haven't we had issues on the road before? | Syracusefan.com

haven't we had issues on the road before?

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Undefeated at home last year.
Let's adjust, get it together and defend the dome.

I thought this loss would take the air out of next weekend, it's just got me gassed up even more. Let's freaking go.

I thought this loss would take the air out of next weekend, it's just got me gassed up even more. Let's freaking go.

Two road games to start the years brutal, still excited foe Clemson

Definitely better at home. But I am not nearly as stoked as I would have been with a win, especially with the L in this fashion.

Definitely better at home. But I am not nearly as stoked as I would have been with a win, especially with the L in this fashion.

I'm mainly just trying to get myself hyped. I've got too much invested into this trip to go into it with a crap attitude. I'm not going to spend the week feeling like I did after the ND game

This was a measuring stick game against a peer school with a relatively similar talent level and we didn’t measure up. We have a lot of work to do.

This doesn’t mean the season is over or anything and we weren’t going undefeated. But you can’t have both starting units come out flat and expect not to get pounded by a quality opponent, especially on the road.

We didn’t execute, they did. Simple as that.

I feel much worse after this game then I did after the ND game.

I was headed that direction, but had to make myself snap out of it. Jumped on the motorcycle and headed into the office. Ride put me in a better mood.

Prolly would help if I didn't have the game on here tho... ughh

Air is definitely out of the balloon. Will still get a half decent crowd next week but the environment will be different.

Devito hasn't played well on the road - WMU, ND, Liberty and today.

Yup. Tommy isn't gonna get a easy home game until week 5 looks like a real big mistake by the AD and its made even worse because next year the first home game will be even later.

I know we won last week but I think we play a lot better today if we had pounded Liberty 50-0 at home instead of having to win a game on the road, travel back, and then make pretty much the same trip a week later.

Assuming he plays 4 years this is how the season will start for Devitos career:

FR> First action on the road @ WMU
SO> First year as a starter 2 road games first home game vs defending national champs then a bye when you probably don't want one
JR> Week 1 ACC road game>Week 2 @ Buttgers > Week 3 Colgate > Week 4 @WMU
SR> @ Ohio

This was a measuring stick game against a peer school with a relatively similar talent level and we didn’t measure up. We have a lot of work to do.

This doesn’t mean the season is over or anything and we weren’t going undefeated. But you can’t have both starting units come out flat and expect not to get pounded by a quality opponent, especially on the road.

We didn’t execute, they did. Simple as that.
Not disagreeing that we came out flat and looked lost and disinterested most of the game.

But I've got to push back on the equal talent thing. This isn't the first time Maryland has looked a class above us at nearly every position. We recruited a number of those guys on both sides of the ball and lost out time and again. They were simply better.

Not disagreeing that we came out flat and looked lost and disinterested most of the game.

But I've got to push back on the equal talent thing. This isn't the first time Maryland has looked a class above us at nearly every position. We recruited a number of those guys on both sides of the ball and lost out time and again. They were simply better.

i honestly didn’t see it - I saw a Maryland team that schemed really well and played to their strengths.

They also have a lot of grad transfers at key positions that have meshed well very quickly.

I’ve been as harsh as anyone on Locksley but hats off to the guy.

Sometimes you can't win a game on the road. Sometimes you can't win a game at home. I remember a season with Nassib that SU couldn't win a game at home but ruined everyone's homecoming on the road.

Love your enthusiasm but where do we go? Back to practice I hope, this team needs to work on fundamentals

I want what your having.

I feel much worse after this game then I did after the ND game.

ND was a legit top 5 team and we were a little not ready for prime time. It sucked because I was so hype for it, but I’m just dejected right now. It’s been a long time since I felt like this after a sporting event.

I hope we do not ever start the season with b2b road games. There is so much about this one that is hard to swallow given the momentum from last year, investments into the program and I could go on. I know we have talent on defense. So gotta really question some coaching decisions and film work too.

With that said. We do need to still improve recruiting wise. We may be doing pretty good at some skill positions but the lack of talent in the trenches, our ends aside is a major issue.

I don’t care if we play in Antarctica, got to show up. The game’s the game no matter where it’s played.

Part of getting a revamped Dome is early away games to start the year, it is what it is.

We had an insane amount of fans there. Never had a chance to make positive noise.

Bummer of a day.
Yeah, we were behind the Maryland bench and there was a whole lot of Orange in the stadium. We represented well.

i honestly didn’t see it - I saw a Maryland team that schemed really well and played to their strengths.

They also have a lot of grad transfers at key positions that have meshed well very quickly.

I’ve been as harsh as anyone on Locksley but hats off to the guy.
I'm just picking spots but RFr and RSo starting OT's...those guys handled Alton and Kendall. Johnny Jordan (center out of NoVa we went after hard) also kept Josh Black quiet and really caused some problems on the inside. McFarlane (we went after hard) is a Soph and just beasted us. Demus 6'4" with speed. Don't get me wrong, they outschemed us, especially on O...but they looked significantly more talented, both on paper and the field today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom