Hear me out - wildly improbable but... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hear me out - wildly improbable but...

Look, if we get to 7 and 0 I could care less about Gameday. We're in position to have our eyes on the playoffs.
And to think I had to step back and put the phone down after originally predicting 14-0 in my Cali predictions

Love the fact we can dream once again.

Related but unrelated dreaming, if we lose this weekend but win out- assuming Clemson does the same and locks us out of the ACC championship game- what's the most logical bowl we would land in at 11-1? Is it Peach?

Love the fact we can dream once again.

Related but unrelated dreaming, if we lose this weekend but win out- assuming Clemson does the same and locks us out of the ACC championship game- what's the most logical bowl we would land in at 11-1? Is it Peach?

If continuing to dream and SU loses say...31-21 to Clemson and then wins out, I'd venture a guess that they'd have an outside shot at the Top 4 depending on how many undefeated teams there are...a very outside shot but still one. What would hurt is the ACC not doing that well OOC and if SU is handling the teams left on the schedule with "ease".

The current narrative out there - from Herbstreit to Maisel to Feinbaum - is to hammer the ACC. I listened to a podcast yesterday that suggested a one loss Clemson wouldn't sniff the playoffs "given that they won't play a ranked team all year".

I'm afraid an 11-1 Syracuse would be a real longshot to get in the final four. I guess the hope would be - ND remains in the top 10 (with 2 losses) and our win over them looks really good to the Committee. Syracuse losing to Clemmy - and then beating the BC's and NC St's of the world - simply won't move the needle.

(Boy it's fun to dream about this stuff again)

Cuse would have to be 7-0, or 0 chance of gameday. A loss to Clem would knock us off receiving votes or retaining very few. Wins over Pitt/NC (who are mediocre teams) don't do much to bolster one's resume for votes... At 6-1, I can see SU in the #28-30 range, and even that may be too high, considering were #36 right now

If continuing to dream and SU loses say...31-21 to Clemson and then wins out, I'd venture a guess that they'd have an outside shot at the Top 4 depending on how many undefeated teams there are...a very outside shot but still one. What would hurt is the ACC not doing that well OOC and if SU is handling the teams left on the schedule with "ease".
Zero chance of a top 4 spot with one loss in a down year for the ACC.

I love that this thread exists.

When we start to think of SU football the way we do SU basketball -- hopefully without some of the worst negativity there -- it's a sign that we're turning the corner.

Hell, even if we start to think about it as we did circa 1987-2001. Those were good times.

Not a sense of entitlement, but a sense of possibility.

That's been missing for a long time.
Syracuse was a football school before they were a basketball school. Everything is cyclical.