He’s not going anywhere | Syracusefan.com

He’s not going anywhere

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
40+ years. Courts named after him. Sweet 16 last year, two final fours in six years. Son’s on the team.

Say what you will and I likely won’t argue. But this is a crazy situation for the AD and I do not envy it.

44 has always been a special number here. good way to go.

Last edited:
JB is holding the program hostage - and right, wrong, or indifferent - its his program to hold. We will learn a lot about JB and his motivations over the next few seasons.

Regardless of how you feel about the Coach, and the duties of the University/Athletic Department... I’m not sure there’s been many similar situations in sports. Can we think of any?

JB is holding the program hostage - and right, wrong, or indifferent - its his program to hold. We will learn a lot about JB and his motivations over the next few seasons.

We’ve already learnt plenty about him. And it’s not all great. He held Hopkins hostage and had a “succession plan” for Hop in place multiple times, only to snatch the rug out from under him. This happened about 2-3 times. I don’t blame Hop for finally realizing that it was time to stop being jerked around.

Regardless of how you feel about the Coach, and the duties of the University/Athletic Department... I’m not sure there’s been many similar situations in sports. Can we think of any?

Bowden at Florida State was the only one close.

Its really not though. He has no right to burn the program to the ground.

Bowden, Massimino, Dean Smith...etc etc. It’s not a new situation.

Just to be clear, this isn’t a villification thread. It’s just trying to be realistic about if this is the direction the fanbase thinks the AD should near, you have to consider how daunting a task it is.

Boeheim “sabotaged” the USC job for Hop. When Hop interviewed for USC a few years back, Boeheim called their AD and said it would be silly to hire Hopkins for what would be a rental, as once he retired soon, Hop would return to SU.

But then Boeheim didn’t retire...

And USC hired Enfield instead.

Then win some games.

I’ll shut up if we win 13 ACC games that includes:

Not laying an egg against a crappy BC team like we do every year.

Beat UNC for the first time in 100 games.

Score more than 60 points than Virginia.

Do that and I’ll stop criticizing.

40+ years. Courts named after him. Sweet 16 last year, two final fours in six years. Son’s on the team.

Say what you will and I likely won’t argue. But this is a crazy situation for the AD and I do not envy it.

It's a difficult situation but it's his own fault because of he handled the Hop situation a couple years ago. There was a very specific plan in place specifically to help avoid this exact situation we may end up finding ourselves in and he let JB strong arm him into scrapping it.

Boeheim “sabotaged” the USC job for Hop. When Hop interviewed for USC a few years back, Boeheim called their AD and said it would be silly to hire Hopkins for what would be a rental, as once he retired soon, Hop would return to SU.

But then Boeheim didn’t retire...

And USC hired Enfield instead.

Fake news.

If FGCU loses to Georgetown, Hop is a Trojan right now.

It's a difficult situation but it's his own fault because of he handled the Hop situation a couple years ago. There was a very specific plan in place specifically to help avoid this exact situation we may end up finding ourselves in and he let JB strong arm him into scrapping it.

Which one? Hop was supposed to take over in 2009 and 2012. But Boeheim “unretired” both of those times. Third time, Hopkins said “screw it, I’m out of here.”

Fake news.

If FGCU loses to Georgetown, Hop is a Trojan right now.

exactly right. Don't disagree with many things in this thread but JB did not ruin Hop's chances for USC.

Unless some one was tapping JB's phone or in the room this is ridiculous.

Cuse!

I guess the people I know are MORE respected than the people you know.

I won’t break his anonymity, but no, they’re not. One of the original old-timers.

Why would JB have to call USC to sabotage Hop's efforts, when it was already public knowledge that if Hop took the job, he might only be a rental.

Why would JB have to call USC to sabotage Hop's efforts, when it was already public knowledge that if Hop took the job, he might only be a rental.

Just relaying what I was told.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom