HCSS--The cure for upper and lower body injuries? | Syracusefan.com

HCSS--The cure for upper and lower body injuries?

SUinNYC

2nd String
So do you think we'll hear more about injuries than we did under HCDM?

All the trainers/medical staff are in Buffalo now, so no more injuries...

Haha. How's the view from your horse? High enough?

I've never understood the benefit to the team for the fans to know? Everyone who needs to know, knows. The only party gaining anything of value from public disclosure are the opposing opponents.

Overall, I don't think I care enough either way.

More importantly, I wonder if The Shafe will continue to use that screwy class year designation system.

More importantly, I wonder if The Shafe will continue to use that screwy class year designation system.
Marrone probably did that so he'd feel better about needing 34 semesters to get his undergrad.

I kid! I kid!

Marrone did seem to have a lot of a cloak and dagger type attitude but personally I have no interest on what players are hurt or where they are hurting. I'm sure the HIPAA laws may also have a part in this as well.

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule
SU cannot release such information without the player's written consent.

Basic Principle. A major purpose of the Privacy Rule is to define and limit the circumstances in which an individual’s protected heath information may be used or disclosed by covered entities. A covered entity may not use or disclose protected health information, except either: (1) as the Privacy Rule permits or requires; or (2) as the individual who is the subject of the information (or the individual’s personal representative) authorizes in writing.
Required Disclosures. A covered entity must disclose protected health information in only two situations: (a) to individuals (or their personal representatives) specifically when they request access to, or an accounting of disclosures of, their protected health information; and (b) to HHS when it is undertaking a compliance investigation or review or enforcement action.

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule
SU cannot release such information without the player's written consent.

Basic Principle. A major purpose of the Privacy Rule is to define and limit the circumstances in which an individual’s protected heath information may be used or disclosed by covered entities. A covered entity may not use or disclose protected health information, except either: (1) as the Privacy Rule permits or requires; or (2) as the individual who is the subject of the information (or the individual’s personal representative) authorizes in writing.
Required Disclosures. A covered entity must disclose protected health information in only two situations: (a) to individuals (or their personal representatives) specifically when they request access to, or an accounting of disclosures of, their protected health information; and (b) to HHS when it is undertaking a compliance investigation or review or enforcement action.
Some poster who is in the business informed me that student records are actually covered under FERPA. Same idea though.
As an aside, I just love (sarcasm alert) the way schools interpret this law - my daughter's grades get sent to her, but her bill is addressed to me.

So do you think we'll hear more about injuries than we did under HCDM?
Marrone said he would normally communicate more details but the BE coaches had an agreement whereby they agreed they didn't have to. He said because they may not, he would not. Since we will be in the ACC next season, we will probably just do as the ACC does.

In all seriousness I hope he changes the rule where players are listed by their academic status and not eligibility.

Just too confusing to figure out what players are what years. Please change this Coach Shafer.

In all seriousness I hope he changes the rule where players are listed by their academic status and not eligibility.

Just too confusing to figure out what players are what years. Please change this Coach Shafer.
Not that I lose sleep over it, but I do agree I would like it better if they used the "redshirt" prefix.

Some poster who is in the business informed me that student records are actually covered under FERPA. Same idea though.
As an aside, I just love (sarcasm alert) the way schools interpret this law - my daughter's grades get sent to her, but her bill is addressed to me.

I feel your pain on the above when we went through parent orientation the registrar staff made it clear that they could not disclose grade of a student even to the parent. I in turn told my daughter that if she didn't call or text me all her test grades not to look for her monthly allowance in her bank account that month LOL.

;)

I feel your pain on the above when we went through parent orientation the registrar staff made it clear that they could not disclose grade of a student even to the parent. I in turn told my daughter that if she didn't call or text me all her test grades not to look for her monthly allowance in her bank account that month LOL.

;)
The school can't even email you the grades even with kid's qconsent, because of email security, or lack thereof.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

The school can't even email you the grades even with kid's qconsent, because of email security, or lack thereof.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

You see how I got around that though right my daughter texts me every quiz and test score ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom