Has anybody seen that Maple Street Pre-season Magazine on any store shelves? | Syracusefan.com

Has anybody seen that Maple Street Pre-season Magazine on any store shelves?

I downloaded it for $10. Last year I bought the hard copy. It was like reading the board except that it did have a good article on the greats from the pre-Bing era. Various writers were assigned to write on the usual topics. There were virtually no interviews and no little insights into what makes the individual players tick. There was also very little in the way of little vignettes, amusing stories etc that could have been gleaned from some good interviewing. There was a;lso little discussion of league realignment and future scheduling options for the ACC, etc. I was expecting it to go deeper than the usual reporting, but it didn't. Its still worth supporting. There are only a handful of schools that can support their own magazine. If they want to continue they will have to put more effort and creativity into it.

I paid for the online version and downloaded it. It's nice reference guide. Good reading for a snowy evening (like tonight in Southport, CT!!). Many of the writers are current and former posters here.

I think this year's edition is great (I'm admittedly biased since I wrote for it)...some great stuff about the pre-Boeheim SU years, there is a great piece on Fred Lewis and Dave Bing, some good stuff on Bernie Fine, etc etc.

I think it's definitely a good read, and something good to support. I know MSP not printing the magazine kinda screwed us over, I know I was personally banking on it and now whatever we make is completely based on what we sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded it for $10. Last year I bought the hard copy. It was like reading the board except that it did have a good article on the greats from the pre-Bing era. Various writers were assigned to write on the usual topics. There were virtually no interviews and no little insights into what makes the individual players tick. There was also very little in the way of little vignettes, amusing stories etc that could have been gleaned from some good interviewing. There was a;lso little discussion of league realignment and future scheduling options for the ACC, etc. I was expecting it to go deeper than the usual reporting, but it didn't. Its still worth supporting. There are only a handful of schools that can support their own magazine. If they want to continue they will have to put more effort and creativity into it.

As someone who also contributed for the magazine, I appreciate the feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom