Hendrix-Queeley- the WRs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hendrix-Queeley- the WRs

Publicly is the key part. We have ZERO idea what he has done in private.
And as Dino says, they like to keep that sorta thing inside the family.

So - unless you're secretly on the team or staff, you don't have any clue what has gone on behind closed doors.
Which is exactly how Dino wants it for his team.
I guess as an Alumni I have a different take. When he puts on the SU uniform he represents the entire University not just a select group of people. His conduct was an embarrassment not only to himself and his team but the entire university. Anyone with maturity would have immediately recognized that and publicly apologized for his actions.

This
I was surprised the Clemson receivers weren't much better. Rodgers was very good-The rest? Meh. And their fanbase seems to agree with this. I would like to if Hendrix and/or Alford could show something in this respect.

Regarding Taj, I'm usually more in the "firm discipline" camp. However, apparently I'm not as firm as some here. Based on what I've seen, it seems like Dino has addressed the issue and made a point. The young man lost out on an opportunity to suit up and test his skills against the number one program in the country. For a player like him, I would imagine that hurt. I'm sure he was very embarrassed about what he did. This has gotten a good bit of exposure and it's not fun to have your mistakes broadcasted like this.

There comes a point where more discipline just doesn't do anything beneficial, and I think that's where we currently are. Now that said, if Taj makes another bad decision moving forward, I say come down on the young guy even firmer which could eventually mean being dropped from the team.

I guess as an Alumni I have a different take. When he puts on the SU uniform he represents the entire University not just a select group of people. His conduct was an embarrassment not only to himself and his team but the entire university. Anyone with maturity would have immediately recognized that and publicly apologized for his actions.

As an alumni I disagree with this take. It's up to Dino and ADW.

so throw 20% of the student body out too.. They do these same things on TV every game in the stands.

so throw 20% of the student body out too.. They do these same things on TV every game in the stands.
I know, these fans are out of their minds. All of 'em should be tossed!

Fans that do not act appropriate can be thrown out of a game. Which does happen occasionally. Also students who violate code of conduct are disciplined. When you are representing the university in a public forum then you should use the same public forum to acknowledge what you did was unacceptable. That would show maturity and leadership. Clearly two qualities in my opinion Taj is missing based on his actions.

Fans that do not act appropriate can be thrown out of a game. Which does happen occasionally. Also students who violate code of conduct are disciplined. When you are representing the university in a public forum then you should use the same public forum to acknowledge what you did was unacceptable. That would show maturity and leadership. Clearly two qualities in my opinion Taj is missing based on his actions.
I just agreed with angry Otto it must be 2020 lol

I am all for discipline. But I wouldnt throw him off the team for something like that. Suspension fine.. do something dumb again give him another one.. But you are also there to try and do more for the kid than just play fball. when you are in the military you represent a higher order too, the whole country.. do they send you home or try to fix the problem?

Should we suspend every kid who swears on TV or is that ok? They both show the same lack of self control

I am all for discipline. But I wouldnt throw him off the team for something like that. Suspension fine.. do something dumb again give him another one.. But you are also there to try and do more for the kid than just play fball. when you are in the military you represent a higher order too, the whole country.. do they send you home or try to fix the problem?

Should we suspend every kid who swears on TV or is that ok? They both show the same lack of self control
I agree with the general point of your comment but there is certainly a difference between a guy swearing in the heat of the moment and a guy looking at a camera and flying the bird. The second has an aspect of premeditatedness to it.

Having said that, I'm good with the one game suspension, if that's what Dino decided. It's really not that different than parenting. You elicit consequences when necessary and make it clear that if the behavior does not change, the consequences will get more severe. If the dude didn't grow up in that kind of atmosphere this may be the first time in his life he has experienced accountability.

Much like what we have seen with the upgraded athleticism(and size) at the LB spot I believe the staff realized we needed to address the same issues at WR and oline. With the last class and this incoming one with Javonte Williams, Alford, Hatcher and Gadsen plus the oline recruits we have coming in plus Bleich I’m very pleased with what they have done.

Don't sleep on Trebor Pena out of the slot. Clearest path to playing time of all the WR's you mentioned above if Nykeim leaves.

Staff thought highly enough of Pena to design a play for him (that didn't work twice) and use him on kickoff returns to utilize his speed.

I am all for suspending him for as long as it takes for him to realize that his actions are embarrassing and need to stop.

It isn't just the flipping of the bird. It is his acting like a petulant child every single time a ball isn't placed in the perfect spot. Or that he doesn't break a run for a TD.

It is getting tiresome.

Don't sleep on Trebor Pena out of the slot. Clearest path to playing time of all the WR's you mentioned above if Nykeim leaves.

Staff thought highly enough of Pena to design a play for him (that didn't work twice) and use him on kickoff returns to utilize his speed.

The KO return alone was enough for me to see. Kid has wheels and can be a weapon if he gets the ball in his hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom