Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers!

YouTubeTV doesn’t have ESPN.

Hulu doesn’t have NBATV.

Fubo doesn’t have TNT.

For an NBA fan, this is all a mess.

I agree that Directv streaming is a rip off, but it’s also the only service that has all the sports channels I want.

It was a nice 5 year run of saving a lot of money, but I’ll basically be paying cable prices if I switch to Directv streaming.
Yeah, you're right, it is a complete mess. I didn't realize that Fubo doesn't have TNT. That sucks but not a big deal to me, expect for when the nba playoffs start. Maybe by then, YTTV will have espn and I can switch back.

Yeah, you're right, it is a complete mess. I didn't realize that Fubo doesn't have TNT. That sucks but not a big deal to me, expect for when the nba playoffs start. Maybe by then, YTTV will have espn and I can switch back.
I’m leaning towards going really cheap and going with the one that I started my cut the cord journey with: Sling. I’ll be unhappy with my service anyway. Might as well save a lot of money until something good comes along.

The thing yttv had over everyone else, is being able to record the major network local channels, and they were all live, not on demand. When I was shopping services, they were the only ones. All the others came right out and said you couldn’t do it in the small print.

My concern now is the Espn app requires you to put in your tv info to get the specific content you should receive. So I still get nothing now that yttv is out? I have ESPN+ As well.

The thing yttv had over everyone else, is being able to record the major network local channels, and they were all live, not on demand. When I was shopping services, they were the only ones. All the others came right out and said you couldn’t do it in the small print.

My concern now is the Espn app requires you to put in your tv info to get the specific content you should receive. So I still get nothing now that yttv is out? I have ESPN+ As well.

It appears that I can record major network local channels on FuboTV. I just tried recording a random program on ABC and it recorded. I then went to my recordings and played it. No delay. Seemed to work fine.

I just tried it again on another network (FOX), and worked fine as well. Also, fast forwarding worked too.

Last edited:
It’s insane how much these streaming services increased in price over the last couple of years. I cut the cord in early 2017 and originally signed up with the old PlayStation Vue service - monthly fee was $35 when I signed up, which included pretty much the same amount of channels other services are offering today. Most of the others were around the same price point too. Now we’re approaching $100 per month on some of these services. I’m on Hulu Live now, and it works for what I need it for.

YouTubeTV doesn’t have ESPN.

Hulu doesn’t have NBATV.

Fubo doesn’t have TNT.

For an NBA fan, this is all a mess.

I agree that Directv streaming is a rip off, but it’s also the only service that has all the sports channels I want.

It was a nice 5 year run of saving a lot of money, but I’ll basically be paying cable prices if I switch to Directv streaming.
you were always paying cable prices.. the streamers took big hits trying to get you to jump over and now they want to make the money back. if they all offered everything like cable did the prices would be more . The only difference is now you have to pay for internet and streaming in 2 bills and streaming only works if you have a way to stream. cable had to supply everything for years.

the next big step will be ISP s charging for volume you watch and use their equipment.

you were always paying cable prices.. the streamers took big hits trying to get you to jump over and now they want to make the money back. if they all offered everything like cable did the prices would be more . The only difference is now you have to pay for internet and streaming in 2 bills and streaming only works if you have a way to stream. cable had to supply everything for years.

the next big step will be ISP s charging for volume you watch and use their equipment.
Nope. I was paying for internet regardless. I went from paying $110-$140 to $75-85 for the first few years of my streaming days.

If anyone wants to try Fubotv, make sure you get a link from someone currently with the service. You and the person who has an active account get $30 worth of credits. I'd be happy to provide a link that you can use (just send me a message) or feel free to do it with someone else. I wish I had known that before I signed up, but whatever.

Nope. I was paying for internet regardless. I went from paying $110-$140 to $75-85 for the first few years of my streaming days.
you were paying for internet before cable existed? Streaming took off when fiber really started to get installed.. 90% of the US couldnt really stream if they wanted, even 5 yrs ago. in many areas only the last 2-3 yrs was it viable,, Streaming providers saw they could eliminate a huge chunk of support infrastructure and cut cable off. But now they are finding that was a small chunk of the cost and they are having to raise rates.

And thats why I said streaming took the hit.. they all tried to serve below costs to remove cable.. With cable most of us has 1 choice or Sat 2 choices.. Now with streaming you have 4-5-6 but they all play the cost game by only serving up some channels . they are starting to actually raise rates to make money and now people jump around because they can.. Then the streamers all started their own pipelines and now people stream 3-4-5-6 different services and pay more than cable rates.

who has Disney/apple/Hulu/Paramount/Espn/HBO etc..

you were paying for internet before cable existed? Streaming took off when fiber really started to get installed.. 90% of the US couldnt really stream if they wanted, even 5 yrs ago. in many areas only the last 2-3 yrs was it viable,, Streaming providers saw they could eliminate a huge chunk of support infrastructure and cut cable off. But now they are finding that was a small chunk of the cost and they are having to raise rates.

And thats why I said streaming took the hit.. they all tried to serve below costs to remove cable.. With cable most of us has 1 choice or Sat 2 choices.. Now with streaming you have 4-5-6 but they all play the cost game by only serving up some channels . they are starting to actually raise rates to make money and now people jump around because they can.. Then the streamers all started their own pipelines and now people stream 3-4-5-6 different services and pay more than cable rates.

who has Disney/apple/Hulu/Paramount/Espn/HBO etc..
Guess I read part of that wrong.

But I went to Sling in early 2016, and then YouTubeTV in maybe 2018 when it was like $40 a month. My internet costs didn’t change.

I missed zero content that I actually watched. So it worked out great for me. Only standalone subscriptions I have are Hulu for like $6 a month and I’ll get HBO for two months when there’s a new season of Curb, and sometimes I’ll get Netflix for a month or two when there is something I want to watch. That’s no different than when I had cable.

Yes it’s back!
I’m glad that I didn’t jump off immediately. I did give them feedback that if the channels weren’t returned shortly that we’d be canceling their service. The plan was to pause YouTube TV service and then try out the other streaming services.

I’d like to have some more concurrent streams, but the ESPN app has been able to cover us.