Have I said enough how much I hate the ND games. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Have I said enough how much I hate the ND games.

What's kind of funny in all this talk is that it was ND who killed the BE contract negotiations with ESPN, by saying to hold out for more $, which led to Pitt and Syracuse leaving...and then ND links with the ACC.

UConn especially got screwed over in that whole deal.

Then you're being absolutely ridiculous.

I know it's fun to poke at Giants and Jets fan because they play in Joisey and all, but MetLife Stadium is 8.7 miles from Times Square. You know what's just as far away? Yankee Stadium, where we played two Pinstripe Bowls -- 8.2 miles. Hell, CitiField, in Queens, further away than the football stadium in New Jersey (10.5 miles).

So please, be far less pissed.
What does proximity to times friggin square have to do with anything?talk about grasping for straws- another state is still another state

It we don't end up playing at ND, this is a pretty good deal for SU. 2 neutral site games against ND. Most people who previously had problems with this deal said they wouldn't have a problem if this was the case.

What's kind of funny in all this talk is that it was ND who killed the BE contract negotiations with ESPN, by saying to hold out for more $, which led to Pitt and Syracuse leaving...and then ND links with the ACC.

Yeah and Pitt's chancellor was the head of Big East negotiating committee and he screwed the Big East over. Atleast Gross stayed out of that. UConn screwed themselves with being the face of the lawsuit that Syracuse(smartly) stayed out of entirely. If UConn isn't the perceived leader of that lawsuit I think they are in the ACC now.

BC was picked over SU because they were flipping to turn their back on the Big East after promising not to leave. Jake and Buzz held to their promise (probably stubbornly) after the swap of Va Tech. DG gets way too much credit for the ACC move, and I want some proof before I believe that SU received strong consideration from the BiG

Yeah, because SU is such a paragon of virtue? Come on. Do you truly think that SU administrators didn't know the real deal of who would be #12 between SU and BC when the ACC had to take VT prior to getting Miami? Go back to 2003 and read the stories about the site visits to both SU and BC. The ACC team came away gushing about BC and their facilities while the SU visit was polite and cordial with them saying all the right things but the tone was nowhere near the same. Now part of that had to do with BC being way more enthusiastic about it from the start than SU as well, but still, the handwriting was on the wall by July 2003 as to which school would be #12.

While I do believe SU received some consideration by the BiG, that wasn't my point in bringing them up in the post you are replying to. They were brought up because TGD had to do what he could to make sure the 2003 of BC over SU didn't happen with either the ACC or the BiG or both in terms of Rutgers and UConn, especially considering the state of our football program.

Cheers,
Neil

Yeah, because SU is such a paragon of virtue? Come on. Do you truly think that SU administrators didn't know the real deal of who would be #12 between SU and BC when the ACC had to take VT prior to getting Miami? Go back to 2003 and read the stories about the site visits to both SU and BC. The ACC team came away gushing about BC and their facilities while the SU visit was polite and cordial with them saying all the right things but the tone was nowhere near the same. Now part of that had to do with BC being way more enthusiastic about it from the start than SU as well, but still, the handwriting was on the wall by July 2003 as to which school would be #12.

While I do believe SU received some consideration by the BiG, that wasn't my point in bringing them up in the post you are replying to. They were brought up because TGD had to do what he could to make sure the 2003 of BC over SU didn't happen with either the ACC or the BiG or both in terms of Rutgers and UConn, especially considering the state of our football program.

Cheers,
Neil
did you forget who set the table for the state of su football?

SU isn't a paragon of virtue and after Va Tech was selected, every report shows that SU removed themselves from consideration for spot #12. Not sure how that means BC was selected over them since it was more about BC running back to the ACC after getting screwed over and SU being pissed about the whole deal. I remember that Boeheim was outspoken against the move, and that Jake felt used by the process.

Who ever gushed over BC's facilities? They are one of the only BCS schools that are actually behind SU in that area.

Cheers,
Neil
Omni, I remember OTL Nightly in 2003 where Jim Boeheim went on with Bob Ley or whomever and was ENTHUSIASTICALLY against leaving the Big East for the ACC. Once the ACC added VPI and Miami and the NCAA said no to an 11 team conference championship game the ACC went with BC over SU because BC wanted it and was playing both sides while SU after people like JB were against it did not lobby to be ACC 12th team. The announcement for BC as the 12th team came the day SU-BC played at the Dome in 2003 and the student section which I was in threw dollar bills at BC players as he killed them. Our AD talked about looking at the B1G but it went nowhere. While I am sure during 2009-2010 TGD tried to drum up support from the B1G I don't think we were ever a serious target because we are private and only Northwestern is a private in the B1G.

BC-ND agreement in 2010
6 Games agreed to 2011-ND 2012-BC 2015-BC, 2016-ND 2018-BC, 2019-ND
http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/4/23/4256710/notre-dame-football-ireland-game-boston-college-2015

The Irish's schedule arrangement with the ACC will likely force the cancellation of two of the remaining games in the two school's previously inked non-conference scheduling agreement (2016 and either 2018 or 2019).

Which it has as the BC-ND series is now going to just be 2015-Fenway Park in the future probably 1 time from 2017-2019.

I will get the Pitt series now.
that bald dude is most annoying of them all....

did you forget who set the table for the state of su football?

No, I haven't. But it wasn't just TGD as so many haters on this board want to believe. It was also Shaw with the no financial support for years thanks to a stupid accounting system that was in place and Jake when he refused to recommend to Cantor that PP be fired so he didn't have to fire his "friend", the "friend" he himself was going to fire on the spot a little over a month earlier after the loss to Temple in mid November. Timing in sports is everything. Does this absolve TGD of his guilt associated with it? No. But considering when TGD was hired and the lack of available coaches at that time and stupidly trusting NFL coaches and his buddy Pete Carroll at USC, I can at least understand why he made that disastrous choice.

Anyone who has followed TGD's coaching moves since he came to SU across all sports and the lack of many great coaching moves since he left USC should see, the guy is usually spot on with his coaching decisions. And keep in mind, even geniuses like Jurich can make mistakes, see Kragthorpe.

Cheers,
Neil

SU isn't a paragon of virtue and after Va Tech was selected, every report shows that SU removed themselves from consideration for spot #12. Not sure how that means BC was selected over them since it was more about BC running back to the ACC after getting screwed over and SU being pissed about the whole deal. I remember that Boeheim was outspoken against the move, and that Jake felt used by the process.

Who ever gushed over BC's facilities? They are one of the only BCS schools that are actually behind SU in that area.

It's easy to remove yourself from consideration when you weren't sure you really wanted it anyway and don't think you are going to get it besides. Think TOB for coaching jobs. ;)

As to the facilities comments made by the ACC team, I have no idea why they said it, but they did. Perhaps a BC Eagles fan can give us the scoop on what was going on the campus at that time.

Cheers,
Neil

And at this moment in time, you have no idea if ND will do us a "solid" by foregoing the 2nd owed South Bend game in the third three cycle of this set-up. We just don't know yet, do we? So can you please wait until the 2019,20, and 21 ND/ACC schedule is out before having this over the top rant?

Cheers,
Neil

I haven't read all this thread but since SU and ND kept the two MetLife games but cancelled the two South Bend games, do we know for sure that ND isn't the home team for one of those MetLife games now?

If they are, then the series is even, and this is really no different than the Fenway thing, except that BC's campus is much closer to Fenway.

I haven't read all this thread but since SU and ND kept the two MetLife games but cancelled the two South Bend games, do we know for sure that ND isn't the home team for one of those MetLife games now?

If they are, then the series is even, and this is really no different than the Fenway thing, except that BC's campus is much closer to Fenway.
Chip this is from the ND press release

Sept. 27 -- at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium)

Oct. 11 -- North Carolina

Oct. 18 -- at Florida State

Nov. 22 -- Louisville

Sept. 12 -- at Virginia

Sept. 19 -- Georgia Tech

Oct. 3 -- at Clemson

Nov. 7 -- at Pitt

Nov. 14 -- Wake Forest

Nov. 21 -- Boston College (Fenway Park)

Sept. 24 -- Duke

Oct. 1 -- at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium)

Oct. 8 -- at NC State

Oct. 29 -- Miami

Nov. 19 --Virginia Tech

Both the 2014 and 2016 games are considered ND road games even though they will have more fans at both sadly. So no ND isn't doing us a solid its me asking them too.

What's kind of funny in all this talk is that it was ND and Rutgers (Pernetti) who killed the BE contract negotiations with ESPN, by saying to hold out for more $, which led to Pitt and Syracuse leaving...and then ND links with the ACC.

Amended

The ACC and ND just announced their games for 2014-2016.
http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...Game-Dates-for-2014-2015-2016_12-20-13_flh921

Just look at this.
Date Team Site
Sept. 27 at Syracuse MetLife Stadium, E. Rutherford, N.J.
Oct. 11 North Carolina Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 18 at Florida State Tallahassee, Fla.
Nov. 22 Louisville Notre Dame, Ind.

Date Team Site
Sept. 12 at Virginia Charlottesville, Va.
Sept. 19 Georgia Tech Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 3 at Clemson Clemson, S.C.
Nov. 7 at Pitt Pittsburgh, Pa.
Nov. 14 Wake Forest Notre Dame, Ind.
Nov. 21 Boston College Fenway Park, Boston, Mass.

Date Team Site
Sept. 24 Duke Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 1 at Syracuse MetLife Stadium, E. Rutherford, N.J.
Oct. 8 at NC State Raleigh, N.C.
Oct. 29 Miami Notre Dame, Ind.
Nov. 19 Virginia Tech Notre Dame, Ind.

Great job agreeing to Metlife games with Notre Dame Dr. Gross you sold out your home fans. I hope the money is worth it. My god this crap ticks me off. Notre Dame will play BC in Fenway as a ND home game, but won't count ONE of the TWO Syracuse games as home games for ND so the Orange can host ND ONCE before 2020 way to go Dr. Gross.
Although, in several other stories about this (one I link below), only one of the two SU-ND games is listed as 'at Syracuse' (2016). The other is listed as 'Syracuse' (2014).

2014 (home in all caps)
Aug. 30 RICE
Sept. 6 MICHIGAN
Sept. 13 * Purdue (Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis)
Sept. 27 Syracuse (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.)
Oct. 4 STANFORD
Oct. 11 NORTH CAROLINA
Oct. 18 at Florida State
Nov. 1 Navy (FedEx Field, Landover, Md.)
Nov. 8 at Arizona State
Nov. 15 NORTHWESTERN
Nov. 22 LOUISVILLE
Nov. 29 at USC
* Shamrock Series game

Sept. 5 TEXAS
Sept. 12 at Virginia
Sept. 19 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 26 MASSACHUSETTS
Oct. 3 at Clemson
Oct. 10 NAVY
Oct. 17 USC
Oct. 31 at Temple (Lincoln Financial Services Field, Philadelphia)
Nov. 7 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 14 WAKE FOREST
Nov. 21 * Boston College (Fenway Park, Boston)
Nov. 28 at Stanford
* Shamrock Series game

Sept. 3 at Texas
Sept. 10 NEVADA
Sept. 17 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 24 DUKE
Oct. 1 at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.)
Oct. 8 at North Carolina State
Oct. 15 STANFORD
Oct. 29 MIAMI
Nov. 5 vs. Navy (site TBD)
Nov. 12 * Army (Alamodome, San Antonio)
Nov. 19 VIRGINIA TECH
Nov. 26 at USC
* Shamrock Series game

http://college-football.si.com/2013/12/20/notre-dame-boston-college-fenway-park/?eref=sihp

EDIT: Obviously, this post is directed at the discussion about home vs. road and do we owe ND 2 home games. If you read the article that was quoted in the OP, it contains the following line: In 2014, Notre Dame will face Syracuse, in a game hosted by the Orange in MetLife Stadium (Sept. 27), then will host North Carolina (Oct. 11) and Louisville (Nov. 22) and will also travel to face Florida State in Tallahassee (Oct. 18).

If the discussion boils down to whether we owe ND 1 or 2 home games I prefer we never play ND again because if they take us to woodshed this badly, and Dr. Gross allowed this to happen without doing anybody about it and people okay with this. Then let's play FSU or Clemson in Metlife as well because because we are trying to market SU as NYC's team.

Regardless of where anyone stands on this, there are 2 undeniable facts. We gave up home games and we chose a little more $$$ over home fans/attendance.

Regardless of where anyone stands on this, there are 2 undeniable facts. We gave up home games and we chose a little more $$$ over home fans/attendance.

For the USC game, I would say that is a fact.

For the ND games, I would say that it is a fact that we gave up home games against probably some MAC team for a NYC game against ND. So yes, you are technically correct, but we didn't give up a home game with ND.

I guess you could even say the same for Penn State this year. We could have played Akron at home I'm sure instead.

What does proximity to times friggin square have to do with anything?talk about grasping for straws- another state is still another state

The other state is almost literally within a stone's throw of the New York border.

It's not like SU is playing the games in Tijuana.

:bat:

The other state is almost literally within a stone's throw of the New York border.

It's not like SU is playing the games in Tijuana.

:bat:
so its about how close to a state border :rolling:it iscouchburn

Chip said:
For the USC game, I would say that is a fact. For the ND games, I would say that it is a fact that we gave up home games against probably some MAC team for a NYC game against ND. So yes, you are technically correct, but we didn't give up a home game with ND. I guess you could even say the same for Penn State this year. We could have played Akron at home I'm sure instead.

I'm willing to bet you are wrong about the MAC team and an Akron. That's negative embellishment.

Alsacs said:
First, off I hope this isn't your actual opinion and your just taking the devil's advocate position because if its then my next paragraph will truly make me sad if this is your opinion then it makes me want to stop spending money and actually caring about Syracuse Football. Second, ND is playing all ACC teams over a 3 year period and are suppose to have no say where and when they play these games. If you can't say that Dr. Gross has screwed this up ON A EPIC FAILURE level then your saying you will never criticize him. The second that ND agreed to these 5 games with the ACC and the 4 game series from 2014-2017 was shredded up Dr. Gross should have told the Metlife people sorry, but because ND is playing 5 ACC teams our deal is shredded and thus our games are gone, BUT INSTEAD of doing that Dr. Gross basically had to beg the ACC to have ND make Syracuse the team that will play ND 2 TIMES in 3 years so it could honor a DUMB CONTRACT IN THE FIRST PLACE AND BASICALLY GIVE ANYBODY WHO HAS SEASON TICKETS OR HAS INVESTED IN THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN CENTRAL NEW YORK THE MIDDLE FINGER. Your response is that is the way in life when working with the big dogs. What a joke. I hope you don't negotiate in life and whenever somebody is bigger than you just demands something you say oh well your the bigger dog you call the shots and get your way.
. Don't care what happens will never stop caring about Cuse football, little frustrating yes but won't stop caring.

so its about how close to a state border :rolling:it iscouchburn

So, just how many viewers of Giants and Jets games do you think know the stadium they play in resides in New Jersey?

Cheers,
Neil

So, just how many viewers of Giants and Jets games do you think know the stadium they play in resides in New Jersey?

Cheers,
Neil
Just a guess. All of them?

Just a guess. All of them?

Sure the die-hard fans that attend the games would know, they drive there. But the casual fans watchingthe game on TV? Not so sure about that. Not that it matters. I was trying to be funny.

Cheers,
Neil