Have to say | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have to say

Love the intensity and scrap of this team but please Lord practice your free throw shooting.

Yeah Chukwu's 20% or whatever he's at now is unacceptable.

Just got back from the game. The crowd was fantastic and the guys were constantly waving at us to stand up and cheer. Oshae in particular likes to do that. I am exhausted but exhilarated.

Um, we need to hit 3’s. We would get momentum, they would hit a 3 and we would be right back to start again.

You could see Battle was hurting but did he come through for us or what????

I freakin love Sidibe. He is always saying something positive and encouraging players every time the camera was on him.

After Battle missed that big front end, he was wrapping his arm around Battle and Howard as they walked out to the court motioning to shoot it and smiling and they're both like "ok...ok.." lol.
I loved that---it was hilarious!

I like it when Brissett was yelling with JB towards the sideline after the and-1 foul.
I think as much as JB loves Hop, it must be somewhat freeing to be the guy the players look to for enthusiasm. Maybe this sounds crazy, but I feel like in the last few years Hop was the cheerleader and JB was the enforcer. Now JB is both.

jb make 2 great calls at the end of the game, the TD pass from Oshae to Tyus and telling the players to FOUL vs. letting them shoot the 3, i haven't seen him into a game like that in a long time, he was fist pumping after Oshae hit the and 1 - wow great great great

please find a different expression. this is right up there with the little engine that could.

Nah, I think I’ll stick w it.

When it comes to using this phrase I have a strong want-to.

And there’s nothing wrong w the little engine that could. Gerg can’t ruin it for us forever. Let’s take it back.

Also saw a moment... JB wanted to teach him on something, Sidibe didn’t notice at first then looked up to see JB be motioning him to come to him. He immediately ran to Boeheim, going around his slow moving teammates to get some extra face to face with his coach.

Now try to picture TT, Gillon, or White doing that...

There’s a want-to in all areas... these guys want to learn, they want to play D, they want to rebound, they want to win!

Jimmy is in his glory right now I think.

TT’s indifference to defense makes me happy he’s gone.

I think more than anything is JB likes this team. Not only does he love the underdog roll, but I think he likes all of these kids. We have an all-league back court and a nice mix of pieces. I want to see a little more from Geno but other than that it's easy to get pumped about this team

He went to bat for Frank in the last year or so and it's paying off. Thank frickin' God!!!

TT’s indifference to defense makes me happy he’s gone.

Very true -- was talking with my dad about that the other day. Had he returned, maybe we wouldn't be seeing as many minutes for either of the two centers -- and their emergence [I know, I know -- its early] has been a key factor for how this team is performing.

Good riddance. Glad him nearly screwing the team over isn't going to harm the program.

He’s probably the only center in the 100% zone era that couldn’t even muster the effort to get into a defensive stance w arms spread.

Phenomenal offensive player but his defense was so bad it made him a wash.

And I'm pretty sure there was something a little off in his head...

He was a good scorer, but he was a terrible offensive player. And by that, I mean that he played his own offense, taking shots with no one under the basket, shooting early in the clock. He most definitely was not a good team offensive player.

He’s probably the only center in the 100% zone era that couldn’t even muster the effort to get into a defensive stance w arms spread.

Phenomenal offensive player but his defense was so bad it made him a wash.

I feel like he was good for two early 15 ft baskets a game and then disappeared and gave up 18 points on D by halftime.

So everyone is ok with JB now?

Right now? Like this minute now? Sure.

Especially after the compliments he just paid Huerter.

I personally think JB was feeling the tension of having Mike sitting there "in-waiting" when he didn't feel he was done. That's been lifted and he's been revitalized. You can see the passion coming back to a new level. It's fun to see.

There’s zero excuse now to do worse than 12-1 in the non conference. I’ll excuse losing to Kansas, but as bad as UConn is we need to hammer them this year.

Until we lose to UConn or the Ewing’s.

I literally haven’t seen Syracuse win in person since the 2014 Iowa game at MSG. This includes every NYC area game and a couple in the Dome. We have to beat UConn to break my streak. My friend who has been to most of those losses with me jokes that we should go to the Colgate game, but we’re both afraid of the consequences.

Right now? Like this minute now? Sure.

Especially after the compliments he just paid Huerter.

I personally think JB was feeling the tension of having Mike sitting there "in-waiting" when he didn't feel he was done. That's been lifted and he's been revitalized. You can see the passion coming back to a new level. It's fun to see.

It had to put a strain on the friendship as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom