HC Nate Hackett fired by the Broncos | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

HC Nate Hackett fired by the Broncos

Rumor is he’s getting one more week but his firing is inevitable at this point. This has to be some of the worst coaching I’ve ever ever seen in my life. Borderline unwatchable last night.
He is so far in over his head its sad.

Gotta run the ball there on that last play.
Maybe, but the play was wide open and the intentional target was ignored by the supposed savior QB.

Hackett has not helped the team, and Russ has not helped Hackett.

Being a HC is tough and not for everyone as we see yearly in the league.

Maybe, but the play was wide open and the intentional target was ignored by the supposed savior QB.

Hackett has not helped the team, and Russ has not helped Hackett.

Being a HC is tough and not for everyone as we see yearly in the league.
I normally don’t even watch the NFL as I prefer the college game. I just happened to be home sick from work last night so threw the game on. Bad game to watch for having not seen an NFL game in a while.

I understand the NFL is a win now or else league but good coaches can come out of these situations. Not every successful coach wins immediately. Hackett hasnt been good in these 4 games but Wilson also hasnt played well.
I agree with this take.

Matt Ryan is an excellent QB and right now he looks awful. He is trying to unlearn years of being in pretty much the same system.

The same is true for Russell Wilson.

It was Russell Wilson who lost that game last night - not Nathaniel Hackett.

I am rooting for NH because he is a Syracuse guy.

I remember how he adapted in 2012 and gave us an offensive season that was great.

So, I am not giving up on him and I hope the Broncos don't either - there is still plenty of season to go.

Rumor is he’s getting one more week but his firing is inevitable at this point. This has to be some of the worst coaching I’ve ever ever seen in my life. Borderline unwatchable last night.

Doesn't he have a 5 year contract? I get it's the NFL but to buyout that much money after 5 games...

Hackett ain’t the problem. They paid 245 million to a QB
playing like Mitch Trubisky right now.
Poor Mitch. Hey, he's a rich man though (relatively speaking).

Not sure Hackett isn’t a problem.
1665188540596.png

Let Russ cook, right?

The Broncos have looked like garbage, but I must be standing alone in thinking that the kryptonite is Wilson. The errors he made yesterday were errors that would get a rookie benched and he just signed a $245M deal. A seasoned pro doesn’t throw the pick that allowed Indy to go get a FG to tie. And that ball was worse than Shrader last year. Pat Mahomes would have thrown a better ball left handed.

The 4th and 1 in OT was utterly embarrassing. He had all the time in the world and could have easily scrambled for a 1st; a wide open WR for a TD, but didn’t even move through progressions; and capped it off with a forced ball that was nearly as ugly as the one in the 4th quarter.

The story about the Wilson/Seahawks breakup was quite eye opening at how much of an egomaniac Wilson is. Reading it actually made me look more fondly on Carroll, because he somehow handled the primadonna all the way to a SuperBowl win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom