Hello, Big Monday! | Syracusefan.com

Hello, Big Monday!

Bill Orange

@DavidTeelatDP: #ACC commish John Swofford just told me the league will take over Big East's 7 p.m. time slot next season on ESPN's Big Monday.

@DavidTeelatDP: Swofford said #ACC will keep Sunday night game on ESPNU, giving league a basketball presence every day except Friday.

15 teams make this possible. Also, Big East fans watch the ratings on Fox Sports 1 vs ESPN for matchups like Georgetown-Xavier vs. Duke-Notre Dame or Villanova-Providence vs. North Carolina-Pitt which games will move the needle nationally. I picked the 2 top brands from each conference against middle teams.
Best part of this deal is that we will continue having Sean McDonough, Bill Raftery, and Jay Bilas calling our games.

Yep! Of course Bill Orange swoops in and steals my Big Monday thunder ;)

I bet we get Sean, Jay and Raf too! Great news!

Personally I'd like to see the old BE on ESPN2 with a staggered start at 8PM EST. I'd rather watch the finish of a UConn, Cincy, Memphis, etc...game over the first half of WVU, Texas, OSU, etc... B12 BB blows.

How do local CNY'ers feel about Sunday BB later in the day/evening on ESPNU versus those Sunday Noon and 2 pm starts on the BEGOTW?

Yep! Of course Bill Orange swoops in and steals my Big Monday thunder ;)

Bill Orange is everywhere and knows all. He graced our televisions with his presence last night. Those were nice seats, Bill. ;)

@DavidTeelatDP: #ACC commish John Swofford just told me the league will take over Big East's 7 p.m. time slot next season on ESPN's Big Monday.

@DavidTeelatDP: Swofford said #ACC will keep Sunday night game on ESPNU, giving league a basketball presence every day except Friday.
...more good news on the way...be patient...and what a terrific conference to be 'Cuse! (discussed a bit on chat on yesterday's game...)

The best part of his is not missing the 1st few minutes of the 9:00 game because the 7 went late. So many BE games end after 9.

Go Cuse

...more good news on the way...be patient...and what a terrific conference to be 'Cuse! (discussed a bit on chat on yesterday's game...)

You mean like this...

1. David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
  2. #ACC's John Swofford: "I suspect a lot of people would enjoy periodically visiting New York City for this quality of basketball tournament."
    1. 43mDavid Teel@DavidTeelatDP
    2. More Swofford on NYC: "It would be pricier. But it’s also the media center of the world and an exciting city to be in." #ACC
    1. 44mDavid Teel@DavidTeelatDP
    2. But Swofford said mutual interest in periodic #ACC tournaments in NYC. "We should look at New York. I think we’d be remiss if we didn’t."
  1. 45mDavid Teel@DavidTeelatDP
    #ACC commish John Swofford on basketball tournament's NC roots: "I don’t see our schools walking away from that." cont

How do local CNY'ers feel about Sunday BB later in the day/evening on ESPNU versus those Sunday Noon and 2 pm starts on the BEGOTW?

I'm sure they'll find a reason to gripe.

"Now I won't be able to watch America's Funniest Home Videos."

OR

"This sucks; I usually like to prepare for my upcoming work week on Sunday nights."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom