Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers!

Update

1. The channels suddenly showed up Unchecked at the very bottom of my custom list .. took about 10 minutes to individually drag them back into place

2. Cancelled my Directv urinary stream “free 14 day trial “ and that was 20 minutes of my life i wont get back
Still waiting

So Directv is truly a horrid and evil company

As I stated, I had canceled it today and was told by the Directv employee that since I cancelled during my 14 day trial period , I wouldn’t be charged …

I’m like ok .. cool.,

Then I get an email a few hours later saying my credit card has been auto charged for 100$
Then I get a follow up email that a TEN dollar credit is being applied to my account since I cancelled

So either one of these is a typographical error or they refunded me only 10% of the total charge

Of course now I must go back and discuss with them

While I was a loyal and happy customer of Directv, for nearly 17 years, they are a dinosaur now. I cut the cord about 5 years ago. I don't see how they can survive. They might as well join dish and jump into Blockbuster's grave. That business model won't work today, and they know it.

And while I'm on my rant, who the hell subscribes to dish? I mean if you're 80, I get it, you probably don't like change and probably got all caught up in the "hopper" ads. However, there is absolutely NOTHING that dish has ever done better than their competitors. Don't even get me started with Slingtv and their blue and orange packages.

Last edited:
I have never seen a stream close to as good as my sat signal. I wont leave it until they force me . streaming is just a sucky way to watch tv. changing channels on streams is awful.
I won't argue with the changing channels being a nuisance. I had directv for almost 4 years. The signal issues I had were numerous. Every storm either pixelated the screen or completely shut it down. We had a snowstorm during the super bowl and I had to trudge around to the best spot and throw snowballs at the dish to knock the snow off. I missed the halftime show and 10 minutes of the 3rd quarter because thw only place the dish could pick up the signal was in a fairly difficult area to reach with kinetic rounds.
Also, I hardwired my house with cat6 ethernet and run through a hub, so my streaming signal is pretty good, though admittedly, not fool-proof.

I won't argue with the changing channels being a nuisance. I had directv for almost 4 years. The signal issues I had were numerous. Every storm either pixelated the screen or completely shut it down. We had a snowstorm during the super bowl and I had to trudge around to the best spot and throw snowballs at the dish to knock the snow off. I missed the halftime show and 10 minutes of the 3rd quarter because thw only place the dish could pick up the signal was in a fairly difficult area to reach with kinetic rounds.
Also, I hardwired my house with cat6 ethernet and run through a hub, so my streaming signal is pretty good, though admittedly, not fool-proof.
yup snow is an issue.. first thing i did was relocate my dish to the ground from the roof where they installed it.. made life so much easier

Mlbtv and mlb network GONE from YouTube Tv. I watch a ton of baseball and although I can just subscribe to mlbtv directly through their AP, it’s a crappy experience watching on TV. So freaking annoying

Mlbtv and mlb network GONE from YouTube Tv. I watch a ton of baseball and although I can just subscribe to mlbtv directly through their AP, it’s a crappy experience watching on TV. So freaking annoying
I wonder if it is fallout from YTTV getting the NFL Sunday Ticket rights.
Unfortunately, channel instability is a part of tv watching now.
i have a firestick and watch on TV through the app. I've been doing it that way for several seasons.
It's also my hedge against the ever present threat of losing channels on streaming services.

Ha... I first got directv in something like 2001. I had it for about 13-14 years. When I first got it, I thought I was a complete bad ass. I could get stuff that most my friends couldn't. Then one year a tree grew too tall next to my roof and gave me a lot of issues getting programming reliably and all too often I got...

art television GIF by G1ft3d

This is the oddest thing - game is on Bally Sports in Atlanta, even though it's showing - and blacked out - on Marquee Sports.

Ha... I first got directv in something like 2001. I had it for about 13-14 years. When I first got it, I thought I was a complete bad ass. I could get stuff that most my friends couldn't. Then one year a tree grew too tall next to my roof and gave me a lot of issues getting programming reliably and all too often I got...

art television GIF by G1ft3d
Is that pron? I think I see bush!

Mlb app on Apple TV is pretty nice.

The Roku one sucks and the native tv one isn’t great.

Mlb app on Apple TV is pretty nice.

The Roku one sucks and the native tv one isn’t great.
I had the AP last year on my Apple TV and the crap would just give me the spinning death circle and never open . I’d delete , reinstall , same thing