Hate to be a wet blanket but there are going to be 5-8 NFL jobs open | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hate to be a wet blanket but there are going to be 5-8 NFL jobs open

He's interviewing with Buffalo & Cleveland and has recieved endorsements from the Big Tuna & Sean Payton.

Charlie_Tuna.jpg

We're doomed. :D

Doug Marrone is interviewing with Buffalo and Cleveland? Not just being mentioned?
Syracuse (WSYR-TV) -- ESPN’s NFL insider Adam Shefter is reporting that Doug Marrone – SU’s head football coach – will interview for at least two of the now open head coaching jobs in the NFL.

NewsChannel 9 knew it was a possibility after Marrone guided the Orange to its second bowl game in the last three years.

Shefter broke the news on Twitter late Monday night, saying that Marrone will interview this week for the openings in Buffalo and Cleveland – two of the seven teams now looking to hire.

The Eagles, Bears, Chargers, Cardinals and Chiefs also fired their head coaches on Monday. However, Jets head coach Rex Ryan will keep his job.

As for Marrone, he’s 25-and-25 in his four seasons with the Orange. And remember, before coming to Syracuse, he was the offensive coordinator in New Orleans for three years.

What will TGD's approach be?

In 2009 BC warned Jags if he interviewed with the Jets he would be fired, he did and they did.

If we are #1 with HCDM this is not the way you show it and we all know it.

Time to move on?

Momentum gained turns into momentum lost.

Worst time for this as all commits get nervous and all recrutits with SU in the final grouping looking for love and security.

I hope plan B is firmly in place and the staff is contacting all recruits and assuring them that we still love them.

What will TGD's approach be?

In 2009 BC warned Jags if he interviewed with the Jets he would be fired, he did and they did.

If we are #1 with HCDM this is not the way you show it and we all know it.

Time to move on?

Momentum gained turns into momentum lost.

Worst time for this as all commits get nervous and all recrutits with SU in the final grouping looking for love and security.

I hope plan B is firmly in place and the staff is contacting all recruits and assuring them that we still love them.
I think this is bad news in terms of recruiting since teams will use this against us from this point forward. Not sure what if anything that AD Gross can do except sit back and wait for Doug to make a decision. May explain his statement on the last radio broadcast and explain why AD Gross never had a formal press conference to announce a contract extension.

I am shocked. If he is going for the interviews, then I think I was wrong in what I said above. No reason to interview if he would not consider going. I just thought he would stick with the program until it was on very solid footing.

The after glow of the Pinstripe in now officially over and we have to be concerned with the future of the program once again.

The after glow of the Pinstripe in now officially over and we have to be concerned with the future of the program once again.

We're always concerned about that.

Marrone had already bought a house in Erie, PA and he's already accepted either the Bills job or the Browns job. He'll gut the coaching staff. We'll lose every single commit. We'll never have another winning season every again. And the ACC will kick us out and give our spot to UConn.

It's the end of Western Civilization as we know it.

All because of a Twitter story.

And the new year is only 45 minutes old. :crazy: