Hendrix-Queeley- the WRs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hendrix-Queeley- the WRs

Agree. I don't think we go deep enough in our skill position sometimes

You see other schools bringing out 8-9 WR a game, 3-4 TE, 4-5 RB

I had the impression from the EIU and BG numbers that Dino liked to spread it around and make the defense cover everyone and every place. I'm shocked that our passing game is all about shots down the sidelines to the same guy. I was surprised when he said in an interview that he prefers to have a clear #1 guy as his "bell cow".

He comes from a very difficult situation and needs mentorship - which Babers and company are doing. He is by all means a good kid that is extremely competitive and can let his emotions get the best of him.

I am rooting for him, and believe that kicking him off the team is exactly what you don’t do in his situation. He isn’t stealing from teammates or breaking the law. Hopefully he learns from this and we all move on
Oh my God! A voice of reason on a fan board? ;)

He comes from a very difficult situation and needs mentorship - which Babers and company are doing. He is by all means a good kid that is extremely competitive and can let his emotions get the best of him.

I am rooting for him, and believe that kicking him off the team is exactly what you don’t do in his situation. He isn’t stealing from teammates or breaking the law. Hopefully he learns from this and we all move on

Yeah, idk seems soft. I'm all for mentoring but this seems less of bad habit and more of a serious character flaw. Some people need to be knocked down to get back up, slaps on the wrists don't amount to much and a 1 game suspension is a slap. I'm not saying I wouldn't give him another chance, I'm just saying the discipline would be more substantial. We just differ in philosophy though, which is fine. I respect and understand your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

I like Queeley. He definitely has talent and I think could develop nicely at WR. He, more than anyone else, seems to have benefited from Culpepper having to step in and play. He's gone from 37, 18, 15, and 15 yards in games 1 through 4 to 77 (with a touchdown) and 58 yards in games 5 and 6, each with 5 receptions.

Harris being suspended for a game is fair. He needs to control the temper but wanting a player kicked off the team for flipping off the camera on the sidelines is ridiculous.

Last edited:
With our current OL troubles, it’s not about how fast a guy is or even how big he is. It’s about can he get separation off the line and does he have the ability to catch a contested ball.

Crazy to me that so far our TEs, a position group we think is pretty good, are averaging one reception a game.
They have to catch the ball...Hackett dropped one right in his hands and he had room to run.

It isn't the play calling, the more you drop the ball, the less your number gets called.

The OL looked pretty decent out there though.

They have to catch the ball...Hackett dropped one right in his hands and he had room to run.

It isn't the play calling, the more you drop the ball, the less your number gets called.

The OL looked pretty decent out there though.
People are really fixated on Hackett's drop.

Yeah. It was bad. Simple play that he needs to make.

But you know what I'm fixated on? Last season he and Benson combined for 32 receptions and 9 TDs. And right now this season they're projecting a a little more than a third of the receptions and less than half the TDs.

Doesn't that seem weird? I don't know, that 32/9 maybe sounds more indicative of their ability than Hackett dropping a pass once.

People are really fixated on Hackett's drop.

Yeah. It was bad. Simple play that he needs to make.

But you know what I'm fixated on? Last season he and Benson combined for 32 receptions and 9 TDs. And right now this season they're projecting a third of the receptions and half the TDs.

Doesn't that seem weird? I don't know, that 32/9 maybe sounds more indicative of their ability than Hackett dropping a pass once.
Whats even more weird is that we are projecting about 50% of last years offense, maybe that's it.

Whats even more weird is that we are projecting about 50% of last years offense, maybe that's it.
jones-sew-vac-dwight-schrute-false.jpg

We're projecting 50% of 2018's offense.

AQ was raved about when he showed up for camp freshmen year. I was told during preseason that he rarely dropped a pass. Definitely have high hopes for him. I thought he had some good moments against Clemson.

I can’t tel you how happy I am for Hendrix. I’ve been so high on him since he was a junior on HS. Injuries have given him a rough path, but if he can do what he did against Clemson, he can have a role. Good hands. Big body. Looked good on some slant routes. I would have loved for him to have a chance at some 50/50 balls. I still think he has things to prove here.

I still believe that when Cortney Jackson gets consistent opportunities in the slot, he is going to shine.

I was super happy with the progress going into Clemson. Let’s keep it going and we can absolutely beat Wake.

It’s my favorite quote and I’ll say it again - you’re never as bad as you think you are when you lose and you’re never as good as you think you are when you win. Incremental growth is key here on out.

AQ and Hendrix are our future for sure. Big fan of what we saw from them against the best team in the nation.

Want to see what Alford has.

Those aren't exactly jumping off the page numbers. 9/4 were against FCS/MAC, we don't have them this year.

But certainly better numbers than this year. I'm guessing they've been asked to pass protect more because of how dire things were.

Now that the OL is starting to hit a better stride, maybe they'll get more involved in the passing game.

Those aren't exactly jumping off the page numbers. 9/4 were against FCS/MAC, we don't have them this year.

But certainly better numbers than this year. I'm guessing they've been asked to pass protect more because of how dire things were.

Now that the OL is starting to hit a better stride, maybe they'll get more involved in the passing game.

We can only hope, special things seem to happen then they touch the ball

If this was an isolated incident, I’d agree with you. It’s not.
Yeah. I am pretty tired of him throwing his hands in the air and having temper tantrums on the field. I don’t have a problem with players having fire (Eric Dungey), but you have to draw the line somewhere. Hopefully Dino has put him in his place.

Much like what we have seen with the upgraded athleticism(and size) at the LB spot I believe the staff realized we needed to address the same issues at WR and oline. With the last class and this incoming one with Javonte Williams, Alford, Hatcher and Gadsen plus the oline recruits we have coming in plus Bleich I’m very pleased with what they have done.

I like Queeley. He definitely has talent and I think could develop nicely at WR. He, more than anyone else, seems to have benefited from Culpepper having to step in and play. He's gone from 37, 18, 15, and 15 yards in games 1 through 4 to 77 (with a touchdown) and 58 yards in games 5 and 6, each with 5 receptions.

Harris being suspended for a game is fair. He needs to control the temper but wanting a player kicked off the team for flipping off the camera on the sidelines is ridiculous.
He still has not publicly apologized to his team, coaches and the university. Now in today’s world they are many fake apologies but he hasn’t even bothered to try.
I feel before he gets back in the lineup he not only has to prove himself athletically but to show maturity and leadership.

He still has not publicly apologized to his team, coaches and the university. Now in today’s world they are many fake apologies but he hasn’t even bothered to try.
I feel before he gets back in the lineup he not only has to prove himself athletically but to show maturity and leadership.

Publicly is the key part. We have ZERO idea what he has done in private.
And as Dino says, they like to keep that sorta thing inside the family.

So - unless you're secretly on the team or staff, you don't have any clue what has gone on behind closed doors.
Which is exactly how Dino wants it for his team.

To who? You or his team?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom