HC Nate Hackett fired by the Broncos | Syracusefan.com

HC Nate Hackett fired by the Broncos

I wonder if FHCDM will be heading to Denver as well…. or will Nate make a clean cut?

Always nice to see former coaches at Syracuse do well. Congrats to Nathaniel He seemed like a good guy while he was here.

I don't think a journalist ever followed up with him and asked him what would have happened had Syracuse offered him the HC job when Doug left for Buffalo. I wonder if he would have stayed? Even now, it would be an interesting read for Syracuse fans.

(My journo friends, yes, that was a very subtle hint for a possible future story).

It’d be funny if Rodgers made the move. Don’t think that connection’s there but could be interesting.
That has to be part of the consideration. Rodgers has nothing but great things to say about Nathaniel

As a Broncos fan, this gets me very excited. I hope he has much success!
As a Packers fan...this sucks. :mad: I think there is a very good chance that Rodgers will be heading to Denver now.

Happy for Nate but not crazy about that destination. The franchise goes through QBs and HCs like crazy. They don’t seem to have a real plan what they are doing.

didn't I read something too where Rodgers girlfriend lives most of the year in Boulder? I would say there is a good chance he may end up there. Denver has a very solid roster and probably with Rodgers is at a minimum a playoff team. Hope Harbaugh goes to Vegas, that will be a fun conference.

I wonder if FHCDM will be heading to Denver as well…. or will Nate make a clean cut?

yeah didn't Marrone fire him at some point as the OC? I can't remember, not saying it wasn't owner or GM mandated either. I would imagine Nate has his own ideas on running the offense but maybe as O Line/ AHC type. Probably would be a solid hire in that area for sure

Nathaniel Hackett and how his NFL offenses ranked with him as OC

Bills
13-14 - 19th

Jaguars
2016-2018
16 - 25th PPG
17 - 5th PPG (with Blake Bortles)
18 - 31st PPG

Packers
2019-2021
19 - 15th
20 - 1st
21 - 10th

Will Rodgers follow him to Denver?

Good day for the SU fam… Bad day for my Pack

Congrats. He should do great there. If I was a Broncos fan I would be very happy. Here is a nice article with a lot of Syracuse references.

Last edited:
yeah didn't Marrone fire him at some point as the OC? I can't remember, not saying it wasn't owner or GM mandated either. I would imagine Nate has his own ideas on running the offense but maybe as O Line/ AHC type. Probably would be a solid hire in that area for sure
That was TC that fired him, weeks before he got bounced.

Happy for Nate but not crazy about that destination. The franchise goes through QBs and HCs like crazy. They don’t seem to have a real plan what they are doing.
Well, the way has been cleared for the franchise to be sold as all the lawsuits regarding the Bowlen family have apparently been settled:

didn't I read something too where Rodgers girlfriend lives most of the year in Boulder? I would say there is a good chance he may end up there. Denver has a very solid roster and probably with Rodgers is at a minimum a playoff team. Hope Harbaugh goes to Vegas, that will be a fun conference.

Rodgers will bring a top WR with him and they will be loaded at the position.

Tough conference but the Chiefs might take a step back they have been pretty fortunate Kelce and Hill haven't missed much time. Herbert is the master of playing amazing yet somehow losing every big game.

Raiders are an up and down organization next year they might be down. They could also recruit their own veteran QB like Brady or Wilson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom