspective.
Agreed. Said the same thing to my kids yesterday. Just so odd.

I’ve sat through other seasons where I didn’t feel as much invested in the team. Teams with little chemistry, or prima donnas who were tough to cheer for. But I liked this team. They played hard. They seemed coachable an supportive of each other. And there were so many close game that could have been won. Tough to see them go out like this.

hate to admit this but i saw them live with the steve perryless JOURNEY a few years back. kinda like the beachboys for the past 30 years...you just close your eyes and sing along. and hope he doesn't eat you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom