Hate to say it... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hate to say it...

To some it is negativity, to others it is recognition of fundamental changes. I have been a diehard fan since 1971 and even during our darkest days when the paper ran a 4 part series on how we could not recruit, I was full of optimism. This is the first time that I am no longer optimistic. There is a world of difference between being an alpha in the best conference and having that conf. be a NE conf. and being an also ran in the best conf. which happens to be a SE conf. Some people expect the greatness of the ACC to rub off on us. Unfortunately, it does not work like that. In summary, we are no longer as attractive to recruits as we were in the old days, and that is a big problem.
When was this 4 part series? What year? Was that just before JB took Bernie off the road and made Hop and Troy Weaver his lead recruiters?

I've also bled Orange since the late 70's and have never had this sense of unease for all the reasons many have given. I do wonder if JB is seeing this as a last hurrah. He seems more active and I'm thinking he may give it his all and then step aside when the right successor is found (who I dont think is on the staff now) whenever that might be. This is just guesswork with only my trust that JB's love of the program will enable him to leave it when its back on top and in good shape.

Its tough being from WNY right now, I'm used to Cuse B-Ball being the thing that makes up for Cuse football, the Bills and Sabres. Looking like its going to take a bit of good fortune for even one to have a post season next year.
With ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom